Notices
View Poll Results: what do you think?
really clean, nice looking Vette....
31.46%
a very different Vette but we'll sure as hell take it.
29.84%
i'll be ordering one soon.......
17.72%
No thank you
20.98%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the new corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 11:33 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Anyone who thinks the service experience between Porsche and Chevy are on the same planet, need to get out more and actually own a GM. I liked my Malibu just fine and no complaints with the dealer I took it too, but the Porsche experience it was not.

We're talking McDonalds vs Ruth's Chris.

Every Porsche dealership I've serviced at (quite a few) are state of the art, very luxurious experience. I had a 718 Boxster S for a week once, another time a loaded up Panamera Hybrid. This is part of the experience you pay for (unfortunately as Porsche offer more downmarket cars, now you're more likely to get "stuck" with a base Macan or Cayenne.... the latter at least which has a new generation which should be steps above the old which was already surprisingly fairly fun, despite having a sluggish Audi drivetrain).

And I say this as someone who uses indies for any services I have to pay for (currently with an aftermarket warranty, so I'll switch between both)

GM dealership service in a C8 Vette? LOLLLLLLL. My OCD would go BONKERS. Already I'm paranoid as hell when I give my base Carrera to a dealer. But I stay rest assured that guys who drive far more expensive models and are even more detail oriented than me (if that's possible) entrust said dealers with their cars, so said dealers are trained and prepared to handle these cars a certain way (of course, there will be exceptions, but my experiences have been excellent with multiple dealers and indies). It helps quell your paranoia when there are $200K GT3's and $1+M 918's sitting in the service way.

Pulling a C8 into a dealership who typically work on $2,000 Cobalt's, pickup trucks, family hauler minivans and econo sedans, where the showroom looks like a zoo will be like nails on a chalkboard for multitudes of reasons, if you're even remotely OCD.

If I get a C8, that will be one of my biggest gripes. And my friend who has a GTR would nod in agreement.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

When I had C7s the Chevy dealership had a dedicated Vette Tech, who was the only one that worked on them and the first time it was in for service the Service Advisor introduced him to me and we chatted for a few minutes...he really seemed to care about his job and he covered everything before he got in and I watched him carefully lift his legs in and not drag his feet over the side sill (and he did not notice I was watching him). Regardless, I am not selling my Targa GTS for one.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:48 AM
CaymanCarver
Pro

Received 246 Likes on 169 Posts

An axiom for any product - There are only three available parameters.
1) Performance (Fast)
2) Quality (Good)
3) Price (Cheap)

Pick two. That's all you get. You only get 2.

High Performance + High Quality => ain't gonna be Cheap.
High Performance + Low Price => ain't gonna be Good. (*)

Originally Posted by Ryan_G
Evora 400
R8
NSX
I could keep going but I won't.
Yes thank you.. no need to keep going.
These comparisons of the UNKNOWN C8 (without ANY factual support data) to long lists of other KNOWN cars (with real world factual support data) have been absolutely ridiculous.

However you did mention the "R8" but didn't stipulate which one (V8/V10?). You can get a low mileage R8-V10 for about the same price as the C8 Z51 + Z51 Performance package.
AND the R8 has a well documented history.. the C8 is just a paper tiger. Then again you might be right on the money considering the maintenance of the C8 ain't gonna be cheap/easy.

Originally Posted by soulsea
Yes, no epiphany, just surprising that gm can deliver such a high performance mid engine car at that price point.
Soulsea is a see'r!

Originally Posted by Nm2far
I test drove a manual Grand Sport earlier this year and really liked the car but the interior was junk IMO. The 911 was far more refined in every way, and the Vette much more raw and visceral but not in a bad way. The 911 is now almost too refined and disconnected in some ways. A little raw and visceral as long as it’s not dangerous and can be reliable might be just the ticket for a weekend sports car. Take away the demographic DMC over marquees and they are both really great sports cars with different strengths and weaknesses. I see it with more emphasis on the same with different approaches than better or worse. I’m really looking forward to the detailed reviews and road tests that should be trickling out soon before I pass judgement.
Originally Posted by fast1
You lost me with your "the interior was junk" observation. I see similar observations in this thread, and I strongly disagree. I can buy that the Corvette's interior is inferior to that of a 991, but to write that it's junk is way over the top. BTW I've never seen a 911's interior as being as one of its strong points.If I want top of the line interiors I'd buy an Audi A8L or MB S class. My wife has an Audi A8L and its interior is far superior to any 911 I've owned.
Originally Posted by Nm2far
Maybe a bit strong - it struck me as not up to the same standards as the rest of the car, with the same kind of hard part plastic bits you see on economy GM products. VW’s have better interior trim. I didn’t see a 3LT that had Napa leather, however was unimpressed with the 2LT Mulan leather. Mustangs and Camaro’s suffer the same interior issue. It was what basically kept me from buying the car when I was looking at them seriously. I liked everything else about it, especially in a MT.

I’m hoping the new interior lives up to the PR - GM
Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Exactly my gripe with the Vette and Camaro. Too much of THE cheapest hard plastic available used in highly visible areas. At least put a little foam padding underneath the vinyl and make it soft touch. Cutting costs inside the cockpit just cheapens the whole experience for me. That's not to say I won't be owning one of the first C8's. I just might.
+2 Nm2far.
Dittos for me, felt like junk plastic crap.
By the time I sat in the 3LT Gransport I knew too many bad things about the car.. so was maybe already jaded and predisposed to not liking it.

Funny true story though:
My first attempt at checking out the Grandsport at the local dealer.. drove down in my Prius.. parked on the lot n' got out of the car. No sales people even looked at me. Not even a hello and they weren't busy..
Went over to the Grandsport and started poking around all over the car.. still no attention from the dealer staff.

Went home, got in the Viper and drove back to the dealer.. parked on the lot n' before I could open the door to get out of the car, there were two sales guys standing there eager to help and answer all my questions.
By then I was a little annoyed, so I proceeded to ask all kinds of pointed questions about the known problems with the car. Didn't take long before they disappeared again saying they'd send the Service Mgr over to talk.
Never saw him, but I did get to sit in the car. Was not impressed.

Why anyone is rushing to buy this car is beyond me.
Even a regular gen switch has issues (heck GM never got the current gen full size SUV right and those came out five years ago), never mind a brand new architecture.
Plus they'll be heavily discounted within a year.

N' what does it mean for addressing the known issues with the C7? Is GM just going to abandon it and let the aftermarket fix everything?
This might be a new "product cycle model".
  • Let the problems stack up without addressing them
  • Let the warranty run out
  • Let the aftermarket make it better
  • Move the biggest fixes to the next release

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
The big problems with the C7 weren't related to the interior quality or the engine placement. What kept it from being taken seriously was its crappy slushbox transmission and Conestoga-era suspension.
The new mid-engine architecture is a big step forward, but the real news is that the core mechanical shortcomings have been fixed.
Pretty exciting stuff IMO. I would be mailing out resumes right about now, if I worked on the 718 team.
True about the crappy slushbox transmission.. again no mention the AFM. If they ditched the AFM all together then it likely means the Gas Guzzler Tax is added to the bill.
So far, there's been zero information on that subject.

But exactly which "core mechanical shortcomings have been fixed"? How about you list them.

I doubt anyone on the 718 team has anything to worry about.

I agree with you in regards to interior build materials. In my personal experience the main difference is in the build tolerances. After tracking my C7 Z07 about 15 times the car had completely changed. Rattles, panels a lot looser, that sort of thing. My 991 cars never suffered this kind of fatigue. Not an issue if you’re not tracking but it’s no small or common thing for a car to stay consistent after repeated track abuse.
Originally Posted by K-A
Interesting that he said most of the car is bolted together and there are very little welds. Isn't that technically considered a bad thing?
+10. Nobody wants a rattle trap!

Originally Posted by odurandina
engine access: worth a listen, imo.....@9:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mFoNpVZ5c
+1 and thanks for posting that.

yea no words on what basic maintenance is going to be like. Wonder if there's going to be a small access panel inside the wheel well like on the Cayman/Boxster?

