Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:23 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Glad to help although the Cayman R has gone from hero to zero. It's on a 17" Frankenstein D90 while the original wheel wends its way up to Oakura. I hope Peter enjoys his trip, he must have contracted the Doug road trip bug after doing 6 hours today.
I appreciate the sacrifice John. Car less than 24 hours old, a kid with a new toy that's been taken away from you and put out of reach on the top shelf. And a Sunday "driving day". I'll have your loan wheel back tonight.

I hope Pete could fit the wheel into his Cayman ok. Those wheels are big.

Originally Posted by nzskater
Doug, I've got a full set of Turbo wheels with tyres if you want to use while you find a suitable replacement set. Rears might look a little aggressive... Congratulations on the new car John! Look forward to seeing it in the metal.
Thanks for the offer Jake. I've got the Cayenne to run around in until replacement tyres are sorted. Crazy thing is I have a set of new 18" MPSS tyres in my garage that I can't use. They just need to grow an inch :-)
Old 01-17-2015, 03:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 588 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I appreciate the sacrifice John. Car less than 24 hours old, a kid with a new toy that's been taken away from you and put out of reach on the top shelf. And a Sunday "driving day". I'll have your loan wheel back tonight. I hope Pete could fit the wheel into his Cayman ok. Those wheels are big. Thanks for the offer Jake. I've got the Cayenne to run around in until replacement tyres are sorted. Crazy thing is I have a set of new 18" MPSS tyres in my garage that I can't use. They just need to grow an inch :-)
We fitted a spare rear tyre in each of our cars for the trip back from Mount Maunganui so Pete should be fine for the drive today.

Not sure what offset the big wheels are but the Frankenstein D90 is not a complete disaster on the R.

Yes, the R did spend the night outside, with the Cayenne. The garage is full until the Turbo 3.6 goes on Wednesday.
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
John, sorry to miss last nights BBQ, but got dragged up to Marsden Cove by would be boat buyer..got back at 7.00. Anybody going out today to HD, is there a designated meeting spot? Dave, want a ride, as I know you are short of cars?
Not a problem Phil. Millerettes included we had a full house with 19. You might have had to sit on Paul's lap to get a seat
Old 01-17-2015, 04:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
great John that's quick moving. Arrived Sweden via Shanghai, Helsinki tired and due a good sleep
Thoughts running through my mind had a phrase I think you once said, "you can't outspend the Porsche research department".

The 991 GT3 and RS60 are so capable I knew I wanted to complement the 964 with something similar, near new that was made for the casual track driver.

The R delivers that and has the options I would have chosen. It was presented in an as new condition. You can't ask for much more.

I'm absolutely sure it could be my DD car, but I'm not so sure it will supplant the need for air cooled cars with their classic character.

When selling the Turbo 3.6 it was clear that owners of modern machinery still hankered after the older cars. I'll probably be the same.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

What a lot of news! Just about to leave for HD. I will probably see some of you in the Porsche pits. Well done for all the new purchases.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 PM
O2GO
Drifting

John's wheel is installed on the RS60 and Pete's caffeined up and on his way back. Many thanks to all who helped out. Doesn't John's wheel look nice! It felt very light carrying it too.
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2015, 06:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Micheal - do you know these people https://www.facebook.com/aaron.foss....52735231242815
Old 01-17-2015, 06:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Paul, just saw this posted on Facebook and had to share again
just yanking your chain
Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
John, sorry to miss last nights BBQ, but got dragged up to Marsden Cove by would be boat buyer..got back at 7.00.
Anybody going out today to HD, is there a designated meeting spot? Dave, want a ride, as I know you are short of cars?
Just got back, left early and took in the action for the morning. Very hot.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm back also - what a wicked road from SH1 to Oakura . Didn't beat the Doug/Macca early morning time for that run but its a great road!! Came up on 4 cars and 3 of them pulled over within 1km - my faith in NZ drivers is restored!

One slow patch at Warkworth as per normal but other than that it was plain sailing. Time to jump in the pool and coool off.

Safe trip back later Doug & thanks for the refreshments & caffeine. You're a gent!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:02 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't be nasty! Cool clip though.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Don't be nasty! Cool clip though.
Whoops, I forgot that their are some displaced Waikato people on this board .....
Old 01-18-2015, 12:14 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul, just saw this posted on Facebook and had to share again Bad Boys (1/8) Movie CLIP - This Is a Limited Edition (1995) HD - YouTube just yanking your chain
Bad Boys Bad Boys............. (you are going to miss that car mate). Sometime after Wednesday you are going to go into the garge and think dude - were's my car?? ........... and have a little sad moment..........

Thanks for arranging the BBQ last night mate - the missus and millerette's all had a good time. Hopefully our behaviour was good enough that we get invited back??
Old 01-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Bad Boys Bad Boys............. (you are going to miss that car mate). Sometime after Wednesday you are going to go into the garge and think dude - were's my car?? ........... and have a little sad moment..........

Thanks for arranging the BBQ last night mate - the missus and millerette's all had a good time. Hopefully our behaviour was good enough that we get invited back??
Did they break anything while they were there John
Old 01-18-2015, 01:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Bad Boys Bad Boys............. (you are going to miss that car mate). Sometime after Wednesday you are going to go into the garge and think dude - were's my car?? ........... and have a little sad moment.......... Thanks for arranging the BBQ last night mate - the missus and millerette's all had a good time. Hopefully our behaviour was good enough that we get invited back??
Just drove it to the Service Station to overfill the tyres for its long voyage. Honestly I was too paranoid to enjoy it. Every car seemed to be on a collison course. Wednesday and the delivery to the depot can't come quickly enough. It's been paid for and doesn't belong to me, it's now a responsibility.

Come Wednesday night I will fill the garage gap with the R and I will wonder how in 2 months I went from never selling cars to having sold and bought two. They were all positive choices. What

I think may happen more painful than not driving it is finding out they continue to skyrocket in price. There are more buyers out there. Money is cheap and car supply is limited. I will never own one again but I can say I had one for many years. I still have Herman so not all is lost.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?