Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Nice! 80 down to 67... was it exactly 15% off MSRP? I think with some creative rounding you could be right there.

Only 27 on trade for yours tho huh? Just watching values, I put 30k/yr on mine, am at 65k now.... so I'll be at 120k pretty soon! Weighing exactly when's the right time to pull the trigger on a new one (now-ish) or just ride it out another year or two then find a low-mile 16 somewhere.
on the trade they were one of the best at 27 likely Could of have squeezed a few more nickels having said that most started at 25, another told me only worth in low 20’s.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

That's a great trade in value for the CD; I am trading in my '14 GTS with 35k miles ($105k MSRP), and I got a best offer of $53k. What dealer did you use, if you don't mind?
Old 12-07-2017, 11:18 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17

on the trade they were one of the best at 27 likely Could of have squeezed a few more nickels having said that most started at 25, another told me only worth in low 20’s.
Wow.

Seems they're lowballing pretty hard on the trade-ins.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Their stance is there is no market to compare them too so skidish on the trade in
also worthn noting Loeber porsche in Illinois said they would not take my car in trade period and only wanted to give 7k off a car w a sticker near 80k

My good friend traded in his 15 cd w 70 k miles for a used pano, they gave him 40k
Old 12-08-2017, 01:13 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Wow.

Seems they're lowballing pretty hard on the trade-ins.
He did say there was 123K on the odo. Still... 27K does seem pretty low.

Their stance is there is no market to compare them too so skidish on the trade in
also worthn noting Loeber porsche in Illinois said they would not take my car in trade period and only wanted to give 7k off a car w a sticker near 80k

My good friend traded in his 15 cd w 70 k miles for a used pano, they gave him 40k
Yeah, they're "skittish" on the trade... but pretty damn proud on their pricing. And give you the same reasoning, too. No market to compare to, so they can't take a risk in a reasonable trade. But when selling... no market to compare to. No more coming here, so they're rare and worth their weight in gold.

The dealer I was talking to that said they'd been sitting on them and weren't budging on the price was Colorado Springs. They'd been eating the cost an blah blah. When I challenged him on the fact they got a pretty chunk of change in the dealer settlement, he basically accused me of wanting my share of it. Their price was $76.6K MSRP down to $72K and he said that's firm. Good for them if they can get it, I guess. Not so good for the sucker who pays that much for it. And that's for a '16 with about 3K miles and an unpunched warranty. Reasonably well equipped, but nothing so special that I'd be willing to pay WAY over market for the thing. Drive it away and it's a ~64ish vehicle, given mileage and warranty. Maybe 62.

Oh, and of course, the trade offer on the BS was highway robbery. I think they offered me on a base with no options, rather than an S with a decent set of options.

Last edited by skiahh; 12-08-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:27 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

If I were to buy a new one right now at the average 12-15% off and trade in my 14 with less than 50k, I’d be coming in ahead by $20k assuming $70k (new) $40k (trade in) plus $11k settlement. I’m comparing to what I owe on it which is about 40k

*runs around and searches for the nearest dealership*

I know most aren’t in my shoes as they have way more into their car than my recent purchase, but values look strong. If I had a mostly paid off vehicle, I wouldn’t do it. In addition, sales tax is $0 for me.

Last edited by Sword_of_the_Spirit; 12-08-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Just as FYI Kelly blue book put my car at 26-30 k for trade and I felt they gave me good number on their car so I’m good w netbdeal plus tax savings of $ 2100 for trade in
many dealers are trying to keep the maximum amount of pcna concessions no different than them selling the new gt3 at market value
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by booch
That's a great trade in value for the CD; I am trading in my '14 GTS with 35k miles ($105k MSRP), and I got a best offer of $53k. What dealer did you use, if you don't mind?
Unless you hate it...I'd think twice before trading that V8 GTS.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Loeber is generally high. And they're a very low-volume dealer.

