Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 02:24 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Shameless Pete - it's something like that Miller fella would say......
Getting in before you mate
Old 03-14-2015, 02:44 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tucked up in bed . Managed to get an infection from some sort of bite under my thigh so not the best for driving, or walking for that matter. Had to go see a doc in Invercargill and dosed up on antibiotics. Have a nice Lake View room in Queenstown so will just try to relax and get this better for the rest of the trip.

Spending an extraordinary amount of time on YouTube looking at GT4 videos. Hopefully we will get some allocation (of GT4's) in NZ.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
Tucked up in bed . Managed to get an infection from some sort of bite under my thigh so not the best for driving, or walking for that matter. Had to go see a doc in Invercargill and dosed up on antibiotics. Have a nice Lake View room in Queenstown so will just try to relax and get this better for the rest of the trip. Spending an extraordinary amount of time on YouTube looking at GT4 videos. Hopefully we will get some allocation (of GT4's) in NZ.
Leong, that's bad luck. Get well soon, so you can enjoy Highlands in good form. I've yet to be ill on a track day but I imagine it's not something you want to try when you need all of your facilities.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

A 964 day today. Doug dropped by and we did an adaptation on Lola. It seemed to work as it's no longer stalling at intersections. Time will tell.

Then it was time for my first 964 oil change. The only difficult part was keeping patient with adding oil at the end. It's so easy to overfill these cars. There are good instructions on Rennlist but I think they can add a magnetic retriever for the sump plugs that fall in the oil. Warning - the oil is very hot. Thanks to Doug for the deep oil pan. Very little spillage. Sump plugs were quite clean. Next job is to open the filter where logically any issues would end up c
Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Interesting writeup by Porsche on "Porsche Approved Tyres".

http://www.porsche.com/international...iew/article03/
Old 03-14-2015, 04:35 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Getting in before you mate
Yeah - gutted you where so quick to beat me to the punch...........
Old 03-14-2015, 04:38 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

More pcar p*rn from today............
Attached Images     
Old 03-14-2015, 04:45 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Here's some Fezza **** too (hope you don't mind.........)
Attached Images       
Old 03-14-2015, 06:20 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Macca, hope your home is intact. Pam looks like she hit Vila pretty hard.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:45 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...re-safe-a.html
Old 03-14-2015, 06:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Jason,

Macca and Mrs are on their way to NZ now from LAX with a view to getting back to Vila as soon as possible. That may be a few days away as the airport sounds a bit munted.

Having lived in Vila for ten years I can put the pics published so far into some context. It looks bad, but it's mostly wind damage being shown. the biggest destructive force is often not the wind but the rain and seawater surges. Bridges get taken out, roads are degraded and sea front houses can take wave damage.

It's the latter that's concerning Macca right now. It's something he will need to be there to see.

The positive if there is one is that the islanders are used to these and you'd be surprised how quickly things will grow back and damage etc fixed, albeit in an island way. There's a reason most Pacific Islands look the way they do. Nature is hard on human constructions.

Anyway fingers crossed for both of them. It's a shock and I imagine the stress levels will be sky high until they can get there and start to have some control.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Some pics, including the road that leads to Macca's properties which is partially washed away.
Attached Images      
Old 03-14-2015, 03:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Interesting writeup by Porsche on "Porsche Approved Tyres". http://www.porsche.com/international...iew/article03/
Jamie, this is a response to a post on Pistonheads. The responder works for Michelin UK.

mrdemon said:
HI Jamie can I keep using my non N spec Pilot Super Sports on my Cayman, As Porsche will not fit them or renew my warranty.

ALso as I have CGT front N spec tyres fitted to the back of my Cayman, has that been tested ? as Porsche will happy fit the front CGT tyres to the rear of my Cayman.

Or like most of us think here is N spec just bks ;-)

Because my NON N spec PSS are far better than my N spec PS2's

So if you can get Michelin to put in writing that my non N spec PSS are a better tyre than the N spec PS2 they might be happy to allow me to fit them !!!!
Ok, to answer your points:
- You can keep using any Non N rated tyre on your car, it's up to you. Suffice to the tyre complying with legal requirements for the country and legislation. That applies to a Non N rated Super Sport just as it applies to a cheap imported ditchfinder
- N Spec isn't as you say ##ll##ks. The homologation process requires a lot of cost, time, personnel and effort to pass. Yes, Porsche are tighter with the application of fitting those tyres to the vehicles, but I can assure you it isn't an easy process to pass. Plus to be honest as a tyre manufacturer if we only made 1 "flavour" or tyre in a size, life would be simple but it isn't. We do it because we get asked to, and we like seeing our tyres approved for the best vehicles, which brings me onto the next question
- PSS vs PS2 "N", while the PSS is probably a way superior tyre in every way, it isn't homologated for the car. It's not a question of what's best. We are in the process of developing the replacement for PS2 "N" with a launch date of late next year.
- The carrera GT spec front tyre won't have been tested to my knowledge on your cayman. As the homologations are car specific. I suppose in some way that shows some frustration that the dealer may approve a tyre for your car just as it's got an N rating on the side and not the right N marking for your car.
- I'm sorry but the decision lies with the dealer, not me. That's not a "get out" but I can happily speak to any Porsche dealer, and do on a regular basis, but sadly it's their decision. Not all dealers adopt the same mindset with regards to PSS.

Edited by jamiemcwhir on Wednesday 13th August 13:36
Old 03-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
Tucked up in bed . Managed to get an infection from some sort of bite under my thigh so not the best for driving, or walking for that matter. Had to go see a doc in Invercargill and dosed up on antibiotics. Have a nice Lake View room in Queenstown so will just try to relax and get this better for the rest of the trip.

Spending an extraordinary amount of time on YouTube looking at GT4 videos. Hopefully we will get some allocation (of GT4's) in NZ.
Be careful, if you don't come right, get out of town and see a city Doc
Old 03-14-2015, 06:35 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

John - where did you get the photos above? Are these from Macca?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?