Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2023 | 04:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
I honestly don't see how flipping is worse than buying a car and never driving it. If there's an opportunity for quick and easy profit, many will take it, especially if they discover that they don't love the car.

All of these 'problems' are ultimately a result of demand far exceeding supply. And there are a set of reasons why demand went crazy.
But why buy 2 Tourings? I could understand if he bought a winged version and then a Touring.
Old 03-06-2023 | 04:11 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
But why buy 2 Tourings? I could understand if he bought a winged version and then a Touring.
Maybe similar reason to why I have more than 40 guitars? Some of the ones I like most are variants of the same model (Les Paul and Strat).
Old 03-06-2023 | 04:11 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Because he can?

Really, why even buy one Touring? It's not like it's a necessity like food and water. No one needs a Touring, or any GT car.

People buy these things because they can and want to.

What's so wrong with that?

Is he hurting anyone?
The following users liked this post:
Scrappy1972 (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 04:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Because he can?

Really, why even buy one Touring? It's not like it's a necessity like food and water. No one needs a Touring, or any GT car.

People buy these things because they can and want to.

What's so wrong with that?

Is he hurting anyone?
Nothing wrong with even buying 500 Tourings, he should flagged as a flipper by the dealers and PCNA. It's flippers like him why more and more dealerships are going to the ADM route and stopping sales of GT cars even to their good customers.
Old 03-06-2023 | 04:56 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

just another case of you not understanding what you’re talking about. He listed his SON’S touring. His son had one and then he had one.

Is that ok in your book???
Scrappy1972 (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 04:59 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

North Houston sells GT cars for MSRP and I'm assuming so does St Louis as they were owned by the ownership group. Him not setting them BAT auctions without is not an indication that he's not a flipper, he probably don't want to relist them. Plus he lives in Texas and not Canada so I'm sure he can drive any of his cars 95% of the year. For the record, my last 2 GT cars that I traded in to my dealer both had over 5,000 miles so if I'm a flipper I'm not doing it right.

Why don't you riddle me this....

- Why did he buy 2 Tourings? Wouldn't one be enough for a guy who has more cars than time to drive them?
- Why did he go through the time and effort to sell the cars on BAT when he could have traded them back to the dealers for painless and quick transactions and most likely gotten over MSRP on the trade in?

The fact pattern is clear that he is a flipper of the 2 Tourings that he bought.
I already debunked your first question

why use BAT? Idk, is that not right in your head? He wants to get top dollar in quickest fashion. Is that OK to you? He also owns 10+ dealerships and still sells high end cars on BAT.

why don’t you ask him instead of ASSuming?
Old 03-06-2023 | 05:01 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Nothing wrong with even buying 500 Tourings, he should flagged as a flipper by the dealers and PCNA. It's flippers like him why more and more dealerships are going to the ADM route and stopping sales of GT cars even to their good customers.
I think USCTrojan is a BIG FLIPPER!!

you only drive 5000 miles before taking someone else’s allocation for which they would own longer. FLIPPER!!!!
Old 03-06-2023 | 05:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
I think USCTrojan is a BIG FLIPPER!!

you only drive 5000 miles before taking someone else’s allocation for which they would own longer. FLIPPER!!!!
Wow, you found me out....I'm the biggest flipper on RL but I'm not a very good one as I don't get top dollar for my GT cars as I'm the idiot to trades them back in my dealer instead of pimping them out to the highest bidder. I better stick to my day job because I'm a complete failure as a flipper.
Old 03-06-2023 | 05:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
just another case of you not understanding what you’re talking about. He listed his SON’S touring. His son had one and then he had one.

Is that ok in your book???
His son doesn't know how to post up his own BAT listing and/or didn't want to trade the car back in to the dealer? Funny how both cars got sold with less than 1,000 miles on BAT. Fact remains, flippers gonna flip!
Old 03-06-2023 | 05:47 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Wow, you found me out....I'm the biggest flipper on RL but I'm not a very good one as I don't get top dollar for my GT cars as I'm the idiot to trades them back in my dealer instead of pimping them out to the highest bidder. I better stick to my day job because I'm a complete failure as a flipper.
You're definitely a sh!!tty flipper!
usctrojanGT3 (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 06:01 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's ok.

We still like you.
Old 03-06-2023 | 06:03 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

North Houston sells GT cars for MSRP and I'm assuming so does St Louis as they were owned by the ownership group. Him not setting them BAT auctions without is not an indication that he's not a flipper, he probably don't want to relist them. Plus he lives in Texas and not Canada so I'm sure he can drive any of his cars 95% of the year. For the record, my last 2 GT cars that I traded in to my dealer both had over 5,000 miles so if I'm a flipper I'm not doing it right.

Why don't you riddle me this....

- Why did he buy 2 Tourings? Wouldn't one be enough for a guy who has more cars than time to drive them?
- Why did he go through the time and effort to sell the cars on BAT when he could have traded them back to the dealers for painless and quick transactions and most likely gotten over MSRP on the trade in?

The fact pattern is clear that he is a flipper of the 2 Tourings that he bought.
maybe pnh is not as innocent as you’d like them to be. They may not advertise it openly but if some stranger walks in with an open check he is gonna come out with a gt allocation
Mate (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023 | 06:08 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

His son doesn't know how to post up his own BAT listing and/or didn't want to trade the car back in to the dealer? Funny how both cars got sold with less than 1,000 miles on BAT. Fact remains, flippers gonna flip!
tell us how it’s done Mr. Flipper.
Old 03-06-2023 | 06:20 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Oh so anyone that sells their car at market value is a flipper? hahaha

By the way, 'pimping' your cars back to your dealer so they can then sell at market price... how it that any better/worse than someone just selling at market price?

You seem to have this 'holier than thou' perspective when in reality the pot just needs to meet the kettle
Old 03-06-2023 | 07:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
You're definitely a sh!!tty flipper!
I know.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM