Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 01:10 PM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfan1
My map doesn't show either. I only got the SD card because I couldn't get the clock to synchronize without it. I use Android Auto everywhere I go. Hopefully they'll get this sorted out soon. Still loving my PCCM +
There are options to sync the clock , GPS, or RDS or Manual..
do you have RDS signal in the USA?? it synced fine for me on RDS

as for album art and sorting.
It is still very much confused if you edit the tags after a file was already read by the PCCM
Suspect the onboard android adds the tags to a catalog for the usb stick, which then fails to update or gets confused if the file data updates, it won't reread.

Solution, rename the volume name of the USB Stick so it forces a reread of the usb stick as if it was another stick

Last edited by svandamme; 01-29-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:11 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Any state after NewYork (alphabetically) will not show up in the maps
Old 01-29-2023, 03:42 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
Any state after NewYork (alphabetically) will not show up in the maps
The PCCM Plus operating manual states that the Navigation system is covered in a separate "Navigation Manual". I searched for it (unsuccessfully). This issue may be addressed in said manual.

Here's the link that I have. The Navigation manuals aren't avallable in any location as all links in all languages for all areas are dead at this time... Reason given: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

PCCM Plus Operating and Navigation Manuals
Old 01-29-2023, 03:45 PM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

I just noticed that my right door no longer opens with the remote.
That was not the case before, So the PCCM+ did something.
But it does not seem to work to change the setting without the engine running, not even with the ignition on..
that may be the important part : that engine needs to run for those memory settings to catch..
And I think the setting only works if you change the state while engine is running.. so the setting in PCCM won't catch if you don't turn it off and on again whilst engine runs.

Will confirm tomorrow morning (I don't cold start the car unless I will have a good warm up drive after starting)
Hopefully that will make the DRL work as well.

Can confirm however that changing USB volume name
resets all the album art, it does a full fresh read and it stops being confused
I'll just increment the name each time I update the usb stick
PORSCHE101
PORSCHE102
PORSCHE103
etc

Last edited by svandamme; 01-29-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:50 PM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by babylonboots
The PCCM Plus operating manual states that the Navigation system is covered in a separate "Navigation Manual". I searched for it (unsuccessfully). This issue may be addressed in said manual.

Here's the link that I have. The Navigation manuals aren't avallable in any location as all links in all languages for all areas are dead at this time... Reason given: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

PCCM Plus Operating and Navigation Manuals

I can download nav manual just fine from that page, europe or US

Manual EU
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...C42129A2B.ashx

NAV EU
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...C26E0D70E.ashx

Manual US
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...40E6F7F5D.ashx

NAV US
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...EF36652CF.ashx

Sirius XM
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...835F14724.ashx

FAQ
https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...4597A83F0.ashx
Old 01-29-2023, 04:40 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

If you take your nav card out and place it in a windows based laptop and access the drive, the nav manual is in there.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:52 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

I think there was some discussion around removing unnecessary states from their card, maybe saving them onto a folder onto their computer, and then trying the SD card. Has anyone tried that and did it work? I won't be installing my unit for another two months so I can't test it. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2023, 04:53 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Already tried this. It is definitely a firmware issue within the PCCM unit itself.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:13 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
Already tried this. It is definitely a firmware issue within the PCCM unit itself.
Thanks, let us know what you hear from your local dealer, once they hear back from Porsche Classic. Would really appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:17 PM
Carrera01
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by medicus
I.e., unlike the old PCM, can I simply pull out the new PCCM+ after installation without removing the side panels? That would be great.
Unfortunately, no, to get the PCCM+ out you need to depress the 4 leavers, 2 on each side and simultaneously pull (used a 2nd pair of hands), which is impossible with the side panels fitted.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:54 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by svandamme
I just noticed that my right door no longer opens with the remote.
That was not the case before, So the PCCM+ did something.
But it does not seem to work to change the setting without the engine running, not even with the ignition on..
that may be the important part : that engine needs to run for those memory settings to catch..
And I think the setting only works if you change the state while engine is running.. so the setting in PCCM won't catch if you don't turn it off and on again whilst engine runs.

Will confirm tomorrow morning (I don't cold start the car unless I will have a good warm up drive after starting)
Hopefully that will make the DRL work as well.

Can confirm however that changing USB volume name
resets all the album art, it does a full fresh read and it stops being confused
I'll just increment the name each time I update the usb stick
PORSCHE101
PORSCHE102
PORSCHE103
etc
Mine sets the car settings without the engine running. In the personal settings you can chose to unlock just the driver or both doors with the key.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:59 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera01
Unfortunately, no, to get the PCCM+ out you need to depress the 4 leavers, 2 on each side and simultaneously pull (used a 2nd pair of hands), which is impossible with the side panels fitted.
I don't understand this removal question? The new unit got rid of the plastic allen head depressors and substituted phillips head bolts. Just screw all 4 of these clockwise and the tabs will be pulled inward and the unit will slide out. If you didn't loosen all 4 before putting it in the console it is locked in. I played with these to understand them before my install. A better system than the old unit!
The following 3 users liked this post by Steven C.:
maxw (01-30-2023), skl2 (01-30-2023), tornadosailor (01-30-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 10:46 PM
Carrera01
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
I don't understand this removal question? The new unit got rid of the plastic allen head depressors and substituted phillips head bolts. Just screw all 4 of these clockwise and the tabs will be pulled inward and the unit will slide out. If you didn't loosen all 4 before putting it in the console it is locked in. I played with these to understand them before my install. A better system than the old unit!
I think the question is - how do you pull it out again once it is clicked into final position and the side covers are back in place. It needs the side covers removed to be able to get at the tabs, phillips head bolts and so on
Old 01-30-2023, 12:42 AM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks for that info. I tried two other browsers, then finally was able to get to the manual using a VPN connection. Could be that the manuals are regionally blocked, at least that's the way it seems. I'm in USA...

Last edited by babylonboots; 01-30-2023 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:46 AM
nikandriko
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanla997
The camera installed was a redeen lip cam. I'll have to get a picture up later. It's very discrete and hardly noticeable from the back of the car. I do a lot of work on my car, but I am not skilled with electronic installations. I asked the shop owner what he did and he said it was complicated. They worked on the car for an entire day before they figured it out. He said that he had to find another pin connection for the back of the unit since it didn't have one. I realize this is probably not very helpful and can try getting more information.

The camera works perfectly. It interrupts whatever is playing on the PCCM when the car is put into reverse. Music is muted but still audible when you're reversing.
@ryanla997 it would be great if the shop owner could let us know which pin that is. Below is the connectivity diagram of the Rydeen CM-LIP4 camera that you installed. PT3 under Scenario A is the reverse trigger from the camera that needs to be spliced into some cable in PCCM Plus. (My hypothesis is that this might be the yellow cable next to the FAKRA connector.) It would be great if the shop owner can let us know. Or, if easier, could you take a picture of the back of your unit with all the connectors? Thanks.

Last edited by nikandriko; 01-30-2023 at 01:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request