Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 09:30 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dph928
Did you go into the T3launcher or just fiddled in those screens?
I went into both. I've been going out for drives every day and loving the ability to have Android Auto wirelessly so I haven't been too focused on it. Being able to jump in and go is great. Plus the old charger in the armrest console works just fine. And I don't have to worry about swapping out the USB cable every few months from wear and tear. I've probably put more miles on since getting the new PCCM plus than I normally would in 6 months. My OCD is starting to let me accept the slight color difference but now I've been distracted by trying to use the wireless dongle to adjust the DPI to make it split screen like our other vehicles. Can't seem to leave well enough alone, it seems.

I guess everyone has noticed that when you get a phone call the number shows on the instrument cluster as well as in Android Auto. Would be nice if the music name did that.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:33 PM
funcars
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by svandamme
Can confirm.. MP3 tag for album is what sorts out Back/Forward or shuffle
However... for browsing, you still need the directory structure, since the browsing really only works on the file system.
Wait -- you see a directory structure when you hit browse? What do you see? I don't - just a huge flat list of files. USB stick is 128GB/USB3/FAT32 filesystem.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:51 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Are the buttons on the bottom supposed to illuminate?
Old 01-26-2023, 12:11 AM
Carrera01
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You sure it wasn't jut a longer pickup because it was the first time looking for satelites?? first time always takes forever.
Only other thing I can think off, is the sport chrono thingie magic blocking signals , I don't have that on my dash and satnav picks up fine.
Yes, that may be the case, I initially placed on the shelf, turned on the Nav – NO sync and that was after 5-10mins. Grabbed the antenna and stuck it on the A pillar synced up immediately. Hence since FGP placed it on the A pillar and it was quick and simple as the covers were off, that’s where it remained. I Also do not have Sports Crono however being “down under” signal strengths here may differ to other parts of the globe etc
Old 01-26-2023, 01:42 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by funcars
Wait -- you see a directory structure when you hit browse? What do you see? I don't - just a huge flat list of files. USB stick is 128GB/USB3/FAT32 filesystem.

Well, its not like i see a directory tree.. but it shows the directory its playing in

and with BACK button you go up a level..:

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Are the buttons on the bottom supposed to illuminate?
yes they do for me, slightly brighter than the rest of the buttons, will see if i can dim them via the android menu

Last edited by svandamme; 01-26-2023 at 08:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by svandamme:
daddyscar (01-26-2023), Woodsprite (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 09:04 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Found an LED setting, does nothing for the buttons tho.
suspect its some built in function that Porsche doesn't use, to attach an LED strip or something for mood lighting..
Also some USB port settings, option to set port 0 1 or 2, but its a selection probably just to select the port ID, not that there are actual multiple ports

Old 01-26-2023, 09:11 AM
medicus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=svandamme;18594137]Found an LED setting, does nothing for the buttons tho.
suspect its some built in function that Porsche doesn't use, to attach an LED strip or something for mood lighting..
Also some USB port settings, option to set port 0 1 or 2, but its a selection probably just to select the port ID, not that there are actual multiple ports

What happens if you press port 0 or1 or 2 longer? Is another menu also possible? Where can you possibly change the USB mode?
Old 01-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Carfan1
Advanced

Found an LED setting, does nothing for the buttons tho.

Is that the default setting that you took a pic of? In other words if I simply set the first group at R71 the normal color will be returned on my screen?
Old 01-26-2023, 09:29 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

No idea, didn't see much happening...
not been able to find LED dimmer in android menu either.
theres a wifi option, but seems to be hard locked, suspect lacking proper antenna...

where : press factory reset for 10+ seconds and you get those menu's..
But quite frankly didn't find much useful, perhaps somebody who knows android OS in and out could do something more, but didn't want to screw things up either so err'ed on the safe side..
Old 01-26-2023, 09:35 AM
Carfan1
Advanced

I wasn't paying careful attention and I randomly changed some values on the screens and now the color on screen is a little off. I should have taken pics in advance so that I could do a before and after. Looks like though you took a pic without making any changes so later today I'll try setting it back to R71.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:09 AM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
You can go into maintenance mode and hit update button. That brings up another screen that allows you to update Sirius logo data. I hit it and it took about 20 seconds and came back with success on the screen. I exited the maintenance menus and went back to xm and sure enough all the station logos were there. Then the thing updates with a circling logo on top left and they disappear. The thing is then Sirius slowly tries to update them into the screen over time, but none of them stick when you turn off the car. Next time you turn on radio all logos are gone.
How do you get into Maintenance mode?
Old 01-26-2023, 11:24 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

I'll need to mess with mine more to see why the buttons aren't lighting up. I need to pull it back out to finish the fm antenna connection. Power on/off is not consistent either. I turned off the standby mode and it still doesn't turn off with the car. I just lock the car and it's off when I get back. It usually turns off when I unlock the car but sometimes I have to manually turn it on.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:17 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Maintenance mode - Go to Factory Reset and hold for at least 10+ seconds. Proceed with caution as previously noted above!
Old 01-26-2023, 01:48 PM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daddyscar
I'll need to mess with mine more to see why the buttons aren't lighting up. I need to pull it back out to finish the fm antenna connection. Power on/off is not consistent either. I turned off the standby mode and it still doesn't turn off with the car. I just lock the car and it's off when I get back. It usually turns off when I unlock the car but sometimes I have to manually turn it on.
Sounds like your canbus is not connected
Do you see outside temp in the car section of the PCCM+
does the trip computer work?

How is your connection done?
The Green/yellow connector does the canbus

Everything radio/music/nav wise can work, but if that one is not plugged in properly : your PCCM+ will not interact with the car.
No dash nav directions
No temp or speed or trim info on the pccm+
No auto power on/off with the ignition key
The following users liked this post:
Spastblast (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 02:30 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Sounds like your canbus is not connected
Do you see outside temp in the car section of the PCCM+
does the trip computer work?

How is your connection done?
The Green/yellow connector does the canbus

Everything radio/music/nav wise can work, but if that one is not plugged in properly : your PCCM+ will not interact with the car.
No dash nav directions
No temp or speed or trim info on the pccm+
No auto power on/off with the ignition key
That must be it. I have all of those symptoms besides the nav because I haven't tried it. I thought I plugged in the canbus but maybe not firmly enough. I'll check it out this afternoon. Thank you so much for you help! I was starting to think I had a faulty unit.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request