Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:51 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

Seems like most cars at mecum had lack luster bidding except the laF as that was he opportunity for those with want could have.

There is just so much going on all over it would be hard to attend unless you had razor sharp focus on something wanted.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRH
Hammered at 165K at the last minute.
So "without" premium.
I checked their site for prior sales results and they are listed without it.
So more like 175K.
Yep, the 7.2 RS was sold without premium, which at 10%, wouldn't that be $181k total from the buyer? For a 9k mile car that's within range, but factor in mecum is not the place where these cars are typically traded (no PPI, generally very little information provided) this price is actually pretty good for seller.
As someone has pointed out already, it's a place for cars that may not stand up to higher level scrutiny.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
They all had graphics unless specified otherwise. This particular one had silver wheels.
Yeah not the White ones ... they were the opposite check the order guide.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

While interesting the results to me are strange as most have posted. What I also find strange is how 997.1 rs cars are even in the 997.2 rs range. Meanwhile the 4.0 continues to run away. "Rs" is being used liberally amongst the tourists.

The 997.2 is much closer to a 4.0 than a 997.1rs is to a 997.2 rs. And a standard 997.1 gt3 (the value play if you will) delivers practically identical driving dynamics to a 997.1 rs minus hips and color splashes.

Seems like people are buying with their eyes...for the moment...
Old 08-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Modena 1
While interesting the results to me are strange as most have posted. What I also find strange is how 997.1 rs cars are even in the 997.2 rs range. Meanwhile the 4.0 continues to run away. "Rs" is being used liberally amongst the tourists.

The 997.2 is much closer to a 4.0 than a 997.1rs is to a 997.2 rs. And a standard 997.1 gt3 (the value play if you will) delivers practically identical driving dynamics to a 997.1 rs minus hips and color splashes.

well they made less of the .1 than the .2 fwiw
Old 08-22-2016, 03:51 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

.1rs also has reinforced c4 tub and no sunroof which is often overlooked when comparing to .1gt3

.1rs offers its own driving character than the .2rs, it's a bit more raw experience stock to stock.

While interesting the results to me are strange as most have posted. What I also find strange is how 997.1 rs cars are even in the 997.2 rs range. Meanwhile the 4.0 continues to run away. "Rs" is being used liberally amongst the tourists. The 997.2 is much closer to a 4.0 than a 997.1rs is to a 997.2 rs. And a standard 997.1 gt3 (the value play if you will) delivers practically identical driving dynamics to a 997.1 rs minus hips and color splashes. Seems like people are buying with their eyes...for the moment...
Old 08-22-2016, 05:58 PM
ShootingStar
Racer

This just popped up.

http://fortlauderdale-south.ebizauto...-15400037.html
Old 08-22-2016, 07:52 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
Yeah not the White ones ... they were the opposite check the order guide.
The order guide was published before Carrara white was available on the RS; that was a late addition in response to massive outcry from customers who wanted white. Unless you have an updated order guide that shows something I'm not seeing.

On an earlier page of the guide it states as standard equipment:
"Flared body with lateral decorative stripe Incl. GT3 RS logo in contrasting color, 911 GT3 RS"

Old 08-22-2016, 09:29 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

I think it's just the effects of the colors that are sought after at the moment...case in point...look at the value disparity between green and orange alone. The .2 RS is a little under the radar, currently. It'll eventually make more sense in relation to RS 4.0 and .1 RS, value wise.
Check out a recent issue of Total 911 where they were singing .2 RS praises in comparison to 991 RS, but were more than a bit disparaging towards the .1 version.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by switchcars
The order guide was published before Carrara white was available on the RS; that was a late addition in response to massive outcry from customers who wanted white. Unless you have an updated order guide that shows something I'm not seeing.

On an earlier page of the guide it states as standard equipment:
"Flared body with lateral decorative stripe Incl. GT3 RS logo in contrasting color, 911 GT3 RS"
With all due respect ... and I don't want to start any kind of 'facts' war ... I beg to differ. And yes maybe I have something you are not seeing, but I always am open to correction, so let's take the high road together.

AND to start on the right foot I stand corrected on my previous post regarding the 'black bits'. I should have read more closely that white was standard with side plates at rear in black so I was wrong in that regard.

