Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 11:55 PM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Once again, you totally missed my point given the post by Manifold.
Here, let me repeat it for you again . . .

That's a big a** picture. Pretty, though. Just because you found a quote from Milton Friedman on the Internet that is out of context with what happened during the last 3 years doesn't make you any more correct. You're still wrong with what you said about the increase in M2. But whatever.

Do you still think there won't be a recession and that there's a bunch of chicken littles on this forum warning of "impending doom" that won't happen? Has SVB, etc. caused you to rethink your steadfast belief that everything's fine and that a recession is now a possibility?

How about GT3 prices? You and your friend AlexCeres never answer my questions as to whether you think GT3 prices will go down, stay the same or go up. Why is that?
Old 03-15-2023, 11:57 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Thats funny!
There's a 2 year wait for ordering a 911.
my SA was just saying that. “Let me know what you want! The orders are out 18-24 months” Alas, the things I want aren’t allocations he can get me at adm I’d find tolerable. We’ll keep doing business on the less sexy stuff and the world will spin on.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:10 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boltsfan
That's a big a** picture. Pretty, though. Just because you found a quote from Milton Friedman on the Internet that is out of context with what happened during the last 3 years doesn't make you any more correct. You're still wrong with what you said about the increase in M2. But whatever.

Do you still think there won't be a recession and that there's a bunch of chicken littles on this forum warning of "impending doom" that won't happen? Has SVB, etc. caused you to rethink your steadfast belief that everything's fine and that a recession is now a possibility?

How about GT3 prices? You and your friend AlexCeres never answer my questions as to whether you think GT3 prices will go down, stay the same or go up. Why is that?
I still think the guys who have priced you out will not give a **** about a brief recession. You transition to cash after paying capital gains or crypto or whatever you’re into just isn’t going to compete with the heavy rollers. So what if they take a 20% hit ? A gt3 is still a rounding error and the adm less than the cost of a hotel.

as for prices, you keep asking the wrong questions. gt3 aren’t investments. I’d buy ferrrari. Stock not cars. If I wanted that. The value is in the use over time. Every year you wait is a year without using it, a year of inflation devaluing your money and a year of wear and tear depreciating the value of the car. A year for better things. Buying a 992 to your custom spec in the original production run is not at all the same experience as waiting a decade and picking up a cool car for much much cheaper. And some people don’t have a decade left for hard driving or track driving. Or at all.

All the guys who waited for prices to hit MSRP got nothing. Production is over. They all missed an entire generation. Or they have very long relationships with their dealer and were trolling folks like you.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:34 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Who cares about missing a generation. Well 992.1 gt3 is an old news anyways. Now the new best thing is 992.1 rs. 2 years later, it will be 992.2 gt3 then rs and etc.

During this non stop process you voluntarily hand over your ***** to the dealer who will squeeze your ***** at their leisure. (Of course, gt3 owners will be praying secretly that the next gen becomes turbo or mild hybrid &#128514

I think the best bang for the buck is 991.2 gt3. Literally same car and MT.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=663280959

Old 03-16-2023, 12:44 AM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
I still think the guys who have priced you out will not give a **** about a brief recession. You transition to cash after paying capital gains or crypto or whatever you’re into just isn’t going to compete with the heavy rollers. So what if they take a 20% hit ? A gt3 is still a rounding error and the adm less than the cost of a hotel.

as for prices, you keep asking the wrong questions. gt3 aren’t investments. I’d buy ferrrari. Stock not cars. If I wanted that. The value is in the use over time. Every year you wait is a year without using it, a year of inflation devaluing your money and a year of wear and tear depreciating the value of the car. A year for better things. Buying a 992 to your custom spec in the original production run is not at all the same experience as waiting a decade and picking up a cool car for much much cheaper. And some people don’t have a decade left for hard driving or track driving. Or at all.

All the guys who waited for prices to hit MSRP got nothing. Production is over. They all missed an entire generation. Or they have very long relationships with their dealer and were trolling folks like you.
Wow, I'm actually surprised you answered. Because you didn't for the longest time. Thanks for doing that. Because it just shows me how much you miss the point. Even then, you don't answer the simple question of where GT3 prices will go. Because while you know, you won't admit it. Your non-answer is an answer. Thanks, I won't bother asking you again.

How do you explain the 150+ 992 GT3s that are for sale right now that have been languishing? Any "heavy rollers" have already bought their GT3s. They aren't going to buy the GT3s languishing out there. The only way those GT3s are going to be sold is if they decrease the asking price. It's that simple. And, I don't need to "transition" assets to pay for the car; my powder is dry and ready. I just refuse to overpay by tens of thousands of dollars for something. That's just me. Such a bizarre comment to make that GT3s aren't investments so prices don't matter.

Nah, it's not going to be a decade before prices get to the point of fairness. I'm waiting until later this year when, particularly due to recent events, I am feeling more confident that prices will become fair for me. So, despite you consistently saying that I will be missing this generation (you also said I'd miss the 992.2 generation as well), I don't think that will be the case. But if it is, that's okay too.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,698 Likes on 5,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Who cares about missing a generation. Well 992.1 gt3 is an old news anyways. Now the new best thing is 992.1 rs. 2 years later, it will be 992.2 gt3 then rs and etc.

During this non stop process you voluntarily hand over your ***** to the dealer who will squeeze your ***** at their leisure. (Of course, gt3 owners will be praying secretly that the next gen becomes turbo or mild hybrid &#128514

I think the best bang for the buck is 991.2 gt3. Literally same car and MT.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=663280959
No, it literally is not the same car.

Unless you don't understand how to use the word "literally"
Old 03-16-2023, 01:20 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Again ... 992 GT3 is only one of the many fun cars available for purchase. Many/most of us already have fun cars. A car like a 992 GT3 is an add-on for most of us, not the difference between having a fun car or not. People won't be without a fun car just because they decided to wait for 992 GT3 prices to come down.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
Boltsfan (03-16-2023), Joe Cho (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 01:37 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Wow, I'm actually surprised you answered. Because you didn't for the longest time. Thanks for doing that. Because it just shows me how much you miss the point. Even then, you don't answer the simple question of where GT3 prices will go. Because while you know, you won't admit it. Your non-answer is an answer. Thanks, I won't bother asking you again.

How do you explain the 150+ 992 GT3s that are for sale right now that have been languishing? Any "heavy rollers" have already bought their GT3s. They aren't going to buy the GT3s languishing out there. The only way those GT3s are going to be sold is if they decrease the asking price. It's that simple. And, I don't need to "transition" assets to pay for the car; my powder is dry and ready. I just refuse to overpay by tens of thousands of dollars for something. That's just me. Such a bizarre comment to make that GT3s aren't investments so prices don't matter.

Nah, it's not going to be a decade before prices get to the point of fairness. I'm waiting until later this year when, particularly due to recent events, I am feeling more confident that prices will become fair for me. So, despite you consistently saying that I will be missing this generation (you also said I'd miss the 992.2 generation as well), I don't think that will be the case. But if it is, that's okay too.
no matter how you explain it, you will have had to still save up at least 3 years to afford it. Nobody is impressed
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 01:48 AM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
no matter how you explain it, you will have had to still save up at least 3 years to afford it. Nobody is impressed
Not here to impress anyone, just stating facts. I'm not following the saving up for 3 years thing (you really are hard to understand at times; hope you don't have to communicate with people at work) but whatever. It's okay that you overpaid. You worship the GT3. I like it, but clearly not as much as you do. I have other toys, so don't you worry your pretty little head about me.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:23 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Because you're not worth my time.
And I dont have to argue with people to validate myself.

Besides, I'm too busy enjoying a GT3 that you'll never own.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 03-16-2023 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:46 AM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Thats funny!
There's a 2 year wait for ordering a 911.
I know! I was just being sarcastic.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:47 AM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

And I dont have to argue with people to validate myself.
Besides, I'm too busy enjoying a GT3 that you'll never own.
Thats a sweet looking car. What color is it?
Old 03-16-2023, 02:52 AM
Boltsfan
Intermediate

And I'm too busy driving a GT3 that you'll never own.
Wow...that...cut.........deep.

But, I'm confused because you always take the time to respond to my posts. But mysteriously, you don't have the time to answer a simple question. Hmmm.

Or, alternatively, you and your bud AlexC lack the cojones to answer. Oh well, enjoy the drive!

P.S. - why are you always editing your original posts?? I replied to your original post and then you go on and edit it to say that you don't need to argue for self-validation. That's time-consuming!! Don't waste your time on me!!

Last edited by Boltsfan; 03-16-2023 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:57 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by rj2014
Thats a sweet looking car. What color is it?
Agate Grey Metallic.

The following users liked this post:
rj2014 (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:44 AM
hyperion
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey, this thread is about two things:

1. commiseration amongst those who want a Porsche but can’t/won’t pay dealer markup

2. schadenfreude by those who — on merit or luck — obtained their Porsche despite ADM that they paid or avoided

Group hugs and drinking tears. Let’s get back to that, and start a separate thread on banking and monetary policy.

-hyp
The following 4 users liked this post by hyperion:
993TurboS (03-16-2023), AlexCeres (03-19-2023), EMdoc (03-16-2023), Robb M. (03-16-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM