Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

The seller appears to be Renny Bettan, he works for Porsche Prestige in Montreal, which is where the photo was taken. He was one of the parties involved in the transaction when I purchased my RS from Canada in the spring. I know he has a 997-2 RS, so that may be his personal car he's selling. Or not. Best thing is to reach out to him.

If everything checks out and at that price, I'd be all over this car if I didn't already have one in my garage.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:58 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
meissen or not.
i dont have the $ to buy it.
but the collector mindset is very valid.
we all have the same thoughts but not necessarily in cars.
for example, if i can and had the money, i really want to be 28 years old again.
some of you, if can and had the money, would pay a lot of it to have a vacation with your decease loved one, for example.
maybe buy back the childhood family compound, fix it up, have the extended family all come by (maybe not my mother in law.... )
in my mind, these DREAMS are all the same, some manifest in cars, some in other material or spiritual realms.
some ppl can and have the money to buy a car that they didn't get to buy when they were new.
i bet if PAG re-issued an authentic abarth quad cam, the major collectors will not hesitate a minute to shove out 10MM for it.

when you have 5-10B, these cars are really just rounding errors.
we had one insane client who bought a G8 and decide he didnt like it after delivery, so promptly bought another jet. did NOT even blink an eye. just made ONE phone call.
no, i dont have 10B, so i dont have these worries, YET ;-)
So well said Mooty.

And I agree about the new spending habits of the One Percent. (More accurately, the 0.50 Percenters). Their car buying habit is fast and furious. And like you said, Why not? They have the money.

Weirdly, this reminds me of the 'chicks who love guns' scene in the movie Jackie Brown. Samuel L. Jackson goes on to explain the mindset of the young gangsta: "The killa on TV got a .45-- DEY want a .45"

Old 08-13-2016, 07:05 PM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
The seller appears to be Renny Bettan, he works for Porsche Prestige in Montreal, which is where the photo was taken. He was one of the parties involved in the transaction when I purchased my RS from Canada in the spring. I know he has a 997-2 RS, so that may be his personal car he's selling. Or not. Best thing is to reach out to him.

If everything checks out and at that price, I'd be all over this car if I didn't already have one in my garage.
I know the car and the previous owner. He's one of the best drivers in our neck of the woods and he was my instructor when I started doing DE's. Having been in that car as a passenger around the track is why I went out and bought an RS. He just traded it for a GT4. It's been on track but from what I know, well maintained. It has a bit of road rash on the front bumper but overall it's in great shape. Don't know if it has overrevs, but any buyer can check that easily.

Here a quick video I took of the car 2 years ago.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:51 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 268 Posts

Going to look at a .2RS this week. Any advice on what to look for when looking at the car and driving it? Never driven an RS before (only 991s non-GT cars). Hope to get it on a lift so I can get a good up-skirt view.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:10 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SGRPDK
I know the car and the previous owner. He's one of the best drivers in our neck of the woods and he was my instructor when I started doing DE's. Having been in that car as a passenger around the track is why I went out and bought an RS. He just traded it for a GT4. It's been on track but from what I know, well maintained. It has a bit of road rash on the front bumper but overall it's in great shape. Don't know if it has overrevs, but any buyer can check that easily.

Here a quick video I took of the car 2 years ago.

GT3 RS Aquablue - YouTube
I was very close to buying this car. Got a PPI and chose to pass.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:11 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
How come?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:28 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, some details are unavoidable now?
Old 08-17-2016, 10:26 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by squid42
Well, some details are unavoidable now?
I invested a lot of time and some $$ to vet this car. Let's just say it was heavily tracked.

On a separat note, can anyone tell me how an odometer discrepancy can occur on a (presumably) accident-free car? How is a rollback even possible on a modern vehicle??
Old 08-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Sleepy996
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

It can occur when a car goes in for service and the mileage is reported incorrectly by the service department or sometimes carfax just screws up and has a clerical error. More common then you would think.

I invested a lot of time and some $$ to vet this car. Let's just say it was heavily tracked.

On a separat note, can anyone tell me how an odometer discrepancy can occur on a (presumably) accident-free car? How is a rollback even possible on a modern vehicle??
Old 08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sleepy996
It can occur when a car goes in for service and the mileage is reported incorrectly by the service department or sometimes carfax just screws up and has a clerical error. More common then you would think.
Thanks. Yes, that possibility did cross my mind. Unfortunately, that error turns into a big flag on these vehicle history reports.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:06 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

In the US if it is indeed an error the shop that did the work can resubmit the repair and request Carfax to correct the record.

I don't know how this process works in Canada, they have a similar reporting agency Car Proof, but dealing with all of this from the US could add another layer of complications. It's really the seller who should straighten out the situation and not burden a buyer with any of this.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:27 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

I do not even understand how carfax is able to have this info even reported to them like its a .gov, then charge the dealers, and consumers to utilize it.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:49 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

clerical error. i had it
Old 08-18-2016, 12:51 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
clerical error. i had it
Yup. Seller confirmed this. They fixed it on Carfax but not on the Autocheck. Will hopefully be rectified.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:52 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,056 Likes on 578 Posts

I invested a lot of time and some $$ to vet this car. Let's just say it was heavily tracked. On a separat note, can anyone tell me how an odometer discrepancy can occur on a (presumably) accident-free car? How is a rollback even possible on a modern vehicle??

Happened on mine. I called to update the title and said it has FIVE thousand miles. They wrote NINE. Took months to fix. Wanted to murder someone.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...