- here are images of page 1 and page 9 of the order guide. page 1 is a general description regarding the car's body. page 9 is a specific statement regarding each paint color, including the special paint colors and standard specifications.

- the date of the order guide I am sharing 11/2006.

- all colors are listed concurrently.

- the first U.S. 2007 GT3RS cars were produced in March 2007.

- there must be a reason that some white cars have option code CNL and others do not.

I leave it up to others to decide ...

Name:  2007 GT3RS Order Guide Page 1.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  157.9 KB
Name:  2007 GT3RS Order Guide Page 9.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  65.3 KB
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is fair to say that people always buy with their eyes…..Especially since most of the cars purchased in a setting such as the mecum auction never see the track as a final destination….Also, as someone who has owned a .2 and a .1, I respectfully disagree with you on the mathematical relationship between the different models. If you have ever driven a .1 RS, I honestly think it may have had something wrong with it! Come and drive mine….it may change your mind
Old 08-23-2016, 02:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

with regard to color.
the guide so posted indicate white was avaialbe.
i have 07 and 08 RS that i ordered.
the 07 was the 3rd car delivered by the largest dealer in nor cal. at time of order, the guide i was given do nOT have white as a color. white eventually became available but i dont recall if it was late 07 or early 08

i dont have paper or guides now. but i asked zillion times when i ordered my 07 orange if i can get white (as all my GT cars prior to 2007 were white), and the answer i get over and oever is NO

perhaps my dealer was stupid : CARLSEN.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:47 AM
karmx7
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
.1rs also has reinforced c4 tub and no sunroof which is often overlooked when comparing to .1gt3

.1rs offers its own driving character than the .2rs, it's a bit more raw experience stock to stock.
I've always been under the impression that both the GT3 and RS used the C4/S tub, the only difference being the wider rear fenders, stiffness is the same. The sunroof is an obvious difference.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Flachbau
With all due respect ... and I don't want to start any kind of 'facts' war ... I beg to differ. And yes maybe I have something you are not seeing, but I always am open to correction, so let's take the high road together.

AND to start on the right foot I stand corrected on my previous post regarding the 'black bits'. I should have read more closely that white was standard with side plates at rear in black so I was wrong in that regard.

- here are images of page 1 and page 9 of the order guide. page 1 is a general description regarding the car's body. page 9 is a specific statement regarding each paint color, including the special paint colors and standard specifications.

- the date of the order guide I am sharing 11/2006.

- all colors are listed concurrently.

- the first U.S. 2007 GT3RS cars were produced in March 2007.

- there must be a reason that some white cars have option code CNL and others do not.

I leave it up to others to decide ...

Attachment 1082759
Attachment 1082760
Thank you. You do indeed have a later order guide than I do. Mine was the preliminary order guide that was published before white became an option on the RS.

Would you mind forwarding me that one if you have it in PDF form?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:00 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,056 Likes on 578 Posts

White was not available at all in the pre-order batch of 2007 RS. When it was available about halfway through, it was something like a 5000 PTS up charge.

In regards to the cars at Mecum, the white/red 997.2 RS was a steal. Very nice car and the seller had PPi data and results in a binder on the windshield of the car.

I know the owner of the 490 mile white 4.0 RS, and his car was obviously immaculate and cost the buyer over 550k.

The issue with Mecum is that a lot of people are bargain hunting there, but unlike their other auctions- the pebble one seems them bringing out fantastic examples.

The red Enzo, f40 with 550 miles, 599 GTO, 997 RS 4.0, 150 mile CGT, green 997 RS, FGT Heritage, Vulcan, LaFerrari, etc etc are all really awesome collector cars.

The guys that bought the super high end stuff there did really well. I was mostly at RM and Gooding due to my event schedule but I examined all the Mecum cars since I stayed there at the Hyatt.

Secret collector is a better judge of the top top tier of cars than I am but I would say that the main limiting factor in any of the auction prices this year was condition. Some people tried to sneak some crappy restorations and potential time bombs through auction and didn't get good results. In order to really ring the bell you need to have a super rare and super desirable no BS no doubt car.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...