If you're shopping in Illinois I'd recommend either Porsche Exchange in Highland Park (~15 miles north of Loeber - they pick up a LOT of pissed off people who feel they were getting hosed by Loeber), they also sell more Porsche than all the other Chicago-area dealers combined (and there are 5 or 6 in Chicago) or MotorWerks in Barrington (where I bought 3 vehicles including my CD).

The argument about "no market" is total BS. Every used CD I see on dealer websites locally (Chicago area... I usually peruse a few local dealers inventory every few days for fun as my mental break instead of Facebook) sells within a couple days. I never see a CD on a website more than once.

Originally Posted by skiahh
He did say there was 123K on the odo. Still... 27K does seem pretty low.

Yeah, they're "skittish" on the trade... but pretty damn proud on their pricing. And give you the same reasoning, too. No market to compare to, so they can't take a risk in a reasonable trade. But when selling... no market to compare to. No more coming here, so they're rare and worth their weight in gold.

The dealer I was talking to that said they'd been sitting on them and weren't budging on the price was Colorado Springs. They'd been eating the cost an blah blah. When I challenged him on the fact they got a pretty chunk of change in the dealer settlement, he basically accused me of wanting my share of it. Their price was $76.6K MSRP down to $72K and he said that's firm. Good for them if they can get it, I guess. Not so good for the sucker who pays that much for it. And that's for a '16 with about 3K miles and an unpunched warranty. Reasonably well equipped, but nothing so special that I'd be willing to pay WAY over market for the thing. Drive it away and it's a ~64ish vehicle, given mileage and warranty. Maybe 62.

Oh, and of course, the trade offer on the BS was highway robbery. I think they offered me on a base with no options, rather than an S with a decent set of options.
Yeah they're playing both sides of the coin. Tell you essentially "well they're not making these anymore so we need to offer low" on trade and then flip the coin and tell you "well they're not making these anymore so they're a hot commodity" on the new one.

Honestly I think they'll sell. I think there's enough pent up demand, and not many out there.

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
If I were to buy a new one right now at the average 12-15% off and trade in my 14 with less than 50k, I’d be coming in ahead by $20k assuming $70k (new) $40k (trade in) plus $11k settlement. I’m comparing to what I owe on it which is about 40k

*runs around and searches for the nearest dealership*

I know most aren’t in my shoes as they have way more into their car than my recent purchase, but values look strong. If I had a mostly paid off vehicle, I wouldn’t do it. In addition, sales tax is $0 for me.

I don't think I'd trade mine unless I got close to 40. 39-40 on trade and low 60s for a new 16 and I'd probably leave the office and hit up the dealer right now.

Hearing Ddesimone say they only offered 25? I know what I'd tell them...

Just as FYI Kelly blue book put my car at 26-30 k for trade and I felt they gave me good number on their car so I’m good w netbdeal plus tax savings of $ 2100 for trade in
many dealers are trying to keep the maximum amount of pcna concessions no different than them selling the new gt3 at market value
NADAGuides.com has my 14 with 65k valued at 38k for "fair" trade in. I think KellyBB is wrong. Based on the fact that most CD's I see are *still* listed in the mid-high 40s for 13-14 and mid-high 50s for 15-16....
Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Still waiting for more feedback on performance of 958.1 post fix before deciding if upgrading to a 958.2 makes sense..
Old 12-08-2017, 12:34 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

When cold, it's definitely different. Torque converter doesn't lockup until 4th gear, so the powertrain feels "loose" until then. Needs those revs to push more exhaust flow, to heat the cat so it starts working as soon as possible.

Once fully warmed up? I don't think I can really tell there's a difference. ~250 miles on it so far.... 50/50 mix of 75-80mph highway, and gridlock. I drove it around aggressively last night on some errands and... yeah... it's pretty much the same as it always was. Same thick torque curve.

