It's ok.

We still like you.
Oh, thank goodness.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
maybe pnh is not as innocent as you’d like them to be. They may not advertise it openly but if some stranger walks in with an open check he is gonna come out with a gt allocation
All that I know is that they take care of their good repeat customers (that pool has probably shrank as some of their customers flipped their cars given the big premiums over MSRP and got black listed), if they sell a few of their GT allocations for market price so be it.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
tell us how it’s done Mr. Flipper.
Don't ask me, I have no clue as I've never bought or sold a car on BAT.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Oh so anyone that sells their car at market value is a flipper? hahaha

By the way, 'pimping' your cars back to your dealer so they can then sell at market price... how it that any better/worse than someone just selling at market price?

You seem to have this 'holier than thou' perspective when in reality the pot just needs to meet the kettle
Let's see....buy a car from an MSRP dealer, own the car for less than a year, car has less than 1,000 miles, and sell it to the highest bidder on an auction site like BAT....hmm, if it looks like a flipper and sounds like a flipper guess what....it's a flipper.

I don't "pimp" my cars back to the dealer. I view my trading back the GT cars that they sell as a mutually beneficial business relationship by me returning the favor of them providing me MSRP allocations, especially within the PTS windows. No begging, searching, pleading, hoping, etc required on my part....just wait my turn. They sell me GT cars at MSRP so why shouldn't I return the favor by trading the cars back to them when I'm done with them? It's not a "holier than thou" perspective, it's more of a "fair is fair" perspective and there are many others on RL who share the same philosophy. My real estate clients are loyal because I take care of them and I'm loyal to my service providers (lenders, contractors, inspectors, etc) so why shouldn't I be loyal back to my dealer who takes care of me? I value my relationship with them more than some ADMs that I can collect by auctioning out my cars. Between the market ADMs that I saved by paying MSRP for my Touring and GT4RS I saved enough to pay for the Taycan GTS ST that I ordered from them and have it shipped to me.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:46 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's see....buy a car from an MSRP dealer, own the car for less than a year, car has less than 1,000 miles, and sell it to the highest bidder on an auction site like BAT....hmm, if it looks like a flipper and sounds like a flipper guess what....it's a flipper.

I don't "pimp" my cars back to the dealer. I view my trading back the GT cars that they sell as a mutually beneficial business relationship by me returning the favor of them providing me MSRP allocations, especially within the PTS windows. No begging, searching, pleading, hoping, etc required on my part....just wait my turn. They sell me GT cars at MSRP so why shouldn't I return the favor by trading the cars back to them when I'm done with them? It's not a "holier than thou" perspective, it's more of a "fair is fair" perspective and there are many others on RL who share the same philosophy. My real estate clients are loyal because I take care of them and I'm loyal to my service providers (lenders, contractors, inspectors, etc) so why shouldn't I be loyal back to my dealer who takes care of me? I value my relationship with them more than some ADMs that I can collect by auctioning out my cars. Between the market ADMs that I saved by paying MSRP for my Touring and GT4RS I saved enough to pay for the Taycan GTS ST that I ordered from them and have it shipped to me.
well that’s my point… to me you’re a flipper. To the guy on BAT, you think he’s a flipper

flippers gonna flip right?
The following users liked this post:
993TurboS (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 07:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

well that’s my point… to me you’re a flipper. To the guy on BAT, you think he’s a flipper

flippers gonna flip right?
I'm a horrible flipper then.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:02 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

it’s ok, you got a nice touring for few more miles
Old 03-06-2023, 09:06 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

You are not a flipper by the standard definition but, as I (and others) said before, you certainly pay ADM (just not directly) - which is totally fine and your arrangement makes a lot of sense given your situation. I just think you need to realize it doesn’t work well for others and maybe be a bit more open to other arrangements that might not actually work for you but are perfectly reasonable. For example: someone paying a large adm because they don’t give two f’s and just want the car now. That doesn’t exactly work for me either but I get why someone might do it.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:09 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 478 Posts

A flipped 992,1 gt3 is the only way anyone is going to get a 992.1 GT3 now...dealer has confirmed, no more new allocations, at all and This is the last calendar production year, so guess we will see what happens to the values.

Last edited by sechsgang; 03-06-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:25 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 168 Posts

There is something I have always wondered about. Every once in a while in these threads someone will chime in about CGT/918 owners getting first dibs on allocations for GT & special edition models. Does this only apply to the original owners of said CGT/918 and does it assume they bought them from a dealership? Or could you buy a CGT/918 on the secondary market, and then PCNA will help/offer you allocations for GT/special editions etc. I think I know the answer but need to hear it anyway.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:30 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
There is something I have always wondered about. Every once in a while in these threads someone will chime in about CGT/918 owners getting first dibs on allocations for GT & special edition models. Does this only apply to the original owners of said CGT/918 and does it assume they bought them from a dealership? Or could you buy a CGT/918 on the secondary market, and then PCNA will help/offer you allocations for GT/special editions etc. I think I know the answer but need to hear it anyway.
There was a specific program for original 918 buyers as an incentive. can't recall the duration. I don't believe there was anything for CGT customers back in the day.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:58 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

@usctrojanGT3 as a realtor, do you apply the same logic to your clients, or do you berate them, and advise them to sell at a loss?
The following users liked this post:
DodoBrd (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 10:59 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
There was a specific program for original 918 buyers as an incentive. can't recall the duration. I don't believe there was anything for CGT customers back in the day.
It is for ten years. So 2025 should be final year.
Old 03-06-2023, 11:08 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shrimp money
@usctrojanGT3 as a realtor, do you apply the same logic to your clients, or do you berate them, and advise them to sell at a loss?
@usctrojanGT3 send me your listings!! I’ll get a screaming deal.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:03 AM
FirstPorscheGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Seriously?? Apples and oranges.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM