Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Dave, the SC is looking better and better. Bring it down to Caffeine & Classics tomorrow morning? I tried to buy the 1981 SC listed today, but was gone by the time I heard back from the seller.

Doug, great to see that the enthusiasm hasn't diminished since first taking a Boxster for a run. Long may it continue.
That went pretty quickly then. Wonder what it was like? I am going to try to come to C and C this morning. Promised my Daughter that we'd do something so will have to work around that. Won't be in the SC though - it's laid up waiting for a box of bits from Pelican for the front end which is still disassembled.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Cayman GT4 in Carmine Red spy pictures just released. Now imagine Matt black wheels and flat black rear spoiler stays? Would look nice next to a white GT3!
Macca that is the perfect colour combo. A deeper red looks good. One of my fave's was the e39 motorsport in Imola red which is similar.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:21 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Aiming to get a coffee at Columbus at 9am with a few others if you or anyone else is about.

Agree that red looks great. Maybe a green RS to mix it up a little Macca.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Macca that is the perfect colour combo. A deeper red looks good. One of my fave's was the e39 motorsport in Imola red which is similar.
Dave. That was the only red I ever liked much and the Carmine Red is almost a perfect copy of it!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:17 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Thanks guys. Dawn run to Russell in the RS60. Top down, scarf on (cool and a little dewy), sports exhaust symphony, dodging heaps of Pukakos (Macca knows!) and even a couple of rabbits. One dead sparrow that was too slow.
Coffee on the Russell waterfront. I don't think I could ever tire of this.
Attached Images   
Old 02-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug that is some of the most fun Ive had in a car in recent years. Im back for a month late April to Late May for a few track days and the Targa. Perhaps we could organise a 4 car sortie up to your bach stay a couple of nights and do some more early morning dawn raids. Might be too cold for Pukekos to hassle us? Just an idea - could work well for a slightly long weekend first or second week of May? What say you?
Old 02-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam congrats on selling the wheels. I was first two bidders (I have more than one account) to get it to reserve. Hope you didnt mind ;-)
Cheers, good to get the ball rolling and thanks for sharing the enthusiasm and the find along the way!

Maybe In the U.S./U.K. they would be worth twice as much when repainted, and several overseas underbidders came to the party including Nik connecting a Hong Kong buyer. thanks mate. Two offers from Aussie buyers came in through rennlist too, but I'm happier to have sold them locally, changing hands on monday. Sure was a fun auction to watch with new bidders appearing at the last minute.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:14 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug that is some of the most fun Ive had in a car in recent years. Im back for a month late April to Late May for a few track days and the Targa. Perhaps we could organise a 4 car sortie up to your bach stay a couple of nights and do some more early morning dawn raids. Might be too cold for Pukekos to hassle us? Just an idea - could work well for a slightly long weekend first or second week of May? What say you?
Too right. Let's do it :-). Pick a weekend that fits your schedule and I'll book the bach for us
Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Cayman GT4 in Carmine Red spy pictures just released. Now imagine Matt black wheels and flat black rear spoiler stays? Would look nice next to a white GT3!
I must say that looks pretty good Macca. different light and cam makes pictures look different
Low at the front - same ride height as gt3?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:26 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I also thought you had moved on the RS allocation to another RLer?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Keep it right side up Doug. Playday for Neil and I, in the Normal Group tomorrow morning. Thanks for the lend of the tow bar connection. Who would have thought tow bar connections would be so difficult?
Ask Razzo if he has one from the cayenne he's wrecking. Also it would not be hard to buy the parts and make one up, esp with your DIY skills. Evening job in the Sydney hotel. For others reading this John is short of s round European to rectangular Austalasian trailer lights adapter cable.

Oh John, another thing. Our Cayennes are not compatible with modern LED trailer lights as they use a standard (old school) German trailer lights control unit. Same with Chris B's Q7. He has a fancy adaptor for that. With our cars the LED lights flash continually and you have no indicators or brake lighting. Didn't stop me going to Wellington and back like this :-(
Old 02-21-2015, 05:33 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug great work on selling the tyres. You got a bit more than the reserve which is good! I see Steve Rasso just missed out on them....small world!
Thanks. Yes he mentioned that to me :-)
Old 02-21-2015, 05:34 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Sam congrats on selling the wheels. I was first two bidders (I have more than one account) to get it to reserve. Hope you didnt mind ;-)
Good on you mate!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:46 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

And Neil clocks 1.26.82 in his first run with BB. I think he's determined to advance from there. He needs better than 1.26.40 to move from 4th to 2nd, taking out Chris B and Paul M.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:38 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice to see the R out there today (under the careful eye of its former owner!) You're a brave man taking it out in the general group! What sort of times were you running first time out?

Good to see lots of regular faces out there today and meet a few new ones. Patsy must have sneaked out of the house early and grabbed the keys to the GT3!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?