I'd expect that, post-fix, there won't be ANY difference between .1 and .2 since the .1 just gets the .2 hardware, then they both get software. Though really there was only one "drive" where, pre-fix, I could tell any difference between my .1 and several .2 loaners I had.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:32 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I've shopped a few dealers (early thanks to this thread), most didn't have info early on but now are "eager to sell" yet only offering 10% off MSRP. When I question why every 17 on their lot including platinums are being offered 13-14% off and the cars that have been sitting for 2-3 years are only 10% off I hear crickets.... (one car was even a loaner/demo and still only 10% off). I think most are expecting better discounts and it will take some time before these dealers realize while there is demand, at 10% I don't expect most will be running to their dealerships based on "expected discounts".

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 12-08-2017, 01:41 PM
NM912E
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Loeber is generally high. And they're a very low-volume dealer.

If you're shopping in Illinois I'd recommend either Porsche Exchange in Highland Park (~15 miles north of Loeber - they pick up a LOT of pissed off people who feel they were getting hosed by Loeber), they also sell more Porsche than all the other Chicago-area dealers combined (and there are 5 or 6 in Chicago) or MotorWerks in Barrington (where I bought 3 vehicles including my CD).

The argument about "no market" is total BS. Every used CD I see on dealer websites locally (Chicago area... I usually peruse a few local dealers inventory every few days for fun as my mental break instead of Facebook) sells within a couple days. I never see a CD on a website more than once.

NADAGuides.com has my 14 with 65k valued at 38k for "fair" trade in. I think KellyBB is wrong. Based on the fact that most CD's I see are *still* listed in the mid-high 40s for 13-14 and mid-high 50s for 15-16....
I just bought a '15 from MotorWerks for 56K with 29K miles, it stickered for 82K when new. I think I paid too much but it had what we were looking for with one exception, LCA . As I was doing my due diligence most 15's were being offered at 53-54K with the same miles. Negotiating with the Porsche dealers for me was the hardest places I've ever dealt with to get a price concession. Non Porsche dealers on the other hand seemed to go big on price breaks out the gate (lower listing prices). Only one non dealer had what I wanted ( a '16 with 25K miles for 54) and when I called to make my offer it had sold it was only on the dealers lot one day , this was in Denver.

As for new cars North Houston Porsche offered me the 20% on a call back and I wish I had not committed to the 15 or I would have bought from them, the sales person was extremely kind and wanted to work with me but the deal on the other one was in the works. Her name is Leila if anyone is looking.

On our '13 we are going to try and get 37K on Craigslist in Denver it has 80K miles, and the premium plus package. Manheim showed several through the auction at 33K so we should be in the ballpark.

The '15 is still in Barrington and I need to get it to Albuquerque or Denver anyone know of a small transport company that they trust ?
Old 12-08-2017, 01:52 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I did negotiate a bit with MW for all 3 of my purchases but IMO found they were definitely "fair". Might not've been a "OMG A STEAL!" but it was priced fair, I got some off, they made some money. The delta between their asking price and where we wound up was not massive. My experience, they don't do massive mark-ups, but they also don't move very much.

I had my buddy in my back pocket sending me Mannheim listings so I knew what they likely owned their vehicle for, and knew what they'd likely get for my trade (if I was trading... which only my CD had a trade.)

By my last purchase (2015 Boxster S) I had enough rapport with the sales manager (Stu) he flatly showed me his screen, and what he owned the car for - he made right around $1500.

I didn't negotiate any harder or less hard on that deal than the other. It was a bit of a dance but not bad overall, and that's coming from someone (me) who HATES negotiating.

All 3 purchases came fully detailed (expected...) new tires, fully serviced and ready to go.

Who was your sales guy? And is the '15 a former sales/service demo or something they found via trade-in/auction?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:08 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Where are you guys seeing the Porsche North Houston inventory? All I see there is a single, used '13 CD. Nothing about 15s or 16s anywhere.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue