Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013 | 10:24 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Jon. I bought this from ebay.com or design911.co.uk or somewhere like that (cant recall exactly). Like most things, not available locally thou I wouldn't think....
Old 03-18-2013 | 12:32 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Jon, I'm starting to build a number of resources for 964s. Books, electronic manuals, tools etc. Feel free to ask in need.
Old 03-18-2013 | 12:33 AM
NZ 911
Advanced

Have taken the plunge and booked for Rennsport. Landing in Sydney Friday afternoon and departing (unfortunately but need to be back home Monday) Sunday night.

Haven't booked anywhere to stay yet. There are a few suggestions on the Rennsport site. I have only ever stayed in the city so can't choose based on experience. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions?

Let me know if you are going and I will try and co ordinate something.
Old 03-18-2013 | 04:03 AM
jsivvy
Intermediate

Cheers John. May be worth a neighbourly drink sometime to discuss! Understand you're working in Indo from looking at old post? I came to NZ from 7 years in Singapore, and spent far too much time in Jakarta - miss it at times.
Just spent the evening digging around under the bonnet trying to solve my flooding problem, wow, little room to operate but 'think' may have sorted it out.
Old 03-18-2013 | 04:19 AM
cbnz
Instructor

I have PZero's on the front of my 993 and PZero Rosso's on the rear. The rears need replacing soon. The price seems crazy here compared to someone like TireRack, is it worth the bother importing tyres, or just too hard? I have imported all my parts from either the US or UK for vastly cheaper prices. The fronts have a lot of tread left. I can't really find out if PZero's or PZero Rosso's are "better", though the PZeros seem to be dearer and would lean towards a new rear set of PZero's to match the fronts. Can someone chime in? Cheers, Craig.
Old 03-18-2013 | 06:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

These Lesbots are hot to trott tonight!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2013 | 04:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsivvy
Cheers John. May be worth a neighbourly drink sometime to discuss! Understand you're working in Indo from looking at old post? I came to NZ from 7 years in Singapore, and spent far too much time in Jakarta - miss it at times.
Just spent the evening digging around under the bonnet trying to solve my flooding problem, wow, little room to operate but 'think' may have sorted it out.
Absolutely, however I’ll wait until I’ve wrestled the oil pipe into my C4. I wasn’t in a sociable mood last night during my first failed attempt.

My house is the one with the 996TT on the parking pad.

As for Jakarta, yes I was there until late last year. I’ve repatriated to a more balanced life. I’m now ticking off my ‘bucket’ list and playing with cars is high up on that list after being driven for four years in traffic jams.
Old 03-18-2013 | 04:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbnz
I have PZero's on the front of my 993 and PZero Rosso's on the rear. The rears need replacing soon. The price seems crazy here compared to someone like TireRack, is it worth the bother importing tyres, or just too hard? I have imported all my parts from either the US or UK for vastly cheaper prices. The fronts have a lot of tread left. I can't really find out if PZero's or PZero Rosso's are "better", though the PZeros seem to be dearer and would lean towards a new rear set of PZero's to match the fronts. Can someone chime in? Cheers, Craig.
Craig, absolutely it’s worth it. You’ll save about 40%. Count on freight being NZD 450 ~ 500. The rest is made up of the purchase price and GST. I sourced 10 tyres from Design 911 in the UK. Four for a car that I know will do little distance and six for a car that I’m using as a DD. I bought two fronts and four rears for the DD. That way I know I’m covered for about 25,000km and will always have matching tyres. The only other thing to remember is that Fedex will need your Customs number. If you don’t have one, then they will send you a form to fill out and submit. The number is good for two years, if not used again. Once you have the tyres, then you need to get them fitted. That cost $120 from a crowd in Newmarket. Check my earlier posts for more details. Cheers John
Old 03-18-2013 | 05:27 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Hey folks

A new purchaser here in Taupo!

2005 C2S 997.1 with aero kit, arctic silver with heaps of options!
Attachment 712515

Last edited by floatingkiwi; 04-12-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2013 | 05:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Welcome floatingKiwi. Looks great!
Old 03-18-2013 | 08:56 PM
PHG
Racer

Macca, you in Vanuatu?
good friends of mine just brought land there off charles Brown, say hello to charles from Phil Gilbert, if you see him..also alistair campbell if he is still there
Old 03-18-2013 | 09:10 PM
PHG
Racer

Default picture of my wee girl

Name:  DSC03142.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  339.0 KB
Old 03-18-2013 | 09:14 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbnz
John's advice is sound. the only hassle is dealing with FedEx for the first time if you need a new account - otherwise no hassle at all from reputable suppliers like Tirerack or Design911. Tirerack had restrictions on exporting many brands but Pirelli and Michelin were OK last time I checked.
Old 03-18-2013 | 09:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
John's advice is sound. the only hassle is dealing with FedEx for the first time if you need a new account - otherwise no hassle at all from reputable suppliers like Tirerack or Design911. Tirerack had restrictions on exporting many brands but Pirelli and Michelin were OK last time I checked.
BTW: the freight cost I used was for four tyres. Two tyres wouldn't necessarily be half, but would be less. The reason I deal with Design911 is that they don't seem to have any issue with freighting to NZ and I can put Porsche parts in with each order
Old 03-18-2013 | 09:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Very nice. It looks a grade or two above mine in condition. I'll look out for you on the road.

No single pics on this computer to share, but you can see your car's brother in the middle of my three. Acknowledgment on the road is not obligatory, but I'll wave if I see you.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?