Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:03 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Pete, I've just forwarded Graeme's email with all the details to you.
Thanks Doug

Originally Posted by Macca
Good work Pete. Congrats!

Good choice on wheels and tyres by the way. Great value too!
Ta - the combination was too good to pass up. Black 19" Ultraleggera's are my pick at the moment (Doug knows about red cars and black wheels!) and you were right - if importing nothing matches the MPSS for quality/value.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:11 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I just spoke to Rob - All RSG guys shipping to AKL should make sure that you are identified as one group and keep Rob informed and he will do his best to get a deal to AKL

Doug you will get charged gst on the shipping charge too but still minor in the scheme of things
Old 07-28-2014, 05:12 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry also correct no extra charge for shipping of wheels if tyres mounted
Old 07-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

^^^^^
Well done pete, great result. What did you get from the experience and what do you think it taught you about your car and your driving. Very different as an experience compared to our short 15 min stints with RSG.
Am keen to get involved in the new year.
See you soon
Cheers Neil
Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
There's a similar manoeuvre with a 964 Turbo in a B grade movie. I forget the name of it.
Made me think of this site... one we should all have bookmarked when needed! http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-P...911+Turbo.html

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Got the wrap up e-mail from the Enduro series today - stoked to find out that we managed 4th overall (all classes) for the series!! I guess there were not that many that entered all 3 rounds :\
CONGRATULATIONS. Gotta play (and endure!) to win. Nice work...
Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Made me think of this site... one we should all have bookmarked when needed! http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-P...911+Turbo.html CONGRATULATIONS. Gotta play (and endure!) to win. Nice work...
Thanks. It was Bait. 54 seconds from the start.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Doug, here's the best chance you will have to get Esco flat axle stands in at a reasonable cost.
I'm looking at getting a set as well. I'm going to call Patch Rubber (local Esco supplier) today to see what they can do first
Old 07-28-2014, 05:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I'm looking at getting a set as well. I'm going to call Patch Rubber (local Esco supplier) today to see what they can do first
Too late for me, I pulled the trigger on a set of 4 from Pelican Parts. Of all the things that give me the $hit$ on these cars it is jacking them up. A stable pad to hold the car up is worth the cost. I'm also going to manufacture some wooden blocks to act as a short ramp and a fail safe.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Too late for me, I pulled the trigger on a set of 4 from Pelican Parts. Of all the things that give me the $hit$ on these cars it is jacking them up. A stable pad to hold the car up is worth the cost. I'm also going to manufacture some wooden blocks to act as a short ramp and a fail safe.
Oh, bugger. Yes not the cheapest option but how much of a price can you put on your head?!

I've got some other stands i can use as backup. Spare wheels, etc are a good idea too.

I rang Patch Rubber. $75 inc gst each to Henderson, 8-10 weeks or so for delivery. Guy didn't know about them but is going to bring in a number. He said he wants some for his F-car.

$US61 free shipping CONUS from JB tool sales. Cheapest I could find. Website says they have 49 in stock. Obviously they will arrive when the container does.

Incidentally, shout out to Graeme for the heads up on the Marsden Rowing CLub deal
Old 07-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh, bugger. Yes not the cheapest option but how much of a price can you put on your head?!

I've got some other stands i can use as backup. Spare wheels, etc are a good idea too.

I rang Patch Rubber. $75 inc gst each to Henderson, 8-10 weeks or so for delivery. Guy didn't know about them but is going to bring in a number. He said he wants some for his F-car.

$US61 free shipping CONUS from JB tool sales. Cheapest I could find. Website says they have 49 in stock. Obviously they will arrive when the container does.

Incidentally, shout out to Graeme for the heads up on the Marsden Rowing CLub deal
Sam if you are going to order them locally from patch Rubber I may be interested. let me have their details. Could be something to hold in the shed till later...
Old 07-28-2014, 05:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Just got my update. Shipped today. Package weight 25.2 pounds.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:09 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Sam if you are going to order them locally from patch Rubber I may be interested. let me have their details. Could be something to hold in the shed till later...
+64 9 837 2481, Bloke I spoke to was named Ian. I can't see myself needing them before their next shipment so I will order some. Macca, if you want a set let me know and i'll try to have them order enough. I believe they are putting an order through today/tomorrow

Just got my update. Shipped today. Package weight 25.2 pounds.
Did you only buy 2?

There's something in this group shipping. I can't see that we would have the volume to be economic on a regular basis but has anyone looked into the costs of container consolidations? I know some shipping/moving companies offer this but I would be curious to know what the costs are.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

+64 9 837 2481, Bloke I spoke to was named Ian. I can't see myself needing them before their next shipment so I will order some. Macca, if you want a set let me know and i'll try to have them order enough. I believe they are putting an order through today/tomorrow Did you only buy 2? There's something in this group shipping. I can't see that we would have the volume to be economic on a regular basis but has anyone looked into the costs of container consolidations? I know some shipping/moving companies offer this but I would be curious to know what the costs are.
No, I bought 4. It states two packages so must be 25 pounds each.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

+64 9 837 2481, Bloke I spoke to was named Ian. I can't see myself needing them before their next shipment so I will order some. Macca, if you want a set let me know and i'll try to have them order enough. I believe they are putting an order through today/tomorrow

Did you only buy 2?

There's something in this group shipping. I can't see that we would have the volume to be economic on a regular basis but has anyone looked into the costs of container consolidations? I know some shipping/moving companies offer this but I would be curious to know what the costs are.
Hi Sam. That would be good. Tell them to add 4 to their order...thanks...
Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Macca. I just spoke to Ian @ Patch Rubber again. He is going to confirm pricing and delivery by email shortly.

I also asked that if there is enough NZ interested would he consider a group buy. He was open to the idea and understood how these thing work as a member of the Ferrari club. Sooo....

If anyone else is seriously interested let me know and we may get a discounted rate if there's enough of us

Here is some more info http://www.esco.net/tire-changing-eq...productid=204&

The Esco flat top is very popular with the 993 crowd https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...p-a-993-a.html. There was a group buy last year and they sold 100's of them in a few weeks it was on so you can see its a well regarded product

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?