Pro

Received 190 Likes on 156 Posts

^^^^^ Both carplay and android auto work that way. ^^^^^
Old 02-15-2024, 11:05 PM
Frorhl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot ZedZed

Yes the important is that everything is good.
A curiosity, when Siri answer and talk have a hi volume voice very high ,pitched and croaky, is there anything to change this? I lowered the volume in the general menu regarding the "voice alerts".
Do your Siri talk like that too?
Old 02-16-2024, 07:02 AM
ZedZed
Pro

Originally Posted by Frorhl
Thanks a lot ZedZed

Yes the important is that everything is good.
A curiosity, when Siri answer and talk have a hi volume voice very high ,pitched and croaky, is there anything to change this? I lowered the volume in the general menu regarding the "voice alerts".
Do your Siri talk like that too?
I am an Android Auto user so I don't have Carplay/Siri I'm afraid. On Android we have a similar thing called 'Google Assistant' and, here, the voice works as expected. It may be that your Siri problem is an Apple or iPhone issue and not directly related to the Isudar board. I am sure there are plenty of Apple users in the thread who may be able to make some suggestions for you.
The following users liked this post:
Frorhl (02-16-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 03:04 PM
DrLecter1971
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever sort this?
jsdinky (02-21-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 09:15 AM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
The PCM used in the 718 is built for Porsche by Harman and from the beginning contained the code to natively run AA and CP, but this was to be an option offered by Porsche, they offered CP but never reached an agreement with Google so the 718 PCM was never optioned with AA. These options are controlled by a feature enablement code, the firmware update I mentioned enables the codes for AA, CP, OEM NAV and even VIM. We can continue that discussion over there.

OK, here is the thread (a long one!), I updated the first post to provide some links to the software, but before you do anything let me review that information to make sure it is all still the latest!
OEM Navigation Retrofit DIY - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Well I finally got the chance to activate AA on my wife's 718 today. It was marginally nerve wracking but ultimately all good and works great!
Old 02-23-2024, 12:41 PM
texasgooner
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZedZed
I don't know why you are experiencing the slow connect times but you absolutely do have to connect to the Isudar BT and not the PCM BT if you want it to work as expected.
when you say this, and also disabling the bluetooth aux that was previosuly used, I´ll still have my phone paired to pcm but not for bluetooth but to use the phone and see my contacts as before

Last edited by texasgooner; 02-23-2024 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:55 PM
ZedZed
Pro

Originally Posted by texasgooner
when you say this, do we first we unpair the PCM in our phone but don´t touch the bluetooth aux that was previosuly used, ie leave it alone??
It's been a while since I last did this, but if I recall correctly you need to disable Aux BT in the PCM. Then unpair the PCM BT connection and connect your phone to the Isudar BT. After this, connection to the Isudar and AA or CP should be automatic.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:04 PM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah,I'm pretty sure I had BT connections from my phone to both the Isudar and the PCM [pre-Isudar installation] - I then deleted the PCM connection on my phone and everything works as it should (and is very good).

I´ll still have my phone paired to pcm but not for bluetooth but to use the phone and see my contacts
Would you not do this through the Isudar?

Last edited by Metal-Chicken; 02-23-2024 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:34 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,541 Likes on 2,666 Posts

Originally Posted by texasgooner
when you say this, and also disabling the bluetooth aux that was previosuly used, I´ll still have my phone paired to pcm but not for bluetooth but to use the phone and see my contacts as before
Originally Posted by Metal-Chicken
Yeah,I'm pretty sure I had BT connections from my phone to both the Isudar and the PCM [pre-Isudar installation] - I then deleted the PCM connection on my phone and everything works as it should (and is very good).

If you don't do it on Isudar then you can't really use the contact list to make call because your phone is will not be connected to the PCM for calls.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:43 AM
texasgooner
Instructor

Originally Posted by Metal-Chicken
Yes true, I will check the advised, today. It's a shame that their manual doesn't really explain the whole concept properly, as it would solve a lot of head scratching!
​​​​
Old 02-24-2024, 09:40 AM
texasgooner
Instructor

So my issue was always having to go to BT on my phone and select the Isudar listed on my BT with every new visit to the car to get connection (but not if I switched off car and was still in range of car and tried). Not sure if this help others but, anyway this is what I tried today:

I've PCM 3.1, multi function steering wheel, Bose and and Android phone and my car is parked miles from my home (network). As ZedZed mentioned above to try I did this:

Before getting to the car I "disconnected" (not unpair) my phone BT with PCM
Startup PCM, checked phone and PCM BT not connecting as expected with "no phone" appearing on my dash screen
I removed the (unticked) connection in PCM to AUX Bluetooth leaving just the AUX that I had to initialize after my Isudar install weeks ago
Press Info, goto AA and as always AA first screen shows up "If this Android phone is connected for the first time etc etc etc" which is the problem I'm trying to fix
So as this was the first try with ZedZed's advice above I had to do the same, go to phone BT and select the Isudar, and it immediately pairs and the AA screen comes up
But, my phone is now NOT connected having a "no phone" message showing on small dash screen so how the others managed to use their phone (through Isudar or whatever) I've really no idea, but if this trick worked for them then OK.
Switch off, lock car and walk right away for a few mins, come back and I have to repeat again; select Isudar in BT and all good

The next steps below I tried and I've really no idea whether it helped fix the auto connect or not but anyway, I thought to do a clean start with phone, PCM and Isudar.

