Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 05:32 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought a 2016 CD unpunched in the system, delivered with 58 miles. Before they "Flashed" the engine" it had only 26 miles, But under the directive of PCNA, those stopped sale diesels have to be driven and tested with minimum miles (I'd say 20 to 30 miles) to ensure everything works fine. I am not sure under who's directive but will be inclined to think it was from PCNA to replace all tires. All four of my tires are brand new, wipers new, checked fluids all clear and new to me.

If you know your tires are the original ones, I suggest you bring your CD back as your dealer may have pocketed the money they should have used to buy new ones for your CD.

I checked a few dealers here in the Midwest and all dealers I checked are replacing their CD with new tires. I find it odd that in the east coast two members here are experiencing flat spots due to old and original tires. Something is definitely wrong in their situation. Dealers ought to give you new set of tires.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17

i have same tire issue (flat spots) from same dealer my tires are stamped 2/2013
Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
They said all fluids were changed including brake flush. I can only take their word for it. Tires definitely were not changed. They show manufactured week 23, 2015. Where are you hearing that tires are being replaced? Is it up to dealer or PCNA?

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 12-23-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added a third paragraph.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
I bought a 2016 CD unpunched in the system, delivered with 58 miles. Before they "Flashed" the engine" it had only 26 miles, But under the directive of PCNA, those stopped sale diesels have to be driven and tested with minimum miles (I'd say 20 to 30 miles) to ensure everything works fine. I am not sure under who's directive but will be inclined to think it was from PCNA to replace all tires. All four of my tires are brand new, wipers new, checked fluids all clear and new to me.

If you know your tires are the original ones, I suggest you bring your CD back as your dealer may have pocketed the money they should have used to buy new ones for your CD.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
spoke the sales person he seemed amenable to a solution w the tires , will see next week if the GM is on board as well . My car was unpunched 30 miles when I took delivery it had 45 , they performed full service was told by my local gm if the tires do not have any dry rot the dealer is not responsible for replacing the tires for flat spots per pcna., everything else seems perfect besides tires plus my car was stored in doors for the past 2 years, unless I’m being Nieve.
to be honest if I am on the hook to get a set of tires , not loosing sleep over it. Rounding error
Old 12-23-2017, 08:23 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I am happy that they are making you happy due to the fact that you noticed the tires are still original and I can almost assure you even though stored indoors, unless they over inflate those tires and sitting for almost two years will for sure have flat spots. If that is not a directive by PCNA to replace tires, then your dealer is simply trying to save money. The fact that there are flat spots on your tires it is just the right thing to do for them to replace your tires.

As for my experience with my 2016CD, first time to own one and drives really nice. I cannot hear any engine clatter, no hesitation when need to step on it, and no holding of gears when I feather the gas pedal. I am a very happy camper acquiring this unpunched 2016 CD. Good luck on your 2016 CD, looks like you also have a winner there!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-fan1

spoke the sales person he seemed amenable to a solution w the tires , will see next week if the GM is on board as well . My car was unpunched 30 miles when I took delivery it had 45 , they performed full service was told by my local gm if the tires do not have any dry rot the dealer is not responsible for replacing the tires for flat spots per pcna., everything else seems perfect besides tires plus my car was stored in doors for the past 2 years, unless I’m being Nieve.
to be honest if I am on the hook to get a set of tires , not loosing sleep over it. Rounding error
Old 12-24-2017, 01:07 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

In addition to flat spots on the tires, wouldn't rodent damage worry any buyers of CDs that have been sitting in storage for two years? I hate to bring that up, but every once in a while someone posts a picture of rodent nesting and damage due to little critters making a home in the many unseen areas of the vehicle. I suppose a good inspection would find any nests.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
In addition to flat spots on the tires, wouldn't rodent damage worry any buyers of CDs that have been sitting in storage for two years? I hate to bring that up, but every once in a while someone posts a picture of rodent nesting and damage due to little critters making a home in the many unseen areas of the vehicle. I suppose a good inspection would find any nests.
that was a concern I expressed , they went thru the car no issues . And has new car smell
Old 12-24-2017, 02:41 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Yes very good points. Before I took delivery I did my own due diligence and checked and opened practically compartments and creases that can be opened and perform visual inspection. Smell test was good on the inside as the car still smells new. Checked hoses and showed no signs of dry rot. Happy I decided to buy an unpunched 2016 CD.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne

that was a concern I expressed , they went thru the car no issues . And has new car smell
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 PM
tmack2012
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canadian 3.0 later diesel compensation update:

Happy Holidays from the Great White North! Currently -40 to -45 deg C (with windchill, polar vortex for Christmas. Woo hoo.