One of the other unspoken questions from the video is "will the folks buying a C8 in that price range be able to afford the maintenance and repair costs?".
That sticker shock just might be enough to send early adopters into dumping their C8's on the used market sooner rather than later.
We'll know in a couple of years.

Originally Posted by groundhog
why does anyone care about 0-60mph? it has so little relevance these days.
"With only 3,464 pounds of car to move, the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport does a standing quarter mile in just 12.2 seconds at 116.1 mph. On the way there, it blows past 60 mph in only 3.9 seconds. " Motortrend 2017.
Originally Posted by groundhog
In which case a Tesla is your tool of choice.
+10 I was blown away by the sustained acceleration of the Tesla P75D AWD. It was INSANE!

My 2008 Viper did the quarter mile in 10.4 seconds at 134mph ..just as some kind of comparison point.. I guess.

Originally Posted by Caustic
The C7 the Z51 pkg which includes limited slip, exhaust, bigger brakes, suspension sells for around $5k, C5 and C6 had similar Z51 pkgs at similar price points. The rumor is that the C8 pkg includes
  • Michelin® PS4 Performance 3 Season tires†
  • Standard FE3 Performance Suspension
  • Larger 345 mm front and 350 mm rear brake rotors
  • Extra cooling with additional rear-mounted third radiator
  • Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
  • Larger rear spoiler provides up to 400 lbs. of downforce
  • Performance exhaust results in 495 HP
for about $8k. That is still under $70k, and still an incredible deal.
Still gotta add in the Z51 Performance Package cost for the "0-60 under 3 seconds" stat.
Nobody knows the price for that package yet. Anybody?

Just over the last couple days it seems the hype is getting tamped down with real world questions and actual pricing information.
The rude awakening has begun.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:50 AM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wizee
I accept these points.

The more consistent camber angle under different loading conditions should give more consistent tire wear, and probably somewhat better rear grip. The E-diff can be controlled more intelligently than a conventional LSD. If it’s going to be heavily in tracked, less tire wear and cheaper parts would make it cheaper to operate. Porsche has never been competitive with Chevy in lap times per MSRP or consumable price, and the story continues here. It’s the same story as C7 vs 991/981, C6 vs 997/987, C5 vs 996/986 etc.

For my application (road car/garage queen), I find the Spyder nicer to look at, will probably be more fun and nimble, and cheaper to own too.

I still don’t expect the base C51 Vette to be very different in lap times than a PDK 718 GT4, but we’ll see.
Ideally you want close to zero degrees of camber as possible when you are accelerating/decelerating so you get even load distribution across the surface of the tire contact patch perpendicular to the direction that the tire is rotating. (inside wall towards the outside wall of the tire) , but you still want negative camber when there are lateral loads while cornering to keep the tire contact patch as perpendicular to the road surface for optimum performance.

Here is a nice primer from folks at GrigsRacing that specialize on Mustangs, but it still applies, look at their conclusions same car same power to weight ratio, just changing the suspension geometry (not just alignment), and subsequent difference in laptimes. They are right next to Sonoma Raceway in CA and are a very reputable Mustang shop, they know what they are doing.

https://www.griggsracing.com/chassis...pherson-strut/

For your particular use, the Spyder makes perfect sense, I love the way that the 981/718 Spyder looks, it will be a classic someday
The following users liked this post:
wizee (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:02 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanCrush
1) Performance (Fast)
2) Quality (Good)
3) Price (Cheap)

These comparisons of the UNKNOWN C8 (without ANY factual support data) to long lists of other KNOWN cars (with real world factual support data) have been absolutely ridiculous.

However you did mention the "R8" but didn't stipulate which one (V8/V10?). You can get a low mileage R8-V10 for about the same price as the C8 Z51 + Z51 Performance package.
AND the R8 has a well documented history.. the C8 is just a paper tiger. Then again you might be right on the money considering the maintenance of the C8 ain't gonna be cheap/easy.

