Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 09:22 PM
bajanga
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralpheickhof
I tend to think there was something wrong with my PCM to begin with. It is going to be 1k+ flat rate to repair. Not many places in the US that repair PCM's. I don't see any other options.

I should say that I found ISUDAR pretty fair and we went over everything. The time difference was the only difficulty.
@ralpheickhof I'm having a similar problem: PCM screen has gone black after removing an aftermarket CarPlay unit. Stereo still works, buttons on PCM work, seeing display in the instrument cluster, but the PCM screen is black. I've checked and re-checked the ribbon cables several times (I am using Amazon cables without the little hooks) and they appear to be seated correctly. Was there ever a "this-was-the-solution" from the shop that repaired your unit? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2022, 11:44 PM
DrJet
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bajanga
@ralpheickhof I'm having a similar problem: PCM screen has gone black after removing an aftermarket CarPlay unit. Stereo still works, buttons on PCM work, seeing display in the instrument cluster, but the PCM screen is black. I've checked and re-checked the ribbon cables several times (I am using Amazon cables without the little hooks) and they appear to be seated correctly. Was there ever a "this-was-the-solution" from the shop that repaired your unit? Thanks!
I had a similar experience long time ago. One installation video posted at almost top of the thread had a wrong direction for the small ribbon. I'm not sure it will help but I left a comment regarding that.
The following users liked this post:
bajanga (10-20-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 11:48 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

If it is back in OEM configuration, I would be using the OEM ribbons. Check they are seated and check none of the fingers are damaged.
I had no luck with ribbons from another vendor when doing Isudar CP.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:09 AM
bajanga
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
If it is back in OEM configuration, I would be using the OEM ribbons. Check they are seated and check none of the fingers are damaged.
I had no luck with ribbons from another vendor when doing Isudar CP.
I wish I could find the OEM ribbons but I bought the car secondhand, and the previous owner didn’t leave behind what was there beforehand

It’s also missing the XM radio board and no sound from the AM/FM tuner. Might just find a donor unit at this point!
Old 10-20-2022, 02:28 AM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ended up sending my PCM to Becker Auto Sound in NJ. They repaired the PCM and also installed the ISUDAR kit. I got it back today and installed it, CarPlay seems to be working great so far. I am planning on taking it to the Porsche dealer to get the specific enabling codes entered to restore all functions. The repair erased my VIN #.
The following 2 users liked this post by ralpheickhof:
bajanga (10-20-2022), David perkar (10-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022, 04:39 AM
David perkar
AutoX

I asked the seller to resend the ribbon cable, the black screen problem was solved.
bajanga (10-20-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 04:07 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
Yes i release e brake it work in PCM (i see rear camera with guidlines... not when i use carplay
Need to reset PCM?
I have the solution from ISUDAR :

"Hello, if it is a manual transmission, you need to manually connect the reverse control line.
Connect to the reverse control wire of the original car. Usually the reversing control line is in the rear taillight of the original car."
I share with you but i dont know how do that

Old 10-25-2022, 03:55 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PCM 3.1 Isudar CarPlay issue. Aux audio is horrible!

I installed the unit and found that in order to get audio instructions using Waze, I must be connected to Aux in, And Not Aux BT. The aux in music sounds like a hand held single speaker FM radio with a 9 Volt from 1979.
it’s literally like nails on a chalk board! I’m completely bummed. Is this a problem with my unit, or am I missing something in my IOS, BT and Wi-Fi settings?
I am emailing W Kimi, but not getting anywhere. Help appreciated.
Old 10-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by wineguy94920
I installed the unit and found that in order to get audio instructions using Waze, I must be connected to Aux in, And Not Aux BT. The aux in music sounds like a hand held single speaker FM radio with a 9 Volt from 1979.
it’s literally like nails on a chalk board! I’m completely bummed. Is this a problem with my unit, or am I missing something in my IOS, BT and Wi-Fi settings?
I am emailing W Kimi, but not getting anywhere. Help appreciated.
This is precisely why I moved away from Isudar. I did a full audio upgrade with an aftermarket system. And I was ruining it at the source, hence, why I bypassed Isudar audio directly into PCM (with wireless CarPlay projecting in the PCM screen). But the trade off was losing the turn by turn navigation capabilities from Waze and other NAV applications.

By using AUX, you are using the worst input to the system. You have a digital output from your phone, that needs to be converted to Analog if you use AUX… losing a lot of fidelity in the process.

Hence, why I decided to move to Mr12Volt because it preserves digital audio while using CarPlay: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-pcm3-1-a.html
Old 10-25-2022, 05:29 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks Santrix, I knew it would be bad..

I just had no idea how bad.. It literally bust have a defect on the board…(Mine) There is no way they would have brought this to market if the sound in AUX mode is as horrible as mine is..
Back to square 1!

Originally Posted by Santirx
This is precisely why I moved away from Isudar. I did a full audio upgrade with an aftermarket system. And I was ruining it at the source, hence, why I bypassed Isudar audio directly into PCM (with wireless CarPlay projecting in the PCM screen). But the trade off was losing the turn by turn navigation capabilities from Waze and other NAV applications.

By using AUX, you are using the worst input to the system. You have a digital output from your phone, that needs to be converted to Analog if you use AUX… losing a lot of fidelity in the process.

Hence, why I decided to move to Mr12Volt because it preserves digital audio while using CarPlay: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-pcm3-1-a.html
Old 10-26-2022, 06:45 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

The aux in music sounds like a hand held single speaker FM radio with a 9 Volt from 1979.
it’s literally like nails on a chalk board!
That sounds extreme and has to be a problem with the board or the cables, the Isudar does not output music as well as a CD but its perfectly clear on navigation audio.
Check your cables first then ask for a new board/refund.
dadster (03-28-2024)
Old 10-26-2022, 12:54 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Default Aux Waze voice is clear.Aux Audio play is the worst.

Thanks.
On my Isudor..
To clarify.. Waze Voice works only over “ Aux” and that voice audio is fine.
When playing Any music while selecting Aux, it sounds simply horrible.
when switching to “Aux BT” music sounds just fine.
when connecting to iPod, it sounds just fine.
CD sounds fine.
XM sound is fine.

The issue is I want music and Waze voice instructions at the same time!
For that I must choose “ AUX”.. That leaves me with audio that is beyond awful.
must be a bad board.

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
That sounds extreme and has to be a problem with the board or the cables, the Isudar does not output music as well as a CD but its perfectly clear on navigation audio.
Check your cables first then ask for a new board/refund.

Last edited by wineguy94920; 10-26-2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:34 AM
David perkar
AutoX

Maybe something like this connection video, I found on
Old 10-27-2022, 03:35 AM
David perkar
AutoX

Originally Posted by Metzeger
I have the solution from ISUDAR :

"Hello, if it is a manual transmission, you need to manually connect the reverse control line.
Connect to the reverse control wire of the original car. Usually the reversing control line is in the rear taillight of the original car."
I share with you but i dont know how do that

Old 10-27-2022, 07:06 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Thanks.
On my Isudor..
To clarify.. Waze Voice works only over “ Aux” and that voice audio is fine.
When playing Any music while selecting Aux, it sounds simply horrible.
when switching to “Aux BT” music sounds just fine.
when connecting to iPod, it sounds just fine.
CD sounds fine.
XM sound is fine.

The issue is I want music and Waze voice instructions at the same time!
For that I must choose “ AUX”.. That leaves me with audio that is beyond awful.
must be a bad board.
I agree, the difference in quality should not be as you are describing. The difference between MOST25 input and AUX is noticeable to a discerning ear, as AUX is a bad input. But it should not be as bad as you are describing.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1