I've been tuned out of this thread somewhat as it has, understandably, been dominated of late by US compensation details and experiences, which seems to be reassuring so far re. performance issues of the fix.

Caught this in the Canadian driving news:

http://driving.ca/volkswagen/auto-ne...ts-with-owners

link to VW Canada press release confirming this : https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/en

I am the original owner of a '13 CD. I guess the low end for cash compensation in the US looks like $8,500. Been kicking tires online with Porsche configurator for '19 Cayennes, $8,500 would just cover Burmester upgrade haha. As with other CD owners, I got the 2 year warranty extension stacked on the 6 year extended I bought at the time of purchase so I will keep my CD at least until August 2020. After going around in circles looking at '19 CD and other vehicle options, it is hard to beat our vehicles for performance and efficiency. Plus I'm not super keen to be an unwitting beta tester for the new gen. If anyone follows Consumer Reports, they downgraded the 958 Cayennes, no longer recommended based on their most recent reliability data, rate it as 1 out of 5. I am lucky that my particular vehicle has been reliable, so another reason to keep it. Also, cost of upgrading per (dream) Porsche code : PKNC7997.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2017, 04:08 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

I think they downgrade any major recalls, don't they?

And can you get a '19 CD in Canada, still?
Old 12-25-2017, 07:28 PM
tmack2012
Advanced

Originally Posted by skiahh

oops sorry typo. I meant ‘19 *Cayenne*. CD not available. Same engine choices as US I am presuming.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:30 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Anyone know the best place to get info on the Touaregs?

A friend is looking for a new SUV, but not looking to spend Cayenne dollars. There are a couple in our area that, I presume, have had the fix applied if they're for sale. What's the rate off MSRP for these things or where can I find the latest on the VWs?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:33 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Anyone know the best place to get info on the Touaregs?

A friend is looking for a new SUV, but not looking to spend Cayenne dollars. There are a couple in our area that, I presume, have had the fix applied if they're for sale. What's the rate off MSRP for these things or where can I find the latest on the VWs?

Thanks!
http://www.clubtouareg.com/index.php?page=active_topics
Old 12-26-2017, 12:00 PM
tmack2012
Advanced

Re. Consumer Reports, from what I can tell they address recalls separately from their individual car ratings. For example, they still "Recommend" Audi A6 and A7 (despite their being ensnared in the diesel issue). They wrote lots about Dieselgate in a dedicated separate section and kept updating it when it first came to the fore.
The 958 Cayenne has been drifting down in CR's ratings, they give it an overall score of 56 now and it is currently ranked 13 out of 16 luxury mid sized SUV's (Q7 is #1, overall score of 90). In addition to reported reliability issues from their subscribers in their annual auto survey, the drift down also likely represents aging of this platform and the constantly moving bar in the industry as a whole.
People have varying opinions on the worth of CR's work and ratings. We had a 2009 GL 320 Bluetec and had lots of issues with it; CR predicted much worse than average reliability for that vintage GL (and the current), but we crossed our fingers and took the plunge and although it was a good vehicle (when it wasn't in the shop), the ownership experience was just a headache. At the very least the CR rating is another data point.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:49 PM
importtuner
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 71 Posts

What are some things to inquire about when shopping for the diesels, particularly the '15-'16 models?
Old 12-26-2017, 02:10 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 CD

Mid December MY 14 cd FIXED.Got 100% VW settlement in 4 days.I called Bosch line and they are confused and clueless when the Bosch payment will happen.I was told April 2020. I did not get first half Bosch payment.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:11 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my 14 CD for an unpunched 16 CD today.
Wonder when Bosch might come through.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue