Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Black Beauty ran seven sessions today (Peter x 3, Chris x 2, Neil x1 and Me x 1)

Pete went out first on a wet track with an forgettable time, then zoned in with the next two in the dry to score a 1.28.04.

This led Chris to better it by 0.08 seconds for our fastest time yet at 1.27.94.

Neil had a twitchy moment on Turn 1 but brought BB back to the Pits in one piece.

Unfortunately for me, in my third lap the brake light came on. Front pads are gone. They lasted 17 sessions. Tyres are fine.

Tony saw the fun being had and subscribed. We now have 15 co-owners. Thanks to Chris B for the use of his garage. BB needs new pads before she runs again. We have spare Repco ones at a pinch but I think we need to stick with the EBC.

All in all a great day. It certainly proves you don't need to spend a lot to have fun.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Mine is 860mm long

The goods have to be at Mainfreight's depot in the USA by the 11th August. If you order from tirerack within the next couple of days you will be fine.
John - thanks for the BB update. Looks like these endro boys are getting faster........

Doug - might have to get you to hold my hand :-)
Old 08-02-2014, 01:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
John - thanks for the BB update. Looks like these endro boys are getting faster........ Doug - might have to get you to hold my hand :-)
We have Dinner guests so the traces will have to wait until later, but yes it will be hard to better those times. Not sure how much more she has to give.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:19 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Pic
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^^^^^ going so fast you turned the world upside-down.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work guys! Looking nice and tight between 1.29 and 1.30 something - obviously not alot on it...!

John. id like to sell my place to the next person wanting to become a BB part owner. If there is anyone else wishing to join could you sell my spot please?

I'm facing the reality that I will unlikely never get to drive the car, let alone get a few sessions in it so as much as my enthusiasm had me in on it I have to admit defeat in this instance.....occasionally my eyes get too big for my stomach!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Black Beauty ran seven sessions today (Peter x 3, Chris x 2, Neil x1 and Me x 1)

Pete went out first on a wet track with an forgettable time, then zoned in with the next two in the dry to score a 1.28.04.

This led Chris to better it by 0.08 seconds for our fastest time yet at 1.27.94.

Neil had a twitchy moment on Turn 1 but brought BB back to the Pits in one piece.

Unfortunately for me, in my third lap the brake light came on. Front pads are gone. They lasted 17 sessions. Tyres are fine.

Tony saw the fun being had and subscribed. We now have 15 co-owners. Thanks to Chris B for the use of his garage. BB needs new pads before she runs again. We have spare Repco ones at a pinch but I think we need to stick with the EBC.

All in all a great day. It certainly proves you don't need to spend a lot to have fun.
Good work boys. A fast time to chase.
The EBC's didn't go as long as i thought but that's probably 120 laps?
The EBC yellow aren't bad value at under $200 per axle so we should stick with these, for parity at least. Brake fluid and tyres have done well.
Probably should look at the oil at some stage and it's just water in the rad, no antifreeze but the cooling doesn't seem to be an issue.
I Hope you boys treated her real nice.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Great work guys! Looking nice and tight between 1.29 and 1.30 something - obviously not alot on it...! John. id like to sell my place to the next person wanting to become a BB part owner. If there is anyone else wishing to join could you sell my spot please? I'm facing the reality that I will unlikely never get to drive the car, let alone get a few sessions in it so as much as my enthusiasm had me in on it I have to admit defeat in this instance.....occasionally my eyes get too big for my stomach!
Fair call Macca, why don't we just substitute Tony for you? We may get her to Taupo, but that's a long shot.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:52 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Good work boys. A fast time to chase. The EBC's didn't go as long as i thought but that's probably 120 laps? The EBC yellow aren't bad value at under $200 per axle so we should stick with these, for parity at least. Brake fluid and tyres have done well. Probably should look at the oil at some stage and it's just water in the rad, no antifreeze but the cooling doesn't seem to be an issue. I Hope you boys treated her real nice.
Dave, BB was treated the same as the other 10 sessions I.e. run hard, but she seems to be holding up. She's certainly provoking wide grins in the drivers. The tyres will need to be rotated side to side (we changed the right side tyres over to get rid of a flat spotted front), but the lefts are taking more of the beating. Otherwise she seems fine. It's a real relief to just drop her back in the garage afterwards

Gents, today's sessions were $30 each. $20 for the Playday fee and $10 for petrol. Pay into the RSG account. Pete, that will be a net credit to me of $110 and $40 to Chris (he paid for Petrol).
Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Mine is 860mm long
Nice one. Thanks Doug

Was having lunch in Devonport today and saw a Slate Grey C2 tipo. The reflector came to about 7 iphone lengths. If its owned by anyone here It was very considerate of you to stop by so I could confirm the length Oh, and nice car by the by
Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, the vid was entertaining,looked good on the big screen and made me want to be at highlands on a day like that. What is the consensus of that track? Does it have good flow and some fun aspects, seems there are no elevation changes which make HD so much better.

Wow. 1.27 for bb was a surprise, it is getting more entertaining than f1!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:02 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have Dinner guests so the traces will have to wait until later, but yes it will be hard to better those times. Not sure how much more she has to give.
She has more to give

I suspect that when those guys who have only done 1 session get out for a second their times will drop. I'd guess there's a low 27 in it driven Yoda-style
Old 08-02-2014, 02:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
John, the vid was entertaining,looked good on the big screen and made me want to be at highlands on a day like that. What is the consensus of that track? Does it have good flow and some fun aspects, seems there are no elevation changes which make HD so much better. Wow. 1.27 for bb was a surprise, it is getting more entertaining than f1!
Thanks Sam. The copyright police would mute my full video as full songs feature. That can wait until a RSG night for showing. I just wanted to share a bit of it, even if it's not overly representative of the finished product.

Overall, I still prefer the older tracks to Highlands. It's really a track for powerful cars who can exploit its length, about double that of HD.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Dave, BB was treated the same as the other 10 sessions I.e. run hard, but she seems to be holding up. She's certainly provoking wide grins in the drivers. The tyres will need to be rotated side to side (we changed the right side tyres over to get rid of a flat spotted front), but the lefts are taking more of the beating. Otherwise she seems fine. It's a real relief to just drop her back in the garage afterwards Gents, today's sessions were $30 each. $20 for the Playday fee and $10 for petrol. Pay into the RSG account. Pete, that will be a net credit to me of $110 and $40 to Chris (he paid for Petrol).
Poor maths on my part. The net credit to Chris is $10.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:41 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Macca,

It's only an inch away from Carrera details - has the wheels and spoiler tips.

I think your car looks more classy.

OK - starting to like the front wheels vents - but the Turbo body rear haunches need some more time with my eyes.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?