Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 01:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I wonder if there'd be enough around owned by people who will actually drive them in anger to organise some air cooled only runs. (No disrespect to the water cooled boys, just a bit of nastalgia)

JohnM
Sam
Pel
Doug - when Lola's fixed
Paul M
Macca - yes, when in the country
Dave - eventually when the Orange T is finished. What will you do with all that spare time Dave?
Some other blokes in 964s from the cars and coffee brigade.
Mark Hellier - pack leader :-D
Ralf
Razzo

Hmmmm..... This could be fun.
Mate Im more than in - at least until my relic sells LOL!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

...I think I am going to be very happy with the finish.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2014, 01:09 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Hey Paul, never cut short a good pump and dump!
Preaching to the converted - this is why I sold the 'Pontarosa' in Mt Eden.

4 Car garage and a house needing no reno's would have been quite nice about now. I could have eased the burden off JMc and filled it with Hondas
Old 11-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokes
Asked twice now Paul.. no mods, looking at a factory order 991 and pickup 2016. But still planning and very fluid. Plus all this talk on air-cools
Have no fear Steve. By 2016 the value of your 993 will no doubt cover your 991 purchase ;-)

Pete. Yeah the mexico blue is nice but I think the cayman shape favours a slightly less intense colour. A lighter shade or palette. Once the actual car breaks cover will be a time to think of it in more detail I guess. It must have 3.8L engine for me!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:13 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokes
Asked twice now Paul.. no mods, looking at a factory order 991 and pickup 2016. But still planning and very fluid. Plus all this talk on air-cools
Nice..............

Looks like I'd be the only one on the 2016 RSG tour not doing a factory pick-up.

You guys are too rich for me...............

I need to find some poorer mates.........
Old 11-30-2014, 01:15 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Have no fear Steve. By 2016 the value of your 993 will no doubt cover your 991 purchase ;-)

Pete. Yeah the mexico blue is nice but I think the cayman shape favours a slightly less intense colour. A lighter shade or palette. Once the actual car breaks cover will be a time to think of it in more detail I guess. It must have 3.8L engine for me!
Macca - will these be considered standard colours or are you venturing into paint to match territory?
Old 11-30-2014, 01:17 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

in M235i today. Spec, 8sp auto with paddles and also stick override, drive, sport and sport plus programs, 18" wheels and Michelin supersport, Drove a varied loop with a bit of everything. North up SH1 - quiet cruise, nice audio, plenty of turbo torque up the hill, no lag, fast shifting, in fact impressive engine makes the car feel fast with very good response.
then onto some bumpy and windy targa stage road that is tight and relatively slow but lots of acceleraton and brakes. suspension in sport to allow some compliance for bumps. plenty of acceleration and with 8sp lots of gear changing from 2, 3, 4 up and down. suspension controls the body well although there is a feeling of weight - not sure how much the car weighs but it feels more than I would have thought. Having said that there is plenty of power and the sport mode handled the bumps fine, no secondary bouncing but a little bit of traction control cutting in. Sport plus would have fixed that as the program is backed off but shocks then too stiff - ability to separate these 2 functions would be an advantage. Handling balance good with no noticeable balance bias at enthusiastic road pace.

Steering is light - probably too light and not much feel but this is a problem of most new cars now.

cabin quality average for this price and class of car.

Overall I liked the car, not a lot of space in the back seats but a good DD with plenty of pace M2 should be good and worth a look - haven't driven the M3/4 so can't compare that.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Nice..............

Looks like I'd be the only one on the 2016 RSG tour not doing a factory pick-up.

You guys are too rich for me...............

I need to find some poorer mates.........
Mate. I don't have any money. I'm just like you minus the $2+ mill house!

Heck Im having to flog my aircooled 993 just to fund up a Cayman purchase. Just a Cayman not a 991. If it sells tomorrow think of all that lost potential appreciation Im missing out on. This is why Im not rich!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:20 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Pete - your hand (and lip) will quiver over the spec sheet - and then waver to red over black??

The orange is quite nice??
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2014, 01:22 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
in M235i today. Spec, 8sp auto with paddles and also stick override, drive, sport and sport plus programs, 18" wheels and Michelin supersport, Drove a varied loop with a bit of everything. North up SH1 - quiet cruise, nice audio, plenty of turbo torque up the hill, no lag, fast shifting, in fact impressive engine makes the car feel fast with very good response.
then onto some bumpy and windy targa stage road that is tight and relatively slow but lots of acceleraton and brakes. suspension in sport to allow some compliance for bumps. plenty of acceleration and with 8sp lots of gear changing from 2, 3, 4 up and down. suspension controls the body well although there is a feeling of weight - not sure how much the car weighs but it feels more than I would have thought. Having said that there is plenty of power and the sport mode handled the bumps fine, no secondary bouncing but a little bit of traction control cutting in. Sport plus would have fixed that as the program is backed off but shocks then too stiff - ability to separate these 2 functions would be an advantage. Handling balance good with no noticeable balance bias at enthusiastic road pace.

Steering is light - probably too light and not much feel but this is a problem of most new cars now.

cabin quality average for this price and class of car.

Overall I liked the car, not a lot of space in the back seats but a good DD with plenty of pace M2 should be good and worth a look - haven't driven the M3/4 so can't compare that.
There is always this;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=779252234

I've been keeping an eye on this. A manual won't sell well in this category but I'd have it. Very sharp price because of that I would think.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:22 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Mate. I don't have any money. I'm just like you minus the $2+ mill house!

Heck Im having to flog my aircooled 993 just to fund up a Cayman purchase. Just a Cayman not a 991. If it sells tomorrow think of all that lost potential appreciation Im missing out on. This is why Im not rich!
Living the dream brother - that's what I love about you mate.....

What do you think a Cayman GT4 through your broker will cost if you placed an order for 2016?
Old 11-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Macca - will these be considered standard colours or are you venturing into paint to match territory?
Paul. Its easy to miss a post right now as we have added 10 pages today in the time since I listed my 993 for sale on TM.

I think my TM advert has increased traffic on this site LOL! Must be the excitement of the new market paradigm!

Yes. Pete and I are talking about colours that are PTS. No idea what the factory offerings will be but at the moment its widely recognised that Porsches 6-8 standard "low cost" paint options on their current model range are fairly staid and boring...
Old 11-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got permission from Annie to buy your car Macca. Only one proviso, need to be the lotto winner . Give me a few weeks and I will see if I can manage it.
I have no doubt it is worth it and you should get what it deserves but could be off shore.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:24 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

I like viper green too, and mexico blue,
Cayman boys take a look at this - probably get it to nz for low 70k?http://www.parr-uk.co.uk/sales/cayma...9-09-5618.html
Old 11-30-2014, 01:26 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

and its orange too haha

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?