Soulsea is a see'r!

+2 Nm2far.
By the time I sat in the 3LT Gransport I knew too many bad things about the car.. so was maybe already jaded and predisposed to not liking it.

Funny true story though:
My first attempt at checking out the Grandsport at the local dealer.. drove down in my Prius.. parked on the lot n' got out of the car. No sales people even looked at me. Not even a hello and they weren't busy..
Went over to the Grandsport and started poking around all over the car.. still no attention from the dealer staff.

Went home, got in the Viper and drove back to the dealer.. parked on the lot n' before I could open the door to get out of the car, there were two sales guys standing there eager to help and answer all my questions.
By then I was a little annoyed, so I proceeded to ask all kinds of pointed questions about the known problems with the car. Didn't take long before they disappeared again saying they'd send the Service Mgr over to talk.

N' what does it mean for addressing the known issues with the C7? Is GM just going to abandon it and let the aftermarket fix everything?

True about the crappy slushbox transmission.. again no mention the AFM. If they ditched the AFM all together then it likely means the Gas Guzzler Tax is added to the bill.

But exactly which "core mechanical shortcomings have been fixed"? How about you list them.

yea no words on what basic maintenance is going to be like. Wonder if there's going to be a small access panel inside the wheel well like on the Cayman/Boxster?

One of the other unspoken questions from the video is "will the folks buying a C8 in that price range be able to afford the maintenance and repair costs?".
That sticker shock just might be enough to send early adopters into dumping their C8's on the used market sooner rather than later.

+10 I was blown away by the sustained acceleration of the Tesla P75D AWD. It was INSANE!

My 2008 Viper did the quarter mile in 10.4 seconds at 134mph ..just as some kind of comparison point.. I guess.

Still gotta add in the Z51 Performance Package cost for the "0-60 under 3 seconds" stat.

Just over the last couple days it seems the hype is getting tamped down with real world questions and actual pricing information.
FWIW, not sure how many P-cars you have owned, the track record for Porsche acknowledging/fixing known issues is not spectacular by any means whatsoever and nothing to write home about either. I have been following the brand since the 944 days.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:15 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by wizee
I accept these points.

The more consistent camber angle under different loading conditions should give more consistent tire wear, and probably somewhat better rear grip. The E-diff can be controlled more intelligently than a conventional LSD. If it’s going to be heavily in tracked, less tire wear and cheaper parts would make it cheaper to operate. Porsche has never been competitive with Chevy in lap times per MSRP or consumable price, and the story continues here. It’s the same story as C7 vs 991/981, C6 vs 997/987, C5 vs 996/986 etc.

For my application (road car/garage queen), I find the Spyder nicer to look at, will probably be more fun and nimble, and cheaper to own too.

I still don’t expect the base C51 Vette to be very different in lap times than a PDK 718 GT4, but we’ll see.
As someone who use to have a racing license and competed in many SCCA events, I always prefer racing a lighter car with less HP than a heavier one with more HP. Light weight cars are just easier to drive fast than heaver cars, especially when driven by amateurs who do occasional DEs. When driven by professional drivers, I wouldn't be surprised if a C8 turns in quicker lap times than a GT4, but that won't necessarily apply when the cars are driven by amateurs.
Almost everyone has been focused on the C8's sub 3 sec 0-60 time. Sub 3 sec means 2.9+. If it were 2.8 secs or lower, I guarantee you that the exact time would be listed. Just like a dealer who advertises a car for under $50K. We all know that means $4,995 or even $4,999. Moreover, how many C8 owners will be able to replicate the sub 3 sec time? My guess would be very few. My assumptions are that the sub 3 sec time was done by a professional driver who made many attempts before the sub 3 sec time was recorded. I can guarantee you that the sub 3 sec time wasn't done with a full tank of gas, in 90 degree temperatures and high humidity. So in the "real world ", I would expect most C8 owners will run a mid 3 sec 0-60. I'm not suggesting that's a slow time, but it certainly isn't as sexy a marketing gimmick as sub 3 secs.
So I look forward to seeing lap times. Even if the GT4 is a little faster, the C8 is still one hell of a car for the money. It's only drawback is the absence of a MT.
The following 2 users liked this post by fast1:
porschedood5000 (07-28-2019), wizee (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 01:04 PM
993NYS
AutoX

