Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:07 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Next 2k cup is 18/19 April at Taupo. They had the dates wrong. I'm definitely out as in Samoa. Who's up for it? Use it or lose it.
Real shame you can't make it John. Was good to catch up with yourself and Walter during the day.

I expect there will be quite a few annoyed people after this botchup. Hopefully they can cancel their accommodation without a fee.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
James - whats the engine in this beast?
Subaru 2.5 STi engine. I would have loved to have done a Porsche Flat 6 but that would have blown the budget sky high. I did a lot of the work myself, fabricating bits, sourcing better lights etc. Went to the fibreglass factory and helped make the body. Was a cool project but always missed owning a Porsche and the camaraderie that comes with it.
Attached Images          
Old 03-08-2015, 01:23 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by sp1ked
Real shame you can't make it John. Was good to catch up with yourself and Walter during the day. I expect there will be quite a few annoyed people after this botchup. Hopefully they can cancel their accommodation without a fee.
Glenn, with 7 owners Walter and I were lucky the others left us to it last weekend. I didn't expect that to continue but was keen to support if I could. The date change makes that impossible. They do seem to have a communication problem, not helped by dates during school holidays.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:44 AM
Ponto
Intermediate

Finally made it out for a decent run in the 993 today, Kirsty has been driving it a lot locally and loving it which is great and the reason for the purchase in the first place, so happy days there. We had new tyres and an alignment done prior to car arriving so knew that was all good and although the suspension looked ok and checked out fine it is running stock Boge set up so its been on my mind that I really wanted be sure it was all good for the time being. The weather looked good after a few days of rain so we decided to head towards the West Coast across the Haast Pass, I love this stretch of road and its great to test a car out without having to push to hard to get things working.
I must admit that a Tip, Targa wouldn't of been my first pic of spec but however it's the wife's car so all good, I soon realised why Kirsty has been enjoying the car so much, driving through the Beech forest with the roof back, steam coming of the road, the smells and the noise echoing around the trees was just brilliant!
We had a great day and the car handled better than I thought it would on oldish suspension, we do have a few upgrade plans but all good for now :-). We also met up with a good friend Barry on the way home for some fun which was a nice way to finish the day.

a few pics from the day...

Heading to the the Haast Pass playground!
Name:  P993%20haast%20road%20trip%202_zpsznluidjr.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  83.0 KB

Quick stop at the Blue Pools, to catch up with Barry.
Name:  P993%20haast%20road%20trip_zpswpsodktp.png
Views: 57
Size:  1.21 MB

Trying to keep up on way home!
Name:  P993%20haast%20road%20trip%201_zpswan4pqpo.png
Views: 38
Size:  1.18 MB

Looking forward to next weekend.........
Old 03-08-2015, 03:29 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Ponto I think driving through that Haast rainforest is just brilliant. Have done it with Jan in a Boxster and then again in a coup with the RSG boys on last year's SITT. doing it again over the extended Easter period. Roof down, you can hear the water running, birds and all the sweet smells of the forest. It's amazing alright.
Attached Images     
Old 03-08-2015, 03:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Looking back through a few photos brought back memories...
Attached Images   
Old 03-08-2015, 03:41 AM
O2GO
Drifting

And more...
Attached Images   
Old 03-08-2015, 03:52 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
Glenn, with 7 owners Walter and I were lucky the others left us to it last weekend. I didn't expect that to continue but was keen to support if I could. The date change makes that impossible. They do seem to have a communication problem, not helped by dates during school holidays.
Oh that's right. I trust the other owners will keep up the good showing then.

There really is a communication problem when you consider those dates have been locked in all season. More help needed maybe ...
Old 03-08-2015, 04:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

JMc - where you at the track today??
Old 03-08-2015, 04:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
Oh that's right. I trust the other owners will keep up the good showing then. There really is a communication problem when you consider those dates have been locked in all season. More help needed maybe ...
Yes, more help needed. Last weekend it felt a bit like school in that the focus was on the performers and naughty drivers with the middle of the pack left alone. We didn't sense that there was much interest in policing rules if you weren't leading and/or causing incidents.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
JMc - where you at the track today??
No, still in dingo land.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:19 AM
Ponto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by O2GO
Ponto I think driving through that Haast rainforest is just brilliant. Have done it with Jan in a Boxster and then again in a coup with the RSG boys on last year's SITT. doing it again over the extended Easter period. Roof down, you can hear the water running, birds and all the sweet smells of the forest. It's amazing alright.
O2GO, It sure is a great drive, were pretty spoilt down here for selection of different roads all within an hour or so drive. Have planned a catch up and a cruise with Spokes when he's back from his travels which will be good, hopefully learn a little more about the 993 model too, are you down in Easter with a group? either way would be good to say hi if you have time, I'll meet you at Haast for the trip back to Wanaka

Ps. What icon do you copy to bring the pics across from Photobucket rather than the link?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:29 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

RSG1 and SP1KED on track.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2015, 04:32 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Resuming normal transmission. Does anyone on here own this? Like the colour.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2015, 04:37 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ponto
O2GO, It sure is a great drive, were pretty spoilt down here for selection of different roads all within an hour or so drive. Have planned a catch up and a cruise with Spokes when he's back from his travels which will be good, hopefully learn a little more about the 993 model too, are you down in Easter with a group? either way would be good to say hi if you have time, I'll meet you at Haast for the trip back to Wanaka Ps. What icon do you copy to bring the pics across from Photobucket rather than the link?
We will be in Arrowtown for the 7-8 April then heading to Hokitika on the 9th. We are driving down the east side of the Island and back the west. Hoping for some early morning runs from Arrowtown. Remind me where you are based?

I post photos by uploading them to the site.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?