Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think a few of us shared that dream with you Paul. Closest I've got is nature giving me a chest wig and a neighbor offering me two doberman pups called Apollo & Zeus last year! I reckon John is as tall as Sellek & may have sported a tash in his distant Pacific banker past and Im sure Peter has a floral shirt in the wardrobe from his last fancy dress party. If you win the lotto and make good on your Baily inspired dream we will between us help you re inact an entire episode of Magnum P.I. (with a little advance warning for organizing hair perms and the procurement of white linen pants)....heck I can even find the perfect island location for you...LOL
Old 03-11-2013, 04:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

As peter says, looks like there are a good stock of 355s for sale currently (6!) and this one is arguably the best if you dont mind making a concession to drop top and paddle clutch....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-536481838.htm
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
As peter says, looks like there are a good stock of 355s for sale currently (6!) and this one is arguably the best if you dont mind making a concession to drop top and paddle clutch....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-536481838.htm
355's are weapons. They are actually fast (unlike a 328).

I'd never take one to the track though, I'd reckon they would be fragile. I race against a 308 GT4 in the classic trails, the car is well sorted and as quick as me in a straight line. Doesn't brake or go around a corner as well.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 12-05-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Paul, Phil here. Glad you enjoyed the spin in my car, and thanks for the link to this forum
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Hey Paul, Phil here. Glad you enjoyed the spin in my car, and thanks for the link to this forum
Happy to help out with 'track development' any time. cheers Paul.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
mjg
Pro

Welcome Phil, hope to meet you at a track day soon.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 AM
NZ 911
Advanced

On a slightly different note..... anyone going to Rennsport Australia?
http://www.rennsportaustralia.com.au/

I am very tempted.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 AM
PHG
Racer

undoubtedly..becoming an addict far too quickly
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ 911
On a slightly different note..... anyone going to Rennsport Australia?
http://www.rennsportaustralia.com.au/.
I am very tempted. If a crew wanted to go over for a weekend, you could count me in. I probably wouldn't be motivated enough to just go by myself.

It will be an amazing opportunity to see Aussies best cars on display.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I could be very tempted as well. I was invited by an Aussie rennlister earlier in the year but like Paul, figured it would be something I wouldn't get around to on my own. If someone wishes to organise then put me down as interested. I'm sure the wife would enjoy a spot of shopping or catching up with friends...
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Hows the C4 looking now? Did you manage to get the oil pipe you needed to repair the leak? Jack stands?

I have a new factory 964/993 jack in bag and set of factory wheel locking nuts in storage if those are on your list. Also a set of 964 OEM engine bay and door jam decals (hard to find) and a new piece of 964 trim that goes between the front bumper and bonnet lid (black strip of hard plastic/rubber). Been racking my brains to determine what other 964 parts I may have stashed away but apart from interior trim pieces Im not sure on compatibility between 993 & 964. I know I have a set of shock collars for those Bilsteins should you ever need them (unlikely). My 993 H&R springs are the wrong part number for 964....
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Hows the C4 looking now? Did you manage to get the oil pipe you needed to repair the leak? Jack stands?

I have a new factory 964/993 jack in bag and set of factory wheel locking nuts in storage if those are on your list. Also a set of 964 OEM engine bay and door jam decals (hard to find) and a new piece of 964 trim that goes between the front bumper and bonnet lid (black strip of hard plastic/rubber). Been racking my brains to determine what other 964 parts I may have stashed away but apart from interior trim pieces Im not sure on compatibility between 993 & 964. I know I have a set of shock collars for those Bilsteins should you ever need them (unlikely). My 993 H&R springs are the wrong part number for 964....
Macca,

The C4 is immobile in the garage. I’ve ordered four hoses for that area, but will fit just the broken one at this stage. They are slated to arrive next Monday.

In the meantime, I’ve played around with Scantool on both the C4 and Turbo 3.6. No errors of note, just three non fatal ones on the C4 CCU unit. I’ve cleared them and will see what comes up when it’s running again. Obviously I can’t do an Adaptation until the car is running so the OBD has been put away for the meantime.

Tonight, I’ll be degreasing the area and cleaning the floor so I can move the car into a more accessible area in the garage.

Arriving soon are Red Carerra side decals and new brake ducts for the front bumper. One Techart unit is broken and I want to delete the fogs as one is pointing skyward, leading to a WOF fail.

I have various other pieces of trim, but not the bumper strip. We could work out something on that. I have a spare for the Turbo, but they are obviously different shapes.

In terms of jack pads, I’ve ordered one that fits on the hydraulic jack, but am no further ahead on the jack stands. One thought is to fit Ice Hockey Pucks to the tops of the standard ones. An extra normal jack is a thought as well. What’s the damage?

I’m also about to get my Trade me purchases. A second hand CAT and Primary muffler, plus a Hydraulic accumulator and Hydraulic Pressure Switch. I’m starting to wonder whether the bypass will fit on the Turbo. That would be a mean noise.

Has anyone sourced custom spray cans from Colour Works in Penrose? I’m looking to source GP White for the Brake Ducts, Silver and Clear for German alloy wheels and possibly match the Decal Red for wheel centers.

It’s going to be a real push to get everything done before Good Friday, and to be honest I’m I’m getting car fatigue so am not going to not going to stress myself FYI Wheelfixit just did two wheels on the GTI and one on the 996TT, and the 996TT goes into Motorscience on Friday to have a new reverse light switch fitted. I need time to enjoy the machines rather than have my hands in my pockets every five minutes.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. fair call. I understand how it is to get overdosed on this stuff.

I paid $100 for the new lightweight factory jack and $30 for the new front trim piece on TM some years ago so that's all I would want for them. I have no idea what they would cost to replace via Porsche but I suspect the lightweight jack would be $250-300! I wouldn't use it work under however. Its just designed for changing tyres but is made of alloy and weighs almost nothing. Just let me know when Im in country and if interested I can give to Scott when I give him his stuff.

If you can wait for jack stands till Wed you are welcome to borrow mine. I have no use for them currently as I'm resigned to using CCS's 80k flush floor lift for now LOL!

I also have the one I use for my hydraulic race jack if yours doent arrive in time. Its effetively a billet alloy puck which slots into the recessed jacking points on the car.

The bypass could work well on the 996T. The turbos are very muted in factory form and this would give it some voice.

If the C4 isnt ready by 29th you always have the 996TT as a fallback plan.

My Heigo half cage is still being fabricated in Germany so I have no car projects when I get back, just driving. Hoping the weather holds together in NZ as Im in desperate need of some relief. Been 34 here for the last week and 90%....
Old 03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I'll take the Jack and bumper strip. Yes, 996TT is a good fallback plan.

I feel your pain on the weather front. I hated March in Vila with a passion, just think of JulyAugust to come. I once charted temps. It drop quite quickly in May, just as it does in Auckland. In fact I noted that there is a strong temp correlation between Auckland and Vila, just forget what the differential was.

BTW: Scott has bought a bach so is a possible for 29 March, not a probable.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

No problems.

Its been bearable (even quite nice) up until mid Feb. There does indeed appear (from our casual observation)to be be a strong correlation in general weather patterns between AKLD and PV. Its funny as we thought we were the only ones that noticed (not many from Auckland living here...).

As long as its dry in Auckland and above 24 I wont be complaining....

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?