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
The Z06 overheated. The NA cars had no problems at all. I had none in my car with tons of track hours. Name a car without an issue... the GT4 has the transmission and strut tower problem, the GT3 had engine issues, etc. Wouldn't stop me from buying the GT4 and an issue a past generation Corvette had wouldn't stop me from buying a new one. Besides, GM developed this car from scratch so, knowing all of the heat issues the Z06 had, I'm pretty sure they will have sorted that in this car. Regardless, the car will likely have an issue... just like most every other car.
Let's be accurate, the early Z06s had some heat issues under certain conditions on track. The 2017 and beyond Z06 was corrected and let's remember how many are sold and tracked to death.

The Z06 is a fantastic performance and track value and is among the fastest track cars on earth, as are Porsches but let's not kid ourselves that Porsche doesn't have a list of inherent problems also.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

1) Performance (Fast)
2) Quality (Good)
3) Price (Cheap)

No longer true, or perhaps the truth is all the other manufacturers are gouging the enthusiast with pricing for cars that are high margin. The C8 is not revolutionary in its design. All they did was move the engine behind the driver's head. All the other tech is current standard fare, then priced it accordingly. If the new NSX was built this way, with a V8 or V10 instead of a turbo six, and slashed the price $30k, they probably would have sold more and still made a profit. What is exciting is that Chevy took the risk to make the car at the possible cost of alienating its base.

As a person that has been looking for a low mileage R8 V10 (among a couple other cars) for the last 6 months, show me where I can get one for under $70k? Because that is the price point of a base C8 with the Z51 package. I wold buy that R8 V10 in a heartbeat.

Soulsea is a see'r!

+2 Nm2far.

Funny true story though:

Just because you say it is junk, plastic crap, doesn't make it so. Many of us here have a) owned other vehicles, b) know friends who have owned these other vehicles, c) exposed to these other vehicles through research. A C7 3LT is a nicely equipped car with a nice feeling interior. And lets be honest, nearly as nice as a Cayman or even a 911. Porsche is not known for "stellar" interiors, and never has been. I own a 911 and I have friends that have C7s

Funny true story though:
My first attempt at checking out the 911 at the local dealer.. drove down in my Prius.. parked on the lot n' got out of the car. No sales people even looked at me. Not even a hello and they weren't busy..
Went over to the 911 and started poking around all over the car.. still no attention from the dealer staff.

Went home, got in the first gen NSX and drove back to the dealer.. parked on the lot n' before I could open the door to get out of the car, there were two sales guys standing there eager to help and answer all my questions.

See how that works? Every marque has problems. EVERY marque has problems. And as a person who has worked in the car industry, the story is the same about sales people, from "lowly" Chevy to "elite" Porsche. Their job is to size you up and sell you something.

Most of this sounds like straight BS from someone that wants to feel validated by the decisions and purchases they have made. Because again EVERY marque has done this with some of their product line. To be blind to it is to be willfully ignorant. Does this mean Chevy will let problems occur with the new C8? It remains to be seen, but you can bet they are fully aware just how many eyes are on this just hoping they will fail. They have invested 100s of millions of dollars on a new facility just to roll out this car. The development and testing has been longer than nearly any other car they have ever made. They have a lot riding on it and will try to make sure it succeeds.

And yes, the 718 team does have a lot to worry about. Since the new release, sales for the car is sliding down off the charts. People don't want them. Who wants a non-practical 4 cylinder car for that price point?

Why would the repair cost be astronomical like you are implying? This car uses tech that they currently have in other product lines. The tech in the car is not revolutionary, just the layout.

How is the interior of that 2008 Viper? Are there squeaks and rattles? Build quality up to par?

Maybe you just haven't read through this thread, but multiple people have discussed this already. It will probably be $8k or less based on historical data and information leaks.

