Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I'm liking the alacantera inserts mate! The car is going to feel a whole load different when driving from those pews!
Yeah I'm glad I stumped up the extra $$. Still a little nervous though that despite many emails one seats will arrive leather and one in Alcatara!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Come on Paul hurry before Macca snaps this fine addition up to hide his stone chips
I'd love to mate, but after your seats and the paint job I have run out of $$

We need to get a crack on with shipping these up too..........
Old 12-01-2014, 03:15 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Shiny new seats about to be shipped out. Anyone interested in some Sports Seats
Very nice James............
Old 12-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah I'm glad I stumped up the extra $$. Still a little nervous though that despite many emails one seats will arrive leather and one in Alcatara!
Your chinglese needs work maybe. Wonder if Chloe will throw in a set of black lace panties for you ;-)
Old 12-01-2014, 03:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I'd love to mate, but after your seats and the paint job I have run out of $$

We need to get a crack on with shipping these up too..........
Good news mate. PCNZ concourse events and Cars & Coffee very cheap future hobbies for you. $5 in gas and what is it about 3x that per litre for Coffee these days?
Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just over 24 hrs up. Half those watching are on this board. Other wear baseball caps sideways? ;-)
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Just over 24 hrs up. Half those watching are on this board. Other wear baseball caps sideways? ;-)
How long did it take until CCS emailed you lol. I'm sure John Mcm has it in his watch list but no need to single him out
Old 12-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

6.55 am I received an email from CCS.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:48 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

How long did it take until CCS emailed you lol. I'm sure John Mcm has it in his watch list but no need to single him out
Not on mine, the only Porsche I'm watching is the C2 Cab. Word is that all of the noise about underselling it has made it back to the seller. The start price is no longer the reserve. Give it another few years and the supply will have dried up because the speculators are hoarding them, not driving them. The rot starts with glass out resprays.....the few drivers left will be taking engines out over the weekend for fun, because the mechanics won't have the skills any more - cars in storage don't need repairs.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Give it another few years and the supply will have dried up because the speculators are hoarding them, not driving them. The rot starts with glass out resprays.....the few drivers left will be taking engines out over the weekend for fun, because the mechanics won't have the skills any more - cars in storage don't need repairs.
Oh the truth this is! I have you down as a boarderline hoarder John ;-)

Jake has some of the homework on the womble green cab if you are buying. But Im sure he's kept you up with the play. Its going from "value proposition" to "big hole in the ground" fairly swiftly from where the pricing is heading IMO. It wasn't quite as mint as I expected from the photos thats for sure.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RSZWEI yep they're 2 piece Simmons, was gonna replace with factory wheels but they've grown on me.

Jake, thanks for uploading some pics, Aaron's white 964 next to yours was my old one

Gotta say im considering the black 996 C2 without the GT3 kit or an older Cayman as a hack car for daily duties/dirtier weekend runs. Apparently the pre 2005 cars are better for the IMS upgrade? Macca you were saying the gearboxs are sealed units from Japan?

As a whole are non Turbo/GT3 996's accidents waiting to happen, or with the ims upgrade ok? Has anyone on here owned one?
Old 12-01-2014, 04:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Oh the truth this is! I have you down as a boarderline hoarder John ;-) Jake has some of the homework on the womble green cab if you are buying. But Im sure he's kept you up with the play. Its going from "value proposition" to "big hole in the ground" fairly swiftly from where the pricing is heading IMO. It wasn't quite as mint as I expected from the photos thats for sure.
If it was $30k deal done it would be fighting for a place in my garage now. That's not how markets work now though. The price behind the scenes has gone up and there is a list of needs to make it pristine that would quickly tote up, the top being the largest one. I feel it's no longer an attractive buy and I suspect Jake has come to the same conclusion.

As for hoarding, guilty as charged. I would buy another 964 or two in a heartbeat, but my garage is full, until the 996TT sells
Old 12-01-2014, 05:05 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
If it was $30k deal done it would be fighting for a place in my garage now. That's not how markets work now though. The price behind the scenes has gone up and there is a list of needs to make it pristine that would quickly tote up, the top being the largest one. I feel it's no longer an attractive buy and I suspect Jake has come to the same conclusion.

As for hoarding, guilty as charged. I would buy another 964 or two in a heartbeat, but my garage is full, until the 996TT sells
You just need a hoist and start stacking them John
Old 12-01-2014, 05:08 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm staying away from it. Too many small issues would add up quick, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to have left them alone. I foresee someone paying a little over $40k, and spending about $15k to sort out the issues I found, to then either flip or hold, with little driving in between. Happy to be proven wrong! This presents a less risky option: https://trademe.co.nz/815725797 (unsure about the Targa top reference).

Pel: the GT 996's don't have the IMS issue (instead throwing coolant pipes). As a daily a 996TT presents a pretty viable option.

It looks like for the same money you could get a lower km's and newer Cayman S, which could be a lot of fun...

Last edited by nzskater; 12-01-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pel. Here is some good info - scan down the page. I thought I had read the gearbox supplier was a Japanese supplier but it doesnt look that way which is good:

http://books.google.vu/books?id=Raan...%20996&f=false

PEL, I agree with Jake and you couldnt go far wrong with something like Johns 996TT for 48K.

55-60K is too much for a green on green tipo 964 wide body of questionable provenance and mileage even when tarted up. The wheels arent original to the car either (although they do look good one it). They are the wrong generation centres for starters. Theres enough evidence to suggest youd want it on the hoist to look for any accident damage first to be sure. Ashleys ex Brunei minter may command 50-60K on a good day in NZ when everyone is drinking the UK cool aid but honestly it must be the heaviest factory variant aircooled in that config and one of the most challenging colour combos.

Hell, you could buy a very nice 964 manual NZ new coupe for that money if you are fast or 40% of my 993 C2 assuming the price hasn't risen by then!

Definitely caveat emptor out there as demonstrated in this case once you step back and add it all up. PPI absolutely mandatory. John you know the gig you have the T shirt.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?