Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Porshatt
What are the 4 numeric settings (0-9) in the Factory page used for? I checked their website and the manual does not explain.
It is a hidden menu.

CODE = 0 3 0 1

Most of the stuff there don’t have any effect on the board, maybe placeholders for future functionality. Some will have some effect on the board though.

Experiment at your own risk!

Old 01-04-2022, 03:53 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
It is a hidden menu.

CODE = 0 3 0 1

Most of the stuff there don’t have any effect on the board, maybe placeholders for future functionality. Some will have some effect on the board though.

Experiment at your own risk!
Is that your default code? Mine is 0 0 0 0 at factory settings.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:59 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arnoud-from-nl
See the picture. There is one screw at the top. You then need to slide the part forward (to front of the car). It is sliding and not pulling!

edit, I am talking about part number 29 here.
I carefully removed that side trim. But it did not help me much since I cannot reach the space being the radio.

I found out that I broke one of the CarPlay antennas yesterday. Other one was intact. I tried cable management ideas behind the PCM. After an hour or so finally inserted the PCM without forcing. This time I feel good about it even though I know it is still a mess there.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Santirx
Racer

Is that your default code? Mine is 0 0 0 0 at factory settings.
Default is 0 0 0 0.

But that is a combination code that you need to enter to get to the hidden menu…

I was just saying that the combination code is 0 3 0 1, in case you want to access the hidden menu.

This is similar menu that you’ll see (maybe slightly different now with latest firmware update):

Last edited by Santirx; 01-04-2022 at 04:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Porshatt (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 05:00 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 144 Posts

Is there anything interesting or worth changing in the engineering menu?

(I guess I could check it out myself later)
Old 01-04-2022, 07:03 PM
Carrera991
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

A buddy of mine installed the isudar system today. He says that the only way to connect to CarPlay when coming into the car is to plug the phone (iPhone) in. Isn't there a way where the Carplay shows up by default w/o connecting the phone USB ?

EDIT, solved: press and hold info

Last edited by Carrera991; 01-04-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes, for sure. He needs to pair the phone in the settings.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:49 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Does anyone have issues with the phone not connecting for Carplay, after the car has been sitting for a couple of days?

I had to to "forget" the bluetooth connection on my iphone, remove the pairing from the Isudar, reboot the Isudar and pair the phone again. After that everything was fine.

Do you all keep the phone connected to the PCM Bluetooth? I tested the CarPlay with the PCM Bluetooth disconnected and I was able to make a phone call and everything else seemed to work.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:52 AM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time when I start the car the screen stays black, the radio and bluetooth are working, if I press the left volumebutton a few times, the screen with the macan logo starts. What could be the problem. Running on software 1124, tried to flash back to earlier version (where the problem didn't occur yet) but that didn't change anything.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Try pulling the fuse on the PCM...see if it resolves. If not, back to checking the cabling.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:27 PM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Try pulling the fuse on the PCM...see if it resolves. If not, back to checking the cabling.

I've already tried it with the fuse, if the wiring is not good then it shouldn't work at all, even after pressing the volume button

Last edited by AngelDutchy; 01-05-2022 at 05:28 PM. Reason: text white
Old 01-05-2022, 05:44 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
Every time when I start the car the screen stays black, the radio and bluetooth are working, if I press the left volumebutton a few times, the screen with the macan logo starts. What could be the problem. Running on software 1124, tried to flash back to earlier version (where the problem didn't occur yet) but that didn't change anything.
Per your description it sounds like the unit is functional other than a black display. I think it is very likely an issue with the connection (i.e. the ribbon cables) to the screen portion of the PCM. It is very easy to put them in backwards, MANY people have done it.

I'd triple-check the ribbon cable orientation is correct, they are inserted all the way, the connectors were not damaged, the cables were not damaged, etc.

Edit, my reading comprehension is apparently not great, I see now you say the screen will come on after some manipulation. In that case I got nothin', sorry.

Last edited by sac02; 01-05-2022 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:51 PM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 182 Posts

This is exactly what I was thinking too. I need to move that huge clip out of the way, probably downward to make space for the PCM. I removed that screw yesterday but the piece did not pop out easily. I did not pull too hard yesterday, but I think I will try again today.
When I installed my Maxspeed back up camera it has a similar additional quad lock and harness and an emulator box that is a challenge to position to get the PCM back in position. I put some electrical tape on the tip of an old bent 12” thin screwdriver that I insert above the PCM and in the opening by the footwell cigarette lighter to move and position the new harness as I slide the PCM into position. I have used this method several times including when I installed my Sports Chrono clock upgrade and smoker package upgrade.
Jim

12” screwdrivers with tape used to position wires behind PCM

Old 01-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
I've already tried it with the fuse, if the wiring is not good then it shouldn't work at all, even after pressing the volume button
Are you able to see the main setting screen from the Isudar board, after pressing the volume button?

What board version did you installed? 1.2 or 2.0?

Some strange behavior been reported with 2.0. I know one of the members here @marcr92 is experiencing some strange issues with connectivity as well, and currently working with Kimi to address. It seems that there is a FW update coming soon… but I would recommend you get in touch with Kimi and explain your specific situation so that they can determine if it is related or completely different.

She will ask for a video, so, I would record the issue and have it ready for when she ask for it.

Kimi@isudar.com

@Kimiiii

Last edited by Santirx; 01-05-2022 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:09 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I carefully removed that side trim. But it did not help me much since I cannot reach the space being the radio.

I found out that I broke one of the CarPlay antennas yesterday. Other one was intact. I tried cable management ideas behind the PCM. After an hour or so finally inserted the PCM without forcing. This time I feel good about it even though I know it is still a mess there.
@Porshatt I just installed mine and it's working but I am struggling to put it back on the car. It's like an inch out. Any cable management tips that you can share? the big connector seems to be in the way regardless of the position I try to put it in. While 'sliding' the unit back, I also have the feeling that they are moving to some other place.

I also have two additional questions if someone can share their insights:
- Where did you route the USB cable to? I tried to put it on the glove box but then it doesn't close well since the cable is pressing.
- My backup camera is on the way but although I have searched, there's no clear indication how to run the cable from the passenger side to the back of the unit. Ideas? any pictures?

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1