Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
So... the 7th
Parimar is on HW18, as outlined in pink on the attached. As you drive onto HW from Quay St, veer to your right, you will see acorrugated fence with a keypad. Enter the code 40200 and then the arrow, the barrier arm will lift, and drive onto the wharf.. same code for the security gate.
What time gentlefolk..4.00 or thereabouts, or a bit earlier. I am relaxed[/ATTACH]
Geez Phil. Swish berth. Makes the cost of running and old 911 look reasonable ;-).

4 is good here....
Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul. We are all bringing girls! Good point tho - better let us know what to bring food/drink wise Phil...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I provide the venue, Paul, you provide what you feel you need, and are prepared to share..!
If it goes according to the usual schedule, I'll get happy..offer a reasonable wine to share, then get happier, ossher to sare an better one, then tell your wife she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, then dragged by my ear to the galley by my good lady for a 'talking to'...
Seriously..if all bring something to nibble on then the effort required is minimal until the argument over what we want on the Pizzas starts...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:50 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul. We are all bringing girls! Good point tho - better let us know what to bring food/drink wise Phil...
Who's bringing girls...? I have a nasty feeling that Paul and Macca may not be speaking quite the same language
Old 08-13-2014, 05:56 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Who's bringing girls...? I have a nasty feeling that Paul and Macca may not be speaking quite the same language
I had these ones in mind. Can't speak for Macca?
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Our "wives" Pete of course....get your mind out of the gutter ;-)

John. Just pulling your chain mate. This place wouldn't be the same without you and Id be real lonely....not only that but its like Oprah's couch this place and a good place to brainstorm the things we cant talk to other people about (gratuitous Porsche stuff). As you were, continue transmission...
Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 AM
PHG
Racer

Its a BYO, Macca.. no Vanuatu local Kava please..We will order in a main snack after watching the Epic, and boring the girls, so ..whatever really
Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I had these ones in mind. Can't speak for Macca?
Mate. They have grown! The youngest wasn't even born when we met Jenni & yourself at the Porsche Parade in 2012!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
Haha. I spend my days reading endless pages of docs. Rennlist is my micro pause.

Truth is I no longer see the point in mid 1.19. With Lola out of action for awhile and the hard nuts running sub 1.16 I've got no-one to dance with. Back off a few seconds and there's a group to play with and Herman is not so stressed at that pace. The Turbo 3.6 is eventually going offshore but I'm going to enjoy it a while longer before that happens. As for the 996TT, engine mounts, spoiler alert and now a loose rear light...the fun never stops there. Right now it's my DD. It gets me to work in comfort. Good for Winter.
As you know John, Herman is as developed as much as needed, and the extra 3/10ths is somewhere in you. .if you do that in BB or a 944, what does it matter. I think most would agree your driving is very sound and improving all the time... keep uphe Rennlist chatter.you are vital
Old 08-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Looking for a recommendation for glass panels for my 84 911 targa car.

I need;
new front guards,(no light buckets in current ones)
New bonnet( broken)
New bumpers, (damaged) might go narrow body IROC.

Was thinking gettydesign. Anyone got any recommendations for fit or finish?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Its a BYO, Macca.. no Vanuatu local Kava please..We will order in a main snack after watching the Epic, and boring the girls, so ..whatever really
"THE SOUTHERN JOB" you mean?

Hope you have another screen on board for the wives and kids Phil?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 AM
PHG
Racer

"THE SOUTHERN JOB" you mean?

Hope you have another screen on board for the wives and kids Phil?
At the risk of sounding pretentious... yes, I have another boat next door with TV etc for those who wish to view something more cerebral..
Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
......the extra 3/10ths is somewhere in you. .if you do that in BB or a 944, what does it matter.....

Its got to go in the RSG book of yoda sayings bud! In good company with "....Im only going to take it 7/10ths out there this weekend...."

or

the shortest of all the single dot "." which a RSG member used to sign his posts off with which our ageing eyes all thought looked like a fly crap on the screens of our PCs and we tried to rub them out (not a good look on Windows 8 with touch screen!). Its drove us all so nutty someone broke and had to tell him..straight up....

Good work for a Wednesday evening :-)
Old 08-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Haha. I spend my days reading endless pages of docs. Rennlist is my micro pause.

Truth is I no longer see the point in mid 1.19. With Lola out of action for awhile and the hard nuts running sub 1.16 I've got no-one to dance with. Back off a few seconds and there's a group to play with and Herman is not so stressed at that pace. The Turbo 3.6 is eventually going offshore but I'm going to enjoy it a while longer before that happens. As for the 996TT, engine mounts, spoiler alert and now a loose rear light...the fun never stops there. Right now it's my DD. It gets me to work in comfort. Good for Winter.
You got it John. Setting a cracking time is good to have under your belt but low stress circulating is also worthwhile. Fine tune the heel and toe, oversteer practise in the slow corners, lines and smoothness etc. The only thing that short shifting and keeping off the redline affects is that number on the gizmo box because we aren't doing this for prize money or trophies. I can say that because I'm not very competitive but others are different and I appreciate that. I tend to enjoy a smooth well driven momentum based lap than a brutal assault at a time.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:56 AM
PHG
Racer

Paul, I will of course be bringing the fastest Porsche driving Staffy in the West, which will keep your kids amusedName:  Blitz porsche driver.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  151.9 KB

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?