Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
while your opening the wallet you may as well buy this too John and respray it http://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models...-773282190.htm
That seems good value for a 1/12th!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:51 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
while your opening the wallet you may as well buy this too John and respray it http://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models...-773282190.htm
There's hope for me that I can still own one.............
Old 08-28-2014, 04:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

[/YT]
Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Speaking from experience, I would agree with John. $1K is a cheap day, half is taken in gas and entry fees.
I think John was leaving the top end rebuild out of the equation as over 19 sessions I think that would have pretty much dusted the $1000k gross costs a day calc!

If working on basis of 8 days per set of tyres ($1800), fuel, entry, maintenance and consumables (pads, oil, discs) then the $1000 probably is plenty enough but Im sure it doesn't cover Fuchs and ducktails etc?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

There's hope for me that I can still own one.............
Its easy dude. Send the kids to state schools and you are home and hosed LOL!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Speaking from experience, I would agree with John. $1K is a cheap day, half is taken in gas and entry fees.
I entered Porsche figures into my BB spreadsheet. Herman costs $765 per Playday (7 sessions), if he doesn't have a heavy use breakdown.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:01 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Its easy dude. Send the kids to state schools and you are home and hosed LOL!
Yeah, but you have to pay a $500k premium to live in triple Grammar zone.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I entered Porsche figures into my BB spreadsheet. Herman costs $765 per Playday (7 sessions), if he doesn't have a heavy use breakdown.
What do you mean by 'if' - it's Russian Roulette - spin the barrel enough times and your number eventually comes up...........

You are zero rating the cost of mod's and upgrades to get that sub 1.20 too. Err - maybe they sit on another spreadsheet??

Assuming the upgrades owe you $30K, divided by 19, you are taking at circa $2,300 a time.........
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah, but you have to pay a $500k premium to live in triple Grammar zone.
You get it back and some when you sell. That's how-come eastern suburbs are such good value compared to a house on mountain road! Schools there are average so you pay it back in "private school tax". Save on one hand pay on the other. Maybe the GMZ is better investment, save teh fees AND get cap gain!

Anyway. What's wrong with Avondale Grammer!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

[/YT] I think John was leaving the top end rebuild out of the equation as over 19 sessions I think that would have pretty much dusted the $1000k gross costs a day calc! If working on basis of 8 days per set of tyres ($1800), fuel, entry, maintenance and consumables (pads, oil, discs) then the $1000 probably is plenty enough but Im sure it doesn't cover Fuchs and ducktails etc?
I know to the $ how much I've spent on cars and it is truly scary, as is the house. However, visiting my parents who are in their 70s puts it in perspective. There's a limited time in life to indulge and it's not later in life. People notice the last years spending but they don't necessarily see the previous 17 years of saving to be in that position.

Paul, buy the model, the Turbo 3.6 is not for you. You'd be scared to drive it.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I know to the $ how much I've spent on cars and it is truly scary, as is the house. However, visiting my parents who are in their 70s puts it in perspective. There's a limited time in life to indulge and it's not later in life. People notice the last years spending but they don't necessarily see the previous 17 years of saving to be in that position.

Well said John. Carpe Diem (amazing I have latin AND a free education!)
Old 08-28-2014, 05:15 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Yeah - just like I was scared to take the 993 to the track................

I can't afford the model, never mind the real deal. Just make sure you keep my drool tray for when I visit your house
Old 08-28-2014, 05:17 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Jeezz everyone prolific tonight.

been to the opening of the new Racetech factory after they had a fire at the old one. Its been open a while but just the formal bit.. Murph was there with a nice speech - he does that stuff well.
He bought my first Kart for me many years ago. Had a good chat.

Hahah Macca I had the gearbox and motor out. So gearbox gets new selector fork, syncros, and one gear cog. Since engine out decided to open it up an look, needed a main bearing - not real bad and would have lasted a while longer as dry sump is pretty good but just showing signs of wear, crack tested crank and at that stage may as well freshen so that it doesn't need to be touched for another few years, then thought may as well chuck in some hotter cams (current standard).

Bad thing having a shell looking at you a bit untidy so thought bugger it - so there it is in Riviera and Orange. So 1 week to reassemble, and a few days to run in and tune it.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

You get it back and some when you sell. That's how-come eastern suburbs are such good value compared to a house on mountain road! Schools there are average so you pay it back in "private school tax". Save on one hand pay on the other. Maybe the GMZ is better investment, save teh fees AND get cap gain!

Anyway. What's wrong with Avondale Grammer!
They can't spell Grammar...........

(My spelling is bad enough, my kid's need all the help they can get)
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Come on Paul You know what John is saying. Hes not saying you would be scared of DRIVING it on the track just that given your self confessed hanging up of the 993 gloves on the basis of wear/tear and stone chips and new your uno appointed status as "bonnet polisher brigade member". An appreciating Relic worth as much as very nice 997.2 GT3 just wound work for you in reality (even tho you dream it would). Just keeping you honest mate that's all ;-)

Yes Graeme. Chatty bunch here tonight. May even crack a smile out of one of them soon if we carry this on ha ha.

Great update to the Fraser. Was going to point out that wasnt Gulf blue but you knew that already. Good body for going with a Porsche colour tho. I think its looks a little but more individual the way you done it actually. Im pretty sure your Frazer bills run no where near teh cost of 911 bills so I trust you havent been too financially savaged by the experience and will hopefully have it all ship shape and bristol for the 12th...
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

What do you mean by 'if' - it's Russian Roulette - spin the barrel enough times and your number eventually comes up........... You are zero rating the cost of mod's and upgrades to get that sub 1.20 too. Err - maybe they sit on another spreadsheet?? Assuming the upgrades owe you $30K, divided by 19, you are taking at circa $2,300 a time.........
Yes, and I think the RSG are proof of the way the wheel spins. Right now I'm spinning the wheel a lot less. Much of what I've spent is paying maintenance forward. Use it less agressively and it will last longer. I'm planning to have these cars for a long time.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?