Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 01:29 AM
BadgerNZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha this is true. Dunlop 800 prep is underway... that is to say I've got two gearboxes in bits on the bench and a non-mobile Cockroach on the hoist.!
Old 06-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Some Friday 4.30pm distractions...
The title on this article is hilarious "Nothing Screams 'Substance Abuse' Like A 1980s Gemballa 911 Interior". I've never seen such an over the top interior! http://jalopnik.com/80s-gemballa-int...uis-1710628236
And some more mildly tuned Finish Pcars: http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/06/...ed-in-finland/
Old 06-12-2015, 01:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by BadgerNZ
Haha this is true. Dunlop 800 prep is underway... that is to say I've got two gearboxes in bits on the bench and a non-mobile Cockroach on the hoist.!
Our wallets tremble at the thought of gearbox or engine problems. Ripco tried to charge us $350 for a Brake Master Cylinder. I walked out the door with one for $144 now on to YouTube to make sure I get the install right. The other drivers are very trusting...
Old 06-12-2015, 01:55 AM
BadgerNZ
Track Day

Haha I got a spare gearbox for mine for $40 off Trademe, including LSD, just stripping and inspecting it before I bolt it on alongside my broken gearbox, which I will repair/recondition and have sitting there as a spare.... haven't had a lot of free time (nor money!) to 2kCup stuff since getting engaged with wedding planning and stuff but I'll be at the 800 for sure, then giving the car a birthday before the start of next season proper!
Old 06-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Some great pics from the Targa Tour up here if you haven't seen them http://www.proshotz.com/p880279338/e47adb0d1
Old 06-12-2015, 05:12 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Hard to beat a 993 and heels mate............
Nice *****. There, it's been said.

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Video Link: https://youtu.be/NTv1iNB9gJA JMc - "Bring it" bi-arch............. Edit: JMc (AND Chris T) - "Bring it" bi-arch (s).............
Nothing like close running cars to bring out the red mist. We will get John M to the track in the R. Might just take a couple of months to wear him down.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Nice *****. There, it's been said. Nothing like close running cars to bring out the red mist. We will get John M to the track in the R. Might just take a couple of months to wear him down.
Might take longer than that. I just been given my draft schedule for the period to 31 March 2016. NZ, Vietnam, NZ, Australia, Korea, NZ and Australia. To top it off they put me down for Wellington when the SITT is on, despite being given a preference to keep that clear. I also suspect Korea will clash with part of the Festival of Speed. The clear message is to take the track time when I can get it, but not get too hyped up about particular events, unless I do something rash like resign.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:31 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Might take longer than that. I just been given my draft schedule for the period to 31 March 2016. NZ, Vietnam, NZ, Australia, Korea, NZ and Australia. To top it off they put me down for Wellington when the SITT is on, despite being given a preference to keep that clear. I also suspect Korea will clash with part of the Festival of Speed. The clear message is to take the track time when I can get it, but not get too hyped up about particular events, unless I do something rash like resign.
That timing is a bit sucky. Still jealous of the quality of pho cuon and bibimbap you're going to be scoffing John. As you point out though, between RSG, PCNZ, 2KCup and the rest, we're lucky to have a smorgasbord of motorsport opportunities to hand - so you're still sure to be getting your regular fix of speed and intrigue one way or another.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry about the news John.Looks like we will be spending similar amount of time in NZ between now and 31 March! Good news is SITT will be only a ferry ride and a fast drive south from WTGN. Maybe you can use a weekend to get down and visit us.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
That timing is a bit sucky. Still jealous of the quality of pho cuon and bibimbap you're going to be scoffing John. As you point out though, between RSG, PCNZ, 2KCup and the rest, we're lucky to have a smorgasbord of motorsport opportunities to hand - so you're still sure to be getting your regular fix of speed and intrigue one way or another.
I'm looking forward to both Vietnam and Korea, Australia not so much. If it gets too much I can always pull the pin, but I fear that I would enjoy the lifestyle of leisure too much. There would always be a project to do.

Speaking of projects Walter I've fitted the new brake master cylinder. I bench bled the cylinder using Castrol React as I figure we're going to flush the whole system again with SRF. I've also fitted new rotors, put in half used Endless pads and new rears. Given yours and Neil's safety is at stake I think it's a good idea to get that flush done by a professional. The brake cylinder work is not difficult but it's on a critical system
Old 06-12-2015, 07:28 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
sorry about the news John.Looks like we will be spending similar amount of time in NZ between now and 31 March! Good news is SITT will be only a ferry ride and a fast drive south from WTGN. Maybe you can use a weekend to get down and visit us.
I'm still positive that some of this won't eventuate so haven't become morose. Not sure about driving to Queenstown for a weekend, but flying is an option.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of projects Walter I've fitted the new brake master cylinder. I bench bled the cylinder using Castrol React as I figure we're going to flush the whole system again with SRF. I've also fitted new rotors, put in half used Endless pads and new rears. Given yours and Neil's safety is at stake I think it's a good idea to get that flush done by a professional. The brake cylinder work is not difficult but it's on a critical system
Good going John! I've arranged shore leave for the working bee on the 20th so will finish the tidy on the Grinch them. My wife reminded me that we are taking some friends to the U-20 WC playoff and final that day too though, so it will have to be a morning effort.

For those who may not have heard BTW, Hayden Paddon is still leading the WRC Italy round in Sardinia after stage 10. Great to see.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119450

He was aiming for top 6 going in, after finishing eighth in Portugal but it looks like his new paddleshift is agreeing with him!

Here's his 20 minute back story from motorkhanas in minis on up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86i3...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

John you said you'd pre-booked leave for the SITT. Surely they have to work around that?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm still positive that some of this won't eventuate so haven't become morose. Not sure about driving to Queenstown for a weekend, but flying is an option.
Sat 12+13 March QT/Wanaka (we may look at Wanaka this year), would be the perfect dates to fly in.

SITT numbers confirmed with Playdays and deposits paid by all but a couple of RSGers currently travelling offshore...

We have 17 on the tour with a couple of ring ins for Highlands.

Its going to be a great trip. Next up is accommodation. At this time looks like there will be no need for high levels support - its seems most machinery being taken is fairly modern.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
John you said you'd pre-booked leave for the SITT. Surely they have to work around that?
I put in my preferred dates, as did others, but leave isn't confirmed until the schedule is finalised. I've learned not to get wound up about it as dates change. The nature of my work is that it's easier to get weeks off than days as I simply don't participate in a review.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?