Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:50 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Fellow Rennlisters, friends, and Porsche Addicts.

No doubt you are all aware of the Category 5 Cyclone PAM which ravished the southern islands of Vanuatu (South Western Pacific) including the capital on Efate on Friday 13 March, 2015.

Many of you will also know Efate is our place of permanent residence. We were in Mexico at the time of the cyclone but returned immediately arriving three days after the event. We are now on the ground and able to understand first-hand the extent of the damage and hardship the Cyclone had brought many people.

Please could you take a look at our small fund raiser below. We would really like to help those families we are close to and their extended families in the village, rebuild their homes and their lives. Joanna (my wife) and I have already contributed alot of our own time and money ensuring many of the people of our local village have been accommodated and medicated straight after the Cyclone. We need to continue these efforts and your contribution no matter how small or great would be appreciated...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...mes-in-vanuatu

Cheers - Macca

P.S. Rennlist is a great place, its been the lounge room in my home for many years, essentially an extension of my own home where I have met many fantastic folk, made many friends and even "physically" met many of those who I have befriended. Ive always tried to be generous with my time and any small knowledge I may have here. Its a really great place, we have received many emails of concern since the cyclone reached international news on the weekend and Id like to thank everyone here for that, as time is limited for us and internet access not the easiest to get right now...
And money sent, good luck!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:14 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
^^^^^ Donation made. All the best Macca and Jo.
Ditto. Good luck to all over there, it sure is a mess.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Ditto. Good luck to all over there, it sure is a mess.
Ditto x 2
Old 03-21-2015, 03:50 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
It took 4 hours to download all of the updates and a further 6 hours to install. This morning I did a short track day at Brands Hatch, then bought a Honda Fit.

I have told my youngest son to play until I have enough credits to get something more interesting. He wants to know how much he will be paid per hour. Good try young one - just get driving.
Arcade mode John
Old 03-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Happy birthday Doug. Hope you were spoilt by the family.Certainly looks like it.
Sent a bit to help in vanuatu Macca and Jo. Hope you manage to help rebuild and you didn't suffer to much.
Had a great day at Hampton Downs today and looking forward to two Porsche and two nzgt races tomorrow.
Well done the black caps. That's the way to play the game.. SA vs NZ on tuesday will have me sitting squarely on the fence.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:48 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^^ Donation made. All the best Macca and Jo.
Likewise. Feeling for you all over there. Thanks for the update Macca.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:25 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Passed Digby Paape and a dozen pcars going the other way over the Rimutakas this morning. Did lots of waving and flashing lights. A red 964 amongst them too
Old 03-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Woke up this morning and finally got some internet down at a hotel in town. Wonderful surprise to find our fund raising is going so well. Have updated some of the families from Mele village and they are so thankful, truly humbling stuff. Our NZ RLers have been so generous. Joanna will be emailing each and everyone of you with thanks. its really is appreciated. Ive attached a few photos of Mele Village taken n Tuesday when we got in 4 days after the event. The clean up continues and the situation improves, although power is not yet restored to the villages and outlying areas yet. I will keep you up dated with progress and work we do with the funds we raise. The good news is we are able to actually do something directly and quickly to improve peoples situation unlike many of the larger aid agencies who are currently locked into a bureaucratic situations with the local government in terms of distributing goods and services to help the people...
Attached Images           
Old 03-21-2015, 07:49 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Done Macca. Good on you and Joanna for taking the time and making the effort. We have the easy bit: clicking the button on a mouse. You have the tough bit: rebuilding a community.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Trip up to inland-Canterbury this weekend. Great drive up, intended to take some pics on the way back to QT - unfortunately pissed down all the way to Cromwell. Few pics... 700m lens for shot of Mt Hutt

S
Attached Images    
Old 03-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts
Default one more

And one more pic
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2015, 09:01 PM
shiraz
Racer

Measles? lol
Old 03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Ok friends, time to ask your friends and rifle through our cupboards for useful stuff for Jo and Macca's village friends in Vanuatu. If you can box them up and drop at my place by this Tuesday night I'll get them to the container on Wednesday.

My address is 9 Kowhatu Road, One Tree Hill.

Box and label what's inside clearly. I suggest we add "for Mele Village please" to the labels.

Here's what's needed (from Jo)...

At this stage, co-ordinating a container ourselves is logistically too much for us as we have no internet, no phones etc apart from minimal access through others. We are however aware of a container that is coming over from Auckland. I've shared the link on my FB page - also below.

Items need to be dropped off as per below:

Last day for the container is Wednesday before 4.30pm. Fr8 logistics, 70 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks - Mon -Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm - Hari 0211447370 during the operating hours

Items needed can be anything and everything including:

Clothes
Non-perishable food
Bottled water
Medical supplies
Bedlinen
Bathroom linen
Tarpaulins
Nails, hammers, screws
Tents
Cooking utensils

Thanks again Doug. All support so gratefully received over here.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug. Thanks so much for helping with this. Jo sends big kisses! Donating items for the container is a great way for those who are not in a position to make a cash contribution. Every little bit helps.

Our fundraising is going well. So far Rennlist members and RSG members alone have brought us to almost 50% of our funding target. We have spent the last few hours putting together emails to other friends and family, past business colleagues etc so hope to see that number rise again. We also have a database of those who have stayed at our waterfront Vilas to tap into so will attempt to get the word out to those people too. I will be working Monday to organise corrugated iron, timber and cement from the first shipments into Vanuatu to help start the rebuilding process....

Thanks again to all

M+J
Old 03-21-2015, 10:15 PM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Ok friends, time to ask your friends and rifle through our cupboards for useful stuff for Jo and Macca's village friends in Vanuatu. If you can box them up and drop at my place by this Tuesday night I'll get them to the container on Wednesday.

My address is 9 Kowhatu Road, One Tree Hill.

Box and label what's inside clearly. I suggest we add "for Mele Village please" to the labels.

Here's what's needed (from Jo)...

At this stage, co-ordinating a container ourselves is logistically too much for us as we have no internet, no phones etc apart from minimal access through others. We are however aware of a container that is coming over from Auckland. I've shared the link on my FB page - also below.

Items need to be dropped off as per below:

Last day for the container is Wednesday before 4.30pm. Fr8 logistics, 70 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks - Mon -Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm - Hari 0211447370 during the operating hours

Items needed can be anything and everything including:

Clothes
Non-perishable food
Bottled water
Medical supplies
Bedlinen
Bathroom linen
Tarpaulins
Nails, hammers, screws
Tents
Cooking utensils

Thanks again Doug. All support so gratefully received over here.
Just a suggestion - if you're at the supermarket this weekend or early in the week, simply grab some of those big 2 or 5 litre drinking water packs and a few cans of baked beans etc. it will only $10-20 to your shop. If enough people do this it Adds up.

Also - if you're at Mitre 10 - grab a tarp or 3 as well as some nails etc. it will add bugger all to your bill.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?