Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 09:39 PM
Chris L
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Confirming that all I needed was a SiriusXM SXV300V1 Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner Kit and the adapter cable comes with the PCCM+.

Chris.
The following users liked this post:
defunct_neurons (08-11-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 09:43 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes that’s correct Chris. Put the tuner box right on the shelf. Fits great there.
defunct_neurons (08-11-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 09:44 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I would suggest under the passenger side cowl for sat antenna location.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:44 PM
funcars
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
My USB stick is working fine but tags or labels are random. Maybe 40% of mine are showing. The name of the song always pops up though once playing.
Could you describe your USB stick and operation? As in directory structure, what you get to choose on the PCCM+, and what is displayed? I'm sorta surprised about what I'm seeing once I got some music re-encoded... Here's my info:

FAT32 USB with artist\album\track hierarchy. Files are mp3 with tags including art - I need to find the version of the tag. The PCCM+ reads the stick pretty quickly (only 5 albums on it from a few artists), and displays the horizontal squares with album art, one for each TRACK. There doesn't seem to be any way to view by artist or album or genre - just individual track. When I'm playing one, the filename shows up under the center square (eg, "05 This is the fifth track.mp3"). When I click on the playlist, I get what looks like a list of filenames.

I'm wondering if this is because of some meta data issue and the PCCM just doesn't know I have artists/albums. Everything looks like a flat list of tracks (although the artwork for each is correct).

Anyone get the pccm to display a list of albums?
Woodsprite (01-26-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 11:23 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by benessere
I finally had the time to try a factory reset. The same error issues occurred. When the Nav button was pressed and the message of "No SD Card" was display, I insert the SD card in, waited a few seconds and pressed Nav and the error came back. When I un-clicked the SD card, the message changed to "SD inserted", but a Nav button press resulted in the same error message.

I think there is a BIOS issue with the PCCM + unit since it doesn't recognize the SD card when inserted but when extracted it claims the SD card is inserted. I'm returning the SD card back to Gaudin where I purchased the card for a credit, since they don't have a replacement unit in stock.

Thanks for the suggestion.

jnb
Ugh, sorry that didn't work for you. And just to confirm, you have the metal contacts facing up, correct? Unless there is an easy fix for the multiple states that aren't included on that SD card, I have a feeling there will be a bunch of us needing to return ours.

Originally Posted by Carrera01
Thanks, GIG you are correct the micro slides into the larger SD from the bottom. Also are the locking CAMs still used now with the PCCM+ or do the new spring-based levers make the CAMs redundant - I have not pushed mine all the way back in yet.
Sorry for the delayed response. No, the cams from the old PCM are not needed. The spring levers keep the new PCCM+ aligned and in place, and the set screw on the right side of the center stack snugs the PCCM+ down so it doesn't move.
Carrera01 (01-23-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 04:09 AM
medicus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anybody know if I can upgrade the device to a newer Android version myself? Or is it dangerous because I can brickthe device?
Old 01-24-2023, 04:09 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
My USB stick is working fine but tags or labels are random. Maybe 40% of mine are showing. The name of the song always pops up though once playing.
you need to edit the files, it needs MP3 tags per file, it does not read anything from the directory , other than the file name.

I used mp3tag

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
The following 2 users liked this post by svandamme:
babylonboots (01-24-2023), Woodsprite (01-26-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 04:13 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Thanks for the documentation!

There are definitely problems with USB thumb drives. The one I use in my truck and my wife's Macan has every CD we own on it, and it works fine on those vehicles. The PCCM+ does not even recognize it as a USB drive.

Thinking it is perhaps a PCCM+ memory capacity problem, I created a new USB thumb drive with a *single* album on it. No va. The PCCM+ *did* recognize there was a drive inserted but could not find the data. Next, I created a drive with a *single* song on the root directory (i.e., no folders). The PCCM+ recognized the drive and started playing the song immediately. I then added all the rest of the songs for that album on the root directory of the thumb drive, and they all worked as expected (no album art, though).

It appears the PCCM+ does not recognize directories (i.e., albums) or anything in them. Piling the songs from every album I own in the root directory seems impossible to manage. Must I have a thumb drive for *each* album I own? This system seems more complicated than the 6 CD changer ever was.

Maybe there's a trick I have not uncovered yet?

it only reads up to 64 gb, bigger format won't read
and yes, it does seem to ignore any kind of directories..

I solved it with a flat directory, and renaming the files by type
E electronic
R rock
H rap(hiphop)

That kinda gives me some control, and its fine since thats kinda how i did it on the MP3 CD in PCM2.1 I don't generally listen to albums but I tend to put in my mix of the month.. (80ies kid)
Woodsprite (01-26-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 04:19 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medicus
Does anybody know if I can upgrade the device to a newer Android version myself? Or is it dangerous because I can brickthe device?
Pretty sure it would be possible, but it would not be for the feint of heart.
yes you could brick it.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:21 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
I have mine on top of the shelf, next to the most box. (no Sirius in EU), works just fine..
Steven C. (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 04:23 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonan
where are you guys sourcing these? i'm still on the suncoast waiting list...
check teile.com, german based, but they have US spec pccm+ and will ship
I think they can ship without VAT for US, so that would be great price

https://teile.com/en/search/99764259000
Old 01-24-2023, 12:06 PM
Spastblast
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 964hans
I contacted Porsche The Netherlands about the colour. It is Grey only they said.
So I decided to disassemble the PCCM and take of the trim to spray it. Well removing the trim did not work because I did not have the guts to continue disassembling. There is a lot of electronics mounted on the trim.

Regards
Hans
Looks like this picture from Hans shows how the front USB port is connected to the PCB, right? Would it be possible to simply disconnect that ribbon cable, connect your own USB ribbon cable and route it out the back/top/side to have a hidden USB port, that we could use for wireless Carplay? Maybe using a PC or laptop part?
Old 01-24-2023, 12:31 PM
964hans
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi

Then you should take into account the part mounted on the Front USB connector. I can't determine if it is a capacitor or resistor
Hans

Old 01-24-2023, 01:34 PM
Spastblast
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 964hans
Hi

Then you should take into account the part mounted on the Front USB connector. I can't determine if it is a capacitor or resistor
Hans
I could be wrong, but shouldn’t we be looking at the connector on the opposite side? Since the right front port is USB and we’re now looking at it from the back (therefore, left and right being flipped)?
Old 01-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
Meaning up behind the center air vents? I'm awaiting my PCCM and considering placement for the GPS and Sirius antennae. (Car is a cab...)

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request