Unpaired PCM on my phone as I couldn't get it reconnected just from my phone to PCM since disconnecting in the steps above for some reason
Keep the removed (unticked) connection in PCM to AUX Bluetooth as above (which was important for final fix I feel)
Delete my phone in the entry in PCM (why not, may as well)
Repaired my phone with PCM, all good
Press info to go into Isudar and straight to Settings, go to Reset (not factory reset)
After (non factory) reset what was interesting is (and I am not 100% sure at what step) I noticed under "Wireless AA Setting" I had Connection from white to red, which I never had when trying to fix auto connecting and all menu items there accessible, but I feel this is a red herring as:
Next step, re-pair my phone with Isudar. Weirdly, on my phone in AA app it gives me a number code to enter which is never used anyway, so I'm now back and AA is there OK
Just curiously I go to Isudar settings again, the Connection slider mentioned 2 steps above is now back to white and the menu items are not accessible apart from "BT paired device list", anyway this is probably just the way it works
So happy that phone and AA are all working, I lock up, walk right away again out of range and return to car. Whilst walking away from car you'll see on your phone BT list the Isudar BT eventually with no 'in use/connected' status
I came back and started up and the AA immediately connected along with my phone on PCM dash screen (albeit a bit slower for phone but not sure if it ever was immediate)
Then the engine wouldn't start (kidding)

I think its working now, auto connecting, but will go back again this week to car and see. The only thing I can add is this really was a difference now, having both the PCM and Isudar with status on my BT on my phone as "connected/in use" and both had one or other of those statuses, which the Isudar on my BT list on my phone never had before, I always had to force the connection for this fix. Anyway I think this is how it should be now, see below:

Last edited by texasgooner; 02-24-2024 at 10:33 AM.
ZedZed (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 10:16 AM
ZedZed
Pro

^^^^^ Yes, for those having issues with this, it is often a good idea to completely remove ('forget') the BT connection to the PCM and to the Isudar and then start over. And BT AUX needs to be unticked. Starting with a 'clean sheet' seems to make the whole procedure a bit more trouble-free.
texasgooner (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 05:09 PM
Barchtic
6th Gear

I am growing quite frustrated and wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I have been using my ISUDAR board for years now. I keep running into an issue where if the car is off, the panel stays on and connected until I open the door. It eventually turns off and goes black. That would be fine if it behaved properly. Whenever this occurs my PCM 3.1 will not display anything for a while. Usually this would be fixed after letting the car sit overnight, and starting in the morning. This time the PCM will not turn on no matter what. I made sure my phone is disconnected and have forced a reset multiple times by holding INFO. I can hear the system turn off and on but no image will come up whatsoever. Has anyone run into this? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:12 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,541 Likes on 2,666 Posts

Originally Posted by Barchtic
I am growing quite frustrated and wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I have been using my ISUDAR board for years now. I keep running into an issue where if the car is off, the panel stays on and connected until I open the door. It eventually turns off and goes black. That would be fine if it behaved properly. Whenever this occurs my PCM 3.1 will not display anything for a while. Usually this would be fixed after letting the car sit overnight, and starting in the morning. This time the PCM will not turn on no matter what. I made sure my phone is disconnected and have forced a reset multiple times by holding INFO. I can hear the system turn off and on but no image will come up whatsoever. Has anyone run into this? Any help would be appreciated.
Regarding this: " I keep running into an issue where if the car is off, the panel stays on and connected until I open the door. It eventually turns off and goes black." Panel? Do you mean PCM display? Are you saying it is on while the key is out of the ignition, and it is illuminated and displaying something?

Years old? What board revision and firmware? what is it installed in, is the PCM at the latest firmware version?

Have you contacted Isudar yet, what did they say?
Old 02-24-2024, 06:33 PM
Barchtic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Regarding this: " I keep running into an issue where if the car is off, the panel stays on and connected until I open the door. It eventually turns off and goes black." Panel? Do you mean PCM display? Are you saying it is on while the key is out of the ignition, and it is illuminated and displaying something?

Years old? What board revision and firmware? what is it installed in, is the PCM at the latest firmware version?

Have you contacted Isudar yet, what did they say?
I am in a 958.1 2014 Porsche Cayenne. I am pretty certain was version 2.0.0b. Firmware is unknown. I installed it around March 2022. Basically when the car is turned off, for example when you are parked, and you don’t open the door all interior electronics stay on. (Until the door is opened). This includes the PCM display. I was waiting at the airport with the car parked and not running. The display remained on and was working perfectly fine and then turned black. Now it refuses to display anything while the car is running, even the OEM pcm 3.1 OS. It has been almost a week. I am trying to find a way to contact ISUDAR at the moment as well.

Last edited by Barchtic; 02-24-2024 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1