Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The VIN is Porsche.

I have file for these on PC can tell you tomorrow 100%
Old 03-03-2015, 07:16 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my replacement frunk identification stickers from a fellow RL'r. For some reason the original is not there and I wanted to replace it. When double checking the values against the original in the service book i noticed option code 150

964uk says it is "No Emissions Systems for countries without unleaded fuel"
others say it is "operates with leaded gas"

I am wondering what the physical differences are to support this code??? Like others i have no O2 sensor - is this part of the difference and are there others?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I just received my replacement frunk identification stickers from a fellow RL'r. For some reason the original is not there and I wanted to replace it. When double checking the values against the original in the service book i noticed option code 150 964uk says it is "No Emissions Systems for countries without unleaded fuel" others say it is "operates with leaded gas" I am wondering what the physical differences are to support this code??? Like others i have no O2 sensor - is this part of the difference and are there others?
Yes to all M150 is no cats or lambda gear so close loop system for omissions....CO2 potentiometer for idle mix usually...
Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes to all M150 is no cats or lambda gear so close loop system for omissions....CO2 potentiometer for idle mix usually...
Thanks Macca. In that case i'd be really interested to see the AFR and ignition mappings on my ECU.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul the NZ retail for the spec of 991 GT3RS I would want in Lava Orange with a few options is 377,000 NZD with on road cost (base is 360000 + ORC). Private import 90k less. U got the brochure last night with the press pack when the embargo ended and I went through it in detail and in short I'm very happy with my GT3 for the money!! Infact I expect the 991 GT3 has just got more popular!! If I had taken an RS I would have had to give up the GT4 and GT3 to justify it!!
Approx $380K is starting to get up there.

I can see why 997.2's have recovered some of their depreciation.......

You pay a lot for an 'RS' badge. The badge is worth more than its weight in plutonium.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:45 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by esonefour
It's a full Ruf, not sure on Vin cross reference and not one of the 29 lightweight as it's turbo bodied.
Everything about it is Ruf , rain gutters mirrors , gauges the lot.
220k is a bit of coin but what would a stock 930 go for plus mods ?
Thank the Playstation generation for the interest in the Yellowbird. That and the fact RUF was the only Porsche products you could "drive" in the GT games. For some reason Porsche were one of a very few manufactures that werent in the game.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Thanks Macca. In that case i'd be really interested to see the AFR and ignition mappings on my ECU.
Warwick, I have the same system with no lambda sensor. I'm not sure if you can retrofit into the loom and have OE functionality.

You could however use an Innovate system with an aftermarket WB sensor to measure AFR.

I'm going to fit the WB sensor to Herman when I return and connect to my Typhoon ECU. That will be give me closed loop efficiency (hopefully) and allow me to log my AFR.

During the dyno run it was quite rich at 11.3:1 with the Motronics and SW Chip.

Books I am reading now suggest a high 12 is appropriate for an air cooled motor. I'm hoping the Typhoon is already at that level, but need to know before I stretch it at the track.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:49 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Yes but when did RUF vin start WPOzzzz?

Sorry Matt can't match you for Google resources today as driving 400km to Acapulco today and having to rely on mobile network and dodgy memory.

It had all the RUF gear that I can see on my iPhone but no integrated cage. RUF could do all these mods to customer cars. They only built 24 or so with RUF in from memory?

The market for a good one hard to establish. A few years ago the Dark red one sold in USA IIRC and now looking 400k. +++
That Yellowbird has a cage. You can see it from the front on photo.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 PM
cliffjumper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Thank the Playstation generation for the interest in the Yellowbird. That and the fact RUF was the only Porsche products you could "drive" in the GT games. For some reason Porsche were one of a very few manufactures that werent in the game.
Playstation generation checking in. I think EA owns the rights to Porsche appearances in video games (Need for Speed etc) so Gran Turismo used RUF as a loophole. I remember hating the oversteer on the RUFs and sticking to skylines and monster tajima's pikes peak escudo
Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ooops should read open loop system just discovered my error...
Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That Yellowbird has a cage. You can see it from the front on photo.
Ruff cages more neatly integrated.

I have no internet but heres a RUF VIn and a RUF factory integrated full cage...
Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
Warwick, I have the same system with no lambda sensor. I'm not sure if you can retrofit into the loom and have OE functionality.

You could however use an Innovate system with an aftermarket WB sensor to measure AFR.

I'm going to fit the WB sensor to Herman when I return and connect to my Typhoon ECU. That will be give me closed loop efficiency (hopefully) and allow me to log my AFR.

During the dyno run it was quite rich at 11.3:1 with the Motronics and SW Chip.

Books I am reading now suggest a high 12 is appropriate for an air cooled motor. I'm hoping the Typhoon is already at that level, but need to know before I stretch it at the track.
Interesting what you say about the optimum AFR for air cooled engines. I'm guessing 12.x is at WOT?

I agree the O2 sensor is the way to go. The map SC provided with their ECU would be the ideal value for a given load, TP, etc. Who knows what the actual AFR would be on a car given varying wear, mods, etc - thus the sensor providing values for appropriate trimming.

I'd be curious to see the mapping tables for the stock ECU and compare it to what the real measured values are. I would certainly drive a decision as to whether to invest in a programmable ECU - Typhoon, Motec, etc
Old 03-03-2015, 09:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Interesting what you say about the optimum AFR for air cooled engines. I'm guessing 12.x is at WOT? I agree the O2 sensor is the way to go. The map SC provided with their ECU would be the ideal value for a given load, TP, etc. Who knows what the actual AFR would be on a car given varying wear, mods, etc - thus the sensor providing values for appropriate trimming.
Racoguy's ECU gave me an average of 11.7 across the the rev range. As said above it was 11.3 with my ECU and SW chip. The book I'm reading talks about aiming for 0.9 lambda. Other material I've read says be more conservative with air cooled motors. I will hope for high 12.x and keep well below 13.5. I don't want it overheating or overfueling.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting what you say about the optimum AFR for air cooled engines. I'm guessing 12.x is at WOT?

I agree the O2 sensor is the way to go. The map SC provided with their ECU would be the ideal value for a given load, TP, etc. Who knows what the actual AFR would be on a car given varying wear, mods, etc - thus the sensor providing values for appropriate trimming.

I'd be curious to see the mapping tables for the stock ECU and compare it to what the real measured values are. I would certainly drive a decision as to whether to invest in a programmable ECU - Typhoon, Motec, etc
I have a sensor on my MFI engine and running 12.x - cant remember exactly, need to go look
Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

+1. Electronic Arts holds the licence for Porsche so Sony couldn't use Porsche. EA should re-do NFS Porsche Unleashed.

[edit] cliffjumper bet me to it!

Last edited by J1NX3D; 03-03-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?