There is no "rude awakening". The car hasn't been released yet, and most car enthusiasts are excited that something like this will be released and wish it success.

Last edited by Caustic; 07-27-2019 at 02:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Caustic:
2slow2speed (07-27-2019), n3rd (07-27-2019), Nm2far (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 01:50 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

This is with DAL (dual axle lift) on...

Seriously, the body already looks so low -- a 2" lowering (to eliminate those fender gaps) would slam it into the ground.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:21 PM
TheMystro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993NYS
Yea, baby ! The elitism is flowing baby! I bet the boys on the Corvette Team are loving 113 pages of teeth mashing by the Porsche guys ! Twisting in the wind over the new C8. The C6 and C7 have been handing it to Porsche on the track for years and now C8 taking it to another level for half the money.

Keep the elitism flowing while paying 3000 dollars for leather air vents. In the meantime, C8 has sucked the air right out of the room.

Its not “elitism” to prefer steak over a hamburger. It’s called freedom of choice and a working knowledge of both brands. I don’t think German/Italian car owners car as much as you think they do about anything from GM.
The very idea that the poor little Chevy is not considered equal to more historical brands that don’t make minivans is outrageous. How dare the new Corvette without anyone driving it yet not be taken as a serious supercar.
This is the same company that brought us the exotic mid engine Fiero. GM is running a super hype advertising campaign and shockingly some that have a little history under their belts can see right through it. I don’t run out and buy a McRib when Mc Donald’s starts that hype advertising every year either.

Last edited by TheMystro; 07-27-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:25 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

It's coming to MacMulkin Chevrolet of Nashua, NH, Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM EDT.
2slow2speed (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 02:30 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

The following 5 users liked this post by n3rd:
2slow2speed (07-27-2019), 996SPECticle (07-27-2019), Caustic (07-27-2019), Craigy (07-31-2019), SoCal-NSX (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 02:40 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMystro
The Corvette vs Porsche comparison is 4 decades long. It’s fueled by budget minded car seekers validating not paying high end prestige car prices. The Chevy Corvette will never be a prestige car and that doesn’t matter to some and others, style and prestige is a important factor if they admit it or not. It’s only human nature.
Everyone assumes everyone’s priorities are the same and the definition of “better” has 100s of different meanings.
In the end it always boils down to buying the car that you can afford that makes you smile most.

For the record I could never go back to the Chevy ownership experience. Bush-league price point car dealers and service center treatment. The new Vette would have to be unworldly amazing to deal with that ownership experience. Imagine dealing with them with extensive warranty claims on a new Corvette. “Sorry sir the parts are not available for 2 weeks but you can sign out a Sonic as a service loaner.”
I also lost a crap load of money on the GM bailout that probably still irritates me.

The one change is that the C8 brings the prestige of mid-engine. That will bring in some buyers but not dramatically changing the conquest buyer equation.
TheMystro (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 02:43 PM
TheMystro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

The one change is that the C8 brings the prestige of mid-engine. That will bring in some buyers but not dramatically changing the conquest buyer equation.
Bingo. I think there will also be a lot of push back from the last 50 years of Corvette owners. Traditions fuel the faithful as Porsche knows very well. Imagine if Porsche redesigns the 911 with a front engine. The world would end.

GM press release to the Corvette club:
“Everything we told you about our designs and racing history over the last 50 years were wrong. We got it wrong and we are going to try putting the engine in this location and see how it works? Your current front engine cars are now worthless and inferior but we hope you will buy our new Corvette design and see how we do with it. UAW thanks you for your past support.”
Old 07-27-2019, 02:47 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,243 Likes on 751 Posts

Why anyone is rushing to buy this car is beyond me.

Even a regular gen switch has issues (heck GM never got the current gen full size SUV right and those came out five years ago), never mind a brand new architecture.

Plus they'll be heavily discounted within a year.
Bingo.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle and the bespoke tremec DCT to prove itself before I even test drive one.
2slow2speed (07-27-2019)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new corvette?