Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 08:25 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm actually a serious purchaser for that vehicle. Just got the DME report and posted it in a previous thread came back clean with 27 ignitions in range 1, clean PPI. My only downside is the lack of transparency and history of the car...So far theres been upgrades made to the..

Stereo (~7k)
D4 package tune up from Dundon
half cage

Ding on the rear quarter panel - facing outwards.
Cracked driver side tail light

Just not sure if I appreciate the stereo and half cage - also whats not included are the OEM exhaust and stereo..
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 08:35 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviato
I'm actually a serious purchaser for that vehicle. Just got the DME report and posted it in a previous thread came back clean with 27 ignitions in range 1, clean PPI. My only downside is the lack of transparency and history of the car...So far theres been upgrades made to the..

Stereo (~7k)
half cage

Just not sure if I appreciate the stereo and half cage - also whats not included are the OEM exhaust and stereo..
Does it have the full D4 from Dundon or just the tune?...

Nvm looked through it... if you had the original parts it would be pretty easy to recoup $15k out of this on the D4. Although I warn anyone buying dundon 1.0 cats, I could never get them to pass in my other car so I would make them send you a OBDII output.

Without the ceramic disks its a wash imo with the Dundon.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 03-14-2023 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:37 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

I believe its the full - the previous owner was Will Heaton who runs his own motorsports here in the PNW
Old 03-14-2023, 09:16 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 276 Posts

for what its worth, this car was offered at 295K USD by rsc motors vancouver. not sure what the sale price was.

Last edited by neurotic; 03-14-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:06 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Stereo (~7k)
half cage

Regarding the outward dent, that is due to rivets that fell from the window seal, into the rear quarter panel when the car was repainted. If it’s pretty noticeable it’s likely already cracked the paint so you’ll be able to reduce the visibility of it by removing the rivets and doing PDR (paintless dent removal), but to fully correct you’ll need to repaint the panel.

I had this situation on a prior 997. I’ve borescoped the inner rear quarter if you’d like pics.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:08 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Regarding the outward dent, that is due to rivets that fell from the window seal, into the rear quarter panel when the car was repainted. If it’s pretty noticeable it’s likely already cracked the paint so you’ll be able to reduce the visibility of it by removing the rivets and doing PDR (paintless dent removal), but to fully correct you’ll need to repaint the panel.

I had this situation on a prior 997. I’ve borescoped the inner rear quarter if you’d like pics.
Oo - this is good to know! I've been trying to wrap my head as to how on earth this had happened to begin with.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:21 PM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 173 Posts

D4 package seems pretty awesome. You wont ever miss the stock exhaust, dont worry!
Old 03-14-2023, 10:46 PM
jbooker
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr

How do you know this car has been repainted? I’m not a buyer on this car, just curious if you figured that out from the pics or if you know some history on it.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:54 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by jbooker
How do you know this car has been repainted? I’m not a buyer on this car, just curious if you figured that out from the pics or if you know some history on it.
I think he’s saying those rivets don’t come loose otherwise. Have heard mixed accounts on that though. No first-hand knowledge.
The following users liked this post:
jbooker (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 11:22 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

This white/mint green .2 RS is now sold. Last advertised price was $285k. The gray/gold .2 RS on BaT is already up to $276k.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:40 PM
vudores
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 54 Posts

For the stereo you could replace it with PCCM+ and get a way better OEM unit than what originally came for the car. Alternatively if you wanted an original stereo I’m pretty sure you could source one used; I plan to swap mine for the PCCM+ and I’m sure there are many who already have and have the old one laying around. Don’t let the stereo keep you from getting a 997 GT3 if most your other wants are met!
Old 03-15-2023, 12:05 AM
Aviato
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vudores
For the stereo you could replace it with PCCM+ and get a way better OEM unit than what originally came for the car. Alternatively if you wanted an original stereo I’m pretty sure you could source one used; I plan to swap mine for the PCCM+ and I’m sure there are many who already have and have the old one laying around. Don’t let the stereo keep you from getting a 997 GT3 if most your other wants are met!
I agree, I think i'm gonna get the car paint gauged tomorrow and move forward from there. I am concerned why the bumper was removed and the rivet creating the outward dent and if the car was repainted at one time.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:08 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
I think he’s saying those rivets don’t come loose otherwise. Have heard mixed accounts on that though. No first-hand knowledge.
Painting a quarter panel will not break loose rivets. If I recall correctly, it's happened when the rear quarter glass was replaced. Could have been broken glass or a faulty gasket, but replacing the glass lead to the rivets breaking loose.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:22 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

I'm talking to the owner that won the Gooding and Company 2500 mile Grey Black RS. He said he had a change of heart and doesn't have what it takes to do the rebuild, he paid $268k and ready to negotiate. It's got 302 shrink wrapped parts/clips sitting in storage in Seattle, I have all the details and receipts ($60k in parts of which prob $25k recoverable, total build $109k)

3 New Sets of Track Wheels/Tires ($28k) + Original Set

Doors + hood are in bubble wrap

The only thing I haven't fount out is how the cage is attached if its welded or bolted, I would guess bolted given the amount of time Cantrell spent doing parts inventory, everything else is reversible and not complicated... just time consuming.

PM me if your interested and want a project... told him I wouldn't connect him to tire kickers, or non-members, as I've mentioned before the owner unfortunately passed away in Aug before he had a chance to use it.

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/2011-p...7-gt3-rs-38-1/

Last edited by Wonderdan; 03-15-2023 at 12:49 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
Elliotw44 (03-15-2023), mikes70 (03-15-2023), RennReddy (03-15-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 06:20 AM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
I'm talking to the owner that won the Gooding and Company 2500 mile Grey Black RS. He said he had a change of heart and doesn't have what it takes to do the rebuild, he paid $268k and ready to negotiate. It's got 302 shrink wrapped parts/clips sitting in storage in Seattle, I have all the details and receipts ($60k in parts of which prob $25k recoverable, total build $109k)

3 New Sets of Track Wheels/Tires ($28k) + Original Set

Doors + hood are in bubble wrap

The only thing I haven't fount out is how the cage is attached if its welded or bolted, I would guess bolted given the amount of time Cantrell spent doing parts inventory, everything else is reversible and not complicated... just time consuming.

PM me if your interested and want a project... told him I wouldn't connect him to tire kickers, or non-members, as I've mentioned before the owner unfortunately passed away in Aug before he had a chance to use it.

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/2011-p...7-gt3-rs-38-1/
Weren’t you bidding and wanting this one??

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...