Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 11:14 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Ok, really odd what happened to you there. Sucks. Hope for swift repair. You did everything right. Keep us posted !
Old 09-18-2022, 11:19 PM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Willy07
Ok, really odd what happened to you there. Sucks. Hope for swift repair. You did everything right. Keep us posted !
I tend to think there was something wrong with my PCM to begin with. It is going to be 1k+ flat rate to repair. Not many places in the US that repair PCM's. I don't see any other options.

I should say that I found ISUDAR pretty fair and we went over everything. The time difference was the only difficulty.

Last edited by ralpheickhof; 09-18-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 09-18-2022, 11:43 PM
Willy07
Racer

Ralph, check pm.
Old 09-18-2022, 11:47 PM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Ralph, check pm.
I responded to you PM, did you get it?
Old 09-19-2022, 12:34 AM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Old 09-19-2022, 01:15 AM
Willy07
Racer

Ralph, have you see anyone on here successfully do a Version 2 PCM 3.1, at 2.47, which is the latest.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:18 AM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Ralph, have you see anyone on here successfully do a Version 2 PCM 3.1, at 2.47, which is the latest.
Do you mean the HDD to SSD? Not yet, I was just looking for that.
Old 09-25-2022, 04:23 AM
Mike Dodd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default installed mine - CarPlay tips

to hopefully help anyone out since I just installed Isudar 2.0 upgrade to my PCM. Works great. Some tips, do not install without the USB cable, pairing wireless carplay for the first time over Bluetooth leads to unreliable connections. If you disabled AUX BT like me thinking you'll never need it, enable it, this is all stuff that is in the latest user manual and I failed to read since my box came with no instructions just some pictures which weren't really helpful, but YouTube videos abound.

DO NOT set to use 2.4Ghz, these boards at least 2.0 only has 5.0Ghz radio. It will drive you nuts you can't connect to it anymore until you set it back. Isudar should remove the 2.4Ghz menu item.

If you get no sound, check your iPhone Bluetooth, it might be connected to PCM. The audio is maybe going that way and not to the CarPlay AUX. Set both Media AND Source to AUX. (some manuals say to select both, I don't know how this is possible).

Doing the above seems to improve automatic connections in the future to be very reliable. I even noticed I can shut off the Bluetooth once its connected on WiFi and it still functions fine.

The other thing I would avoid is paring a second device to the car, that seems to lead to unpredictable behavior if both phones are in the car at the same time.

I think the unit is pretty great with about 5% frustration with Wifi/Bluetooth (cabled in its hassle free).

The sound quality is indiscernible to when I was doing AUX BT, but I'm no audiophile. The touch screen being the older non capacitative kind requires a special "touch" to slide.

Instead of a quick swipe, do a slow drag and it works. I also didn't know but you can use the right PCM dial to move through the menus and pressing it down selects the item, if you don't want to bother with the touch screen. Even the back arrow works.
All the PCM buttons function like forward/reverse track, pickup/hangup phone.

I still have to test Siri, I am using the car's built in Mic and a $20 Ebay Porsche 981 specific license plate light rear view camera. I like how you can activate the park distance control so you get a graphic of the car and where the danger is, much more useful than a beep. Turning the steering wheel also moves backup line. However, my $20 Ebay camera has its own backup grid lines built into the stupid thing and no way to disable via cutting a cable. My point is the screen gets too busy with PDC, and grid lines and steering wheel lines I just turned off the steering wheel lines.

Good product and fair support. I just wish the english user manual came in the box, would have save a ton of head banging.

Last edited by Mike Dodd; 09-25-2022 at 04:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mike Dodd:
dadster (03-28-2024), fluguy (09-26-2022), zimrok (01-10-2023)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:58 AM
mikewire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm struggling with the wireless disconnect issue, so I emailed Kimi and Prince asking for the newer firmware, since reading here there's a resolution in the upgraded firmware. I got a reply from Kimi, but (she?) simply just asked what my issue was. Well, I explained it again, and I'm hoping to get the new version of the firmware that resolved the connection issue.

I'm a bit surprised they don't have the .bin file out there for every user out there to have. But then again, there's been issues and confusion on the board version etc.

Is anyone sharing out the .bin files for the 2.0 board?

Last edited by mikewire; 09-25-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:26 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for youwhat is the best Joyeauto or Isudar? Thanks for help
Old 09-26-2022, 03:53 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
for youwhat is the best Joyeauto or Isudar? Thanks for help
Isudar, by a long shot. My opinion comes from my own experience, having started with Joye and then moving to Isudar.

Joye Auto is more complex to install, with external box. The Joye DSP is not as good as Isudar. The response is more sluggish and slow. Isudar had solved many of the bugs it used to have…

Since, I moved Mr12Volt, that also has an external box (similar to Joye) but it does have digital audio quality with native MOST25 support.
The following 3 users liked this post by Santirx:
dadster (03-28-2024), David perkar (10-17-2022), ElSpoon958 (09-30-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 04:03 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
Isudar, by a long shot. My opinion comes from my own experience, having started with Joye and then moving to Isudar.

Joye Auto is more complex to install, with external box. The Joye DSP is not as good as Isudar. The response is more sluggish and slow. Isudar had solved many of the bugs it used to have…

Since, I moved Mr12Volt, that also has an external box (similar to Joye) but it does have digital audio quality with native MOST25 support.
Thanks I buy the Isudar today
Old 09-26-2022, 06:58 PM
JoeB3
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx

santrix - mr12v seemed better to me but I couldn’t find a means to acquire one without having to go to a reseller who installed it. We’re you able to buy direct and install yourself?
Old 09-26-2022, 07:16 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeB3
santrix - mr12v seemed better to me but I couldn’t find a means to acquire one without having to go to a reseller who installed it. We’re you able to buy direct and install yourself?
Yes, I bought mine directly from their website: https://www.mr12volt.com/collections...ce-dsp-pcm31md

Yes, I installed myself. My installation video here (for reference): Mr12Volt Carplay Module Installation - PCM3.1 - Porsche Macan 2015
The following users liked this post:
ElSpoon958 (09-30-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 03:56 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the original board. This morning I received the update file from @Kimi as promised. I loaded the gd_upgrade.bin file and proceeded to do the MCU update. The update took just a few seconds, unit rebooted.
On early testing this is fixed !!!!! On Lock, or Unlock, if IGN is off and door is open it kills the wifi connection in a minute or so. This may improve general connectivity in a big way, on a busy day in and out of car as it establishes new wifi connection now each time you leave car.
More testing to come,
thanks @kimi
could you share the firmware in dm? I also have v1 board.

The following users liked this post:
David perkar (10-17-2022)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1