Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 01:52 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Looks like someone is getting an ex UK RS for Xmas...
Donor car for Matt's track special. You could've let Matt announce it though Jake...

BTW - I reckon the colour of that WB C2 Cabrio you looked at does a great job of showing off the voluptuous curves. A black, dark blue or maybe bone interior would've been my preference to go with it but Porsches aren't Audis or Jags so can get away with a bit of flamboyance and individualisation. It's not like its pink or yellow in there.

Last edited by 996tnz; 11-29-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:48 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Once you're inside the car the green is much less apparent, and it's darker than I expected. A black steering wheel would be the first aesthetic change I think. Would break it up a little and work with the black throughout the dash etc.

I went into it expecting to hate it, but it wasn't anywhere near as garish as I'd lead myself to believe.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:53 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I know the C4. Missed it by a couple of hours. Previously owned by a Dr for some time in chch and in super cond. Bought by a property dev in chch about 6 months ago for 45k. He was going to do backdate on it, glad he didn't. The turbo is his also. Seems to be liquidating. The guy also bought the blue 64 in Glenfield not so long ago that was advertised for 32k sight unseen and sold on when he bought the GR C4 above. I get the impression he sees them as play things and something of a speculative investment rather than an enthusiast. Nothing wrong with that nessesarily as long as they are well kept while owned
Old 11-29-2014, 04:02 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by Spokes
Incredible, asking 55K & 125K and i could take better photos with my very old Brownie Camera!

Same Vendor.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:23 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Once you're inside the car the green is much less apparent, and it's darker than I expected. A black steering wheel would be the first aesthetic change I think. Would break it up a little and work with the black throughout the dash etc.

I went into it expecting to hate it, but it wasn't anywhere near as garish as I'd lead myself to believe.
Why not go all the way
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2014, 04:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats a gorgeous speedster John one of my favs. The interior is very cool too. A mate of mine in the UK just got qouted by 9M for one of their famous 993 speedster conversions. The speedster hardware alone came in at 32K NZD without the (very considerable) labour. Yikes.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

It's not a complete stretch for this
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

To turn it into a speedster? I guess if you had a lazy 50K+ to throw at a proper conversion window/hood...just buy a speedster. Mate of mine in NZ has a real, red 1993 964 Speedster in red tiptronic he would sell is someone is interested? It would be 6 figures (PM if of interest).
Attached Images    
Old 11-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Jake for you. Outlines standard wheel and brake options and production units etc.

http://www.turbo-look.de/964-en.php
Old 11-29-2014, 08:03 AM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:
Same BS every holiday period. In my youth I trusted the cops and thought the traffic police were the ****€rs. Then they merged the two and the cops have had a string of issues. I will actively discourage my boys trusting any interaction with them as they are not there to protect.

... remember your comment when you breakdown at 5pm on the harbour bridge or your kid goes missing or some nutter is at your door with an axe or knife - and deal with it yourself.
Despite all the crap, I still believe what they do is worthwhile - like the silent majority of the public.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sounds more like to me more like the bleeding heart liberals are taking over the country (well its been happening for a long time now lets face it!). If I lived there Id start an action group. I find it hard to just accept it as "it happens every holidays".
Id take them to task using data from Europe on 130kmph limit roads and overlay it with their lack of foresight to invest in decent inter city arterial infrastructure and how the draconian limits impact directly on the economy though lost transport efficiency & $$$ (goods and services) and turn their blatant revenue drive on its head.
By 2016 NZ's economy I believe will be quite lethargic. CHCH rebuild dollars and nett positive immigration numbers cant hold the tide forever. NZ faces massive competition on the milk solids front moving forward and the NZD dollar is unlikely to be supportive. Interest rates are rising and the economy lacks fundamentals and has been propped up by a perfect storm. Deflation (Europe, BRICS) is a global risk and could impact soft economies such as NZ significantly. Russia and Australia are full on investing to take Fonterras place in the market. The government will be implementing 4km speed threshold tolerances as permanent fixtures to generate income for their coffers. Im sure capital gains tax and death duties will be instated within the next decade to pay for the prior series of government's lack of foresight to make NZ a centre of excellence and invest in the necessary infrastructure. Instead weve paid too much focus to our primary industries when infact we are an increasingly small dot on the ocean and even our largest corporates dont have the influence they once did on the global commodities/soft perishables stage. Weve not invested in the creation of much intellectual property or tourism of recent times and we dont have minerals to prop us up. Once the Chinese own the farms and the forests we become worker ants.

Phew. Its was good to get that out! Ignore it all and let the programme resume...:-)
Old 11-29-2014, 01:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by andy928
Quote: Same BS every holiday period. In my youth I trusted the cops and thought the traffic police were the ****€rs. Then they merged the two and the cops have had a string of issues. I will actively discourage my boys trusting any interaction with them as they are not there to protect.

... remember your comment when you breakdown at 5pm on the harbour bridge or your kid goes missing or some nutter is at your door with an axe or knife - and deal with it yourself. Despite all the crap, I still believe what they do is worthwhile - like the silent majority of the public.
My point is that they have a job to do, but they are not 'brothers from another mother'. Broadly their role is to enforce laws and 'protect' society as a whole. From what I see, they pick up the pieces after the crime and try to stop the perp doing it to someone else. If there is a nutter at my door with an axe or knife I suspect I will have to deal with it at the time, by myself, as those three people did on Friday. However that type of crime is the rarity in this country, despite what the 6 O'Clock news would have us believe.

Most of what police do I absolutely consider worthwhile, as it protects society. Some I consider as bordering on pedantic, as is the case with the speed enforcement BS at holiday times. I don't see that as protecting society and it would appear that the Public reaction to their call is telling them just that. The silent majority has spoken.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca, change is the only constant.

It will be interesting to see how the milk solid competition plays out. The input cost of production on temperate farm land is relatively low, making a debt free farmer very comfortable, even at current prices. I think NZ will remain competitive, however recent prices have led to some land being burdened with debt and there will be a shakeout, but not until the overflowing 2014 wallets lighten up. I expect 2016 will be the pain point in farming, as will ChCh (same view as you there). Make hay while the sun shines (pun intended).

As an adjunct to the Police advice, I'm also telling my sons to be wary of debt in their lives. In my job I look at the higher risk end of lending portfolios and it's clear that over indebtedness is the biggest problem (alongside management skills).
Old 11-29-2014, 02:37 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Back to cars - in the end, demand for the RSG session on 13/12 was enough to make it a mostly Porsche affair. I have booked TWO normal sessions for the RSG 2k cup race cars as I know we will use them. Is there demand to take BB out as well, with semi track tyres?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:23 PM
O2GO
Drifting

At Wellsford. No traffic. 6 Porsches.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?