Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 12:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by av12345
You are not a flipper by the standard definition but, as I (and others) said before, you certainly pay ADM (just not directly) - which is totally fine and your arrangement makes a lot of sense given your situation. I just think you need to realize it doesn’t work well for others and maybe be a bit more open to other arrangements that might not actually work for you but are perfectly reasonable. For example: someone paying a large adm because they don’t give two f’s and just want the car now. That doesn’t exactly work for me either but I get why someone might do it.
If someone pays an ADM and then wants to sell their car for an ADM I have less of a problem with that as compared to someone buying from an MSRP dealer and then selling to the highest bidder. Those latter folks are the reason why there are less and less GT cars being sold for MSRP by dealers and these type of flippers possibly take away allocations from non-flippers. I know I can't have my cake and eat it too (aka buying GT cars at MSRP and then selling them to the highest bidder) but I rather get my GT cars at MSRP and trade them back to my dealer around MSRP then having to try to find an allocation at an even reasonable ADM.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:29 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
@usctrojanGT3 as a realtor, do you apply the same logic to your clients, or do you berate them, and advise them to sell at a loss?
I advise them on how to best present their homes and price them right to sell in a timely manner along with getting them discounts on escrow and owners title fees but tell me how GT car sales and selling a home is even remotely related?
The following users liked this post:
Ascend (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossP
There is something I have always wondered about. Every once in a while in these threads someone will chime in about CGT/918 owners getting first dibs on allocations for GT & special edition models. Does this only apply to the original owners of said CGT/918 and does it assume they bought them from a dealership? Or could you buy a CGT/918 on the secondary market, and then PCNA will help/offer you allocations for GT/special editions etc. I think I know the answer but need to hear it anyway.
Only 918 owners who kept their cars for 3+ years get 10 years worth of MSRP allocations for any and all GT and numbered cars. There have been many of the longer terms 918 owners who got booted out of the program by PCNA for flipping their cars in a short period of time.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Ascend (03-07-2023), RossP (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:33 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
@usctrojanGT3 send me your listings!! I’ll get a screaming deal.
I don't control the price, the seller decides what kind of offer they are willing to accept.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FirstPorscheGT3
Seriously?? Apples and oranges.
I never knew until I got onto RL that selling resale homes was somewhat similar to flipping GT cars for a profit, guess I learn something new everyday.
FirstPorscheGT3 (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I find it funny how some of you guys are defending this flipper. I don't give a rats *** how many cars he owns, how much money he has, how many dealerships he owns, or how many instagram pictures showing off his cars he posts. The guy is a flipper and show be black listed by the MSRP dealers and PCNA and if I were to do the same thing I should also be black listed by my MSRP dealer and PCNA.
The following 4 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
armanslr (03-07-2023), Ascend (03-07-2023), FirstPorscheGT3 (03-07-2023), ToasterThief (03-08-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:15 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I find it funny how some of you guys are defending this flipper. I don't give a rats *** how many cars he owns, how much money he has, how many dealerships he owns, or how many instagram pictures showing off his cars he posts. The guy is a flipper and show be black listed by the MSRP dealers and PCNA and if I were to do the same thing I should also be black listed by my MSRP dealer and PCNA.
You really think Porsche is going to blacklist guys at his level? Guys at his level are the ones who are still buying $300k cars when the tide goes out.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:17 AM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

You really think Porsche is going to blacklist guys at his level? Guys at his level are the ones who are still buying $300k cars when the tide goes out.
I have no idea if PCNA would go through blacklisting a big fish, but Ferrari took Steve Wynn's franchise over selling a LaFerrari too early so it's possible. I don't think Porsche is as ruthless as Ferrari though.
The following 2 users liked this post by G.Irish:
armanslr (03-07-2023), usctrojanGT3 (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 01:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Actually yeah I do think that Porsche would black list a guy like that because he is just one potential buyer and Porsche could make an example of him. Plus they cut off 918 VIP owners who were flipping their cars from receiving future GT allocations. No single buyer is above the car manufacturer.
fijibubba (03-10-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 10:37 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Actually yeah I do think that Porsche would black list a guy like that because he is just one potential buyer and Porsche could make an example of him. Plus they cut off 918 VIP owners who were flipping their cars from receiving future GT allocations. No single buyer is above the car manufacturer.
funny how when someone buys a house and then sells it a few months later for a profit… he’s smart. But when it’s a car, you think it’s treacherous

I believe you spend too much time thinking about what others should or should not do even when you have no idea about the person or the situation… sad
Old 03-07-2023, 10:49 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 576 Posts

I think these questions are starting to become personal - the intent of this thread isnt about the definition of flipping or who is one or who isnt one OR what PCNA will or won't do about allocations. It's for everyone to discuss the market rate for the 992 GT3. All desirable cars (look at F8's, 765LT's and some Lambo's) are selling above MSRP on the SECONDARY market. Ferrari dealers don't sell above MSRP to the first buyer (like PNH and USCTrojan) but will sell above MSRP at market when the car is on the SECONDARY market. Some Porsche dealers sell NEW cars with an ADM. Whether you like that or not - dont attack USC. He just classifies someone who buys a car, doesn't really use it and turns around and sells it for 75K over as a flipper. No need to get worked up about that. People do that all the time with Rolex Daytona's too. At some point someone gets caught with their pants around their ankles. The guy who paid $300K for a GT3 ain't getting their money back now or the guy that paid $50K for a white ceramic Daytona has "lost" $15K. Some people could care less about "losing" that $50K on the GT3 and $15K on the Daytona. Remember for every winner there's a loser.
The following 5 users liked this post by rodsky:
DodoBrd (03-07-2023), Manifold (03-07-2023), Peruna (03-07-2023), RealityGT (03-07-2023), usctrojanGT3 (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 11:05 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,339 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I think these questions are starting to become personal - the intent of this thread isnt about the definition of flipping or who is one or who isnt one OR what PCNA will or won't do about allocations. It's for everyone to discuss the market rate for the 992 GT3. All desirable cars (look at F8's, 765LT's and some Lambo's) are selling above MSRP on the SECONDARY market. Ferrari dealers don't sell above MSRP to the first buyer (like PNH and USCTrojan) but will sell above MSRP at market when the car is on the SECONDARY market. Some Porsche dealers sell NEW cars with an ADM. Whether you like that or not - dont attack USC. He just classifies someone who buys a car, doesn't really use it and turns around and sells it for 75K over as a flipper. No need to get worked up about that. People do that all the time with Rolex Daytona's too. At some point someone gets caught with their pants around their ankles. The guy who paid $300K for a GT3 ain't getting their money back now or the guy that paid $50K for a white ceramic Daytona has "lost" $15K. Some people could care less about "losing" that $50K on the GT3 and $15K on the Daytona. Remember for every winner there's a loser.
Well said.

"Flippers" should just own the title and not get defensive about it. Flipping isn't illegal or fraudulent, it's just something some people do to make some quick money or because they don't want to keep their car.

Similarly, I have no beef with dealers charging big markups. They're in business to make money, and if buyers are willing to pay those big markups, that's the price the cars can be expected to sell for. MSRP dealers will only sell the cars to repeat customers, so they're making money in another way. No dealer is selling these GT cars at MSRP to random person walking in the door - you either pay a big markup or buy a lot of cars from the dealer.

If someone can't get a 992 GT3 at a price they're willing to pay, I suggest they look at all of their Porsche and non-Porsche options and find a car they like at a price they're willing to pay. That's what I did, and it led me to buying some cars which I'm really enjoying, as well as appreciating the 991.1 GT3 I already have.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
993TurboS (03-07-2023), Peruna (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 11:29 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Agree, but would add... this is a place to discuss "all things ADM"... scope creep has led us to go from focusing on DEALER markups (ADM) to SECONDARY MARKET markups... it's all good IMO because at the end of the day folks just want to know how much it costs to get a GT car.

WHat is not good for the forum is going around calling everyone a FLIPPER that sells their car in a relatively short period of time or calling dealers STEALERS when they charge ADM. It just sounds like butt-hurt rich guys that don't like reality.
993TurboS (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:21 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,352 Posts

I've been gone from here for months and one thing has stayed the same and it's usctrojan calling people dumb for spending more money on a car than he would. Such a sad song.
DodoBrd (03-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 12:52 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I've been gone from here for months and one thing has stayed the same and it's usctrojan calling people dumb for spending more money on a car than he would. Such a sad song.
That's not what he's saying. He's just predicting that prices will come down. And he's probaably right (go to Car.scom and you will see more prices reduced vs price increased). Also He's also paying a form of ADM by selling the car back to them at MSRP (to foster his relationship). Just like the Rolex guy who buys 10 watches - gets a Rolex Datytona at $14,500. He's just saying dont buy a Daytona at $50K. He also doesnt want someone to buy it at $14,500 and sell it at $50K the next week (his def of flipper). Although - He's a big boy - he can speak for himself.

Last edited by rodsky; 03-07-2023 at 12:55 PM.
usctrojanGT3 (03-07-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM