Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 05:23 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Each track car bought by a non-track guy is one less car available for track guys to buy. Also drives up the ADM on the cars. Why is that hard to understand? And BTW, Porsche makes lots of non-track versions of their cars.
Manifold… I’m sorry I did not get your pre-approval to go back country driving + coffee this past weekend. I am not a worthy GT owner and should’ve given my MSRP allocation to you. I hope your 991.1 engine does not blow up before these cars go 20% below MSRP next month.

The following 6 users liked this post by DodoBrd:
Diablo Dude (01-09-2023), Jbravo23 (01-09-2023), Maverick787 (01-09-2023), Peruna (01-09-2023), rodsky (01-11-2023), Scrappy1972 (01-09-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:26 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Dude I hear you and honestly you sound like the government, everybody gets a trophy. Your argument makes zero sense, if the 10% of the track guys want one pay the ADM it’s a free market. Everyone doesn’t pay ADM, but that’s minus the point ………you can’t dictate philosophy on who should one the product. When does your logic stop, should I sell one of my GMT Rolex’s because I don’t fly, should I sell my house that’s 7500 sq ft because it’s just my wife and I? I’m not being a jerk but that’s how your argument sounds? (Life is not based on who can use it better)

I had a neighbor that saved enough to buy a Ferrari, it was his dream car and he washes that damn thing all the time and drives on sunny days. My bet you have Porsche guys the same that wanted a GT3 to use in the same fashion, and who are you to ****** their dream away or disqualify “their” personal enjoyment. Some need to write a check or stop bi*c***g for 2nd place when they didn’t earn 1st place. Grown men complaining Porsche will not take their 200k, amazing the world has lost its priorities sorry for my rant it’s a car. You can’t whine, and say the undeserving are making the prices go up, some of you should really listen to how you sound. Go listen to the Wu Tang Clan CREAM = Cash + Rules + Everything + Around + me = GT3 that simple.
Funny thing is, even the guys at my dealer scoff at guys buying GT cars and not tracking them. They’ll take their money and sell them the cars, but they do think it’s lame.

Ironically, your judging my judgment is itself judgmental. Why you so mad? It’s a discussion forum, and I’m allowed to complain, but I don’t get to decide how y’all spend your money.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:40 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Funny thing is, even the guys at my dealer scoff at guys buying GT cars and not tracking them. They’ll take their money and sell them the cars, but they do think it’s lame.

Ironically, your judging my judgment is itself judgmental. Why you so mad? It’s a discussion forum, and I’m allowed to complain, but I don’t get to decide how y’all spend your money.
Bro, seriously I’m not the least bit troubled I’m just simply replying to your post to me with detail. You put a lot of trust in a dealer “salesman” that will not sell you a car at MSRP because he can if he wanted too. The same dealer will give you less on your trade if you told them you tracked the car, so the point here I don’t listen to dealers. They have a product if it’s the right price I buy, and if not I buy something else it’s all transactional. You just need to hear yourself saying what’s the purpose, I should tell owners how to use something they spent their money on? Just close your eyes and really try and hear yourself. No offense, but your track record here you get the below award.

Last edited by Maverick787; 01-09-2023 at 05:58 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Maverick787:
Diablo Dude (01-09-2023), DodoBrd (01-09-2023), Jbravo23 (01-09-2023), Scrappy1972 (01-09-2023), WCGhost (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:46 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Each track car bought by a non-track guy is one less car available for track guys to buy. Also drives up the ADM on the cars. Why is that hard to understand? And BTW, Porsche makes lots of non-track versions of their cars.

I bought a 2023 GT3 Touring.
Doesnt have any downforce for the track. So how exactly did I take away a car from a "track" guy?

For someone that claims that he doesnt get to decide how "we" spend our money, you've spent the last 141 posts since Nov. 1st trying real hard doing just that.
Do you ever hear yourself think?

And interestingly enough, you've been spinning your narrative so hard here that now you've gone full-circle.
Now you're in the judging who is LAME DEPT. with your dealer who you havent bought a GT car from in 7 years?
That's comical.

You might want to try taking a look in the mirror.
Like Maverick said above, you're terribly tone-deaf.

You've spent the last 2 months here telling people how to spend their money.
Never mind, using this forum to "validate" yourself and rationalize why you'll probably never own a 992 GT3.

Yawn.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-09-2023 at 06:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
Maverick787 (01-09-2023), Scrappy1972 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 06:02 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

aka Dunning-Kruger
Old 01-09-2023, 06:06 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Wink

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
aka Dunning-Kruger
The DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a certain type of task
or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-09-2023 at 06:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DodoBrd (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 252 Posts

"can't we all just get along" - R. King
Engro (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:11 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Money talks. Why is that hard to understand? You want a GT3 to track? Go make money and figure it out.
This pretty much sums up this thread.

This should have a sticky with TL;DR next to it for anyone that says "GT cars should only be for people who track their cars."
Maverick787 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:33 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

I see some inconsistency here. How is stating GT3 should be tracked any different than the same people here slamming the guy with the blue interior spec for sale. I recall most saying here it's a wasted spec, should never get an allocation, etc. Does the guy have a right to spec blue interior? it is his car, paid for all and should be able to spec blue, red, green interior and should not matter if we are being consistent here.
An opinion is just that and saying GT3s ideally should be tracked will not change people buying GT3s that never track just like saying the blue interior spec is hideous will not change someone else adding a blue interior.

Last edited by Engro; 01-09-2023 at 07:35 PM.
Manifold (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:41 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Engro
I see some inconsistency here. How is stating GT3 should be tracked any different than the same people here slamming the guy with the blue interior spec for sale. I recall most saying here it's a wasted spec, should never get an allocation, etc. Does the guy have a right to spec blue interior? it is his car, paid for all and should be able to spec blue, red, green interior and should not matter if we are being consistent here.
An opinion is just that and saying GT3s ideally should be tracked will not change people buying GT3s that never track just like saying the blue interior spec is hideous will not change someone else adding a blue interior.
Well, it just means that when that owner goes to sell his GT3 with blue seats one of us here is going to buy it.

So yeah, it'll matter and, yeah, it'll suck.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:05 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Engro

I don't think those are the same person saying that, but perhaps they are.

I think this whole thing is hilarious. Just rewrite it as "every track guy buying a touring is taking away an allocation from a guy who would buy it and keep it pristine in the garage and treat it like the work of art that it is. There are plenty of track prepped cars available for the track guys, why do they buy a road car for the track?" The whole thing is ridiculous. And it is not the same as saying that blue is an ugly interior. Go ahead and configure that car if you like it, but don't expect resale to be great. Saying I hate blue would be like saying I hate owning a garage queen. OK. But if people want to blow money on blue, go right ahead, you presumably earned it.
The following 3 users liked this post by 993TurboS:
Diablo Dude (01-09-2023), Maverick787 (01-09-2023), Scrappy1972 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:12 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 700 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by GTJake
You mean Matt Moreman and his cult following of people who spend 100k on tools to look at? Honestly it is sad to see these cars not driven. If someone wants to do nothing with it but look at it, I personally think that's stupid but it's also their choice. I don't care if they get tracked per se but it hurts to see them just completely sit and not get driven at all. These cars are made to enjoy.
That made me LOL @GTJake
Old 01-09-2023, 08:14 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yup.

I requested that the detail shop of my dealer not wash the car or take out the seat covers.
They simply rinsed it and blotted it dry. No wash. No wax. They washed the wheels and put some tire dressing on.
That's exactly how I wanted to pick it up from the dealer.

Smart move. Looks great! Do you do your PPF at the dealership or somewhere else? My dealer has a top notch crew and they are very good, but I still used a close friend who is one of the elite in PA. Amazing how difficult it was to make the cuts on the GT# becuase of the hood and other areas. Not a job I could imagine doing!
Diablo Dude (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:17 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

As someone who finally managed to get his hands on one of these cars, I will readily admit that I hear and understand both sides of this discussion:

- yes, money talks bla bla bla, and yes, people do as they wish with their money, and yes this is a free and capitalist country, etc etc

- and at the same time, if you have been “taken for a ride” by the SA at your dealership who lied to you about your position on “the list”, or you see some of these ugly a$$ configurations that are a head scratcher, or you know that the car is “only” used as a piece of art, all the while you think that “your Porsche heart” is purer, then I also get why someone would get resentful and bitter.

I get it all the more now that I can really appreciate how special these cars are.

So, no, I don’t have a solution other than keeping the faith and hoping that things will settle in 2023 and beyond.

Peace to all… and please be sure to already enjoy ALL the blessings you already have in your life!!

The following 5 users liked this post by GTTROIS:
Diablo Dude (01-09-2023), GTJake (01-10-2023), Manifold (01-09-2023), usctrojanGT3 (01-09-2023), WCGhost (01-10-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 08:30 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joe mac
Smart move. Looks great! Do you do your PPF at the dealership or somewhere else? My dealer has a top notch crew and they are very good, but I still used a close friend who is one of the elite in PA. Amazing how difficult it was to make the cuts on the GT# becuase of the hood and other areas. Not a job I could imagine doing!
It's going to be going to Premier in Fremont, California.
Had to make my appointment 4 months ahead of time.
They're very booked up. Lot's of wealthy people out there buying Ferrari's, McLaren's, and Lambo's.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-09-2023 at 08:33 PM.
AlexCeres (01-09-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM