Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 11:16 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
In my opinion from what I have seen, I am placing more of the blame on dealers simply because they are hanging on to inventory for so long. They are attempting to be market makers, they have the pipeline to new vehicles, and they are incentivizing new sales with the purchase of pre owned Porsches, therefore trying to control the used market as well. Many did not sell allocations to the highest bidder, or go down a list and play their part in an efficient market. Instead when they didn't get the absurd markup they so greedily wanted, they went ahead and used an allocation and optioned out a car to their liking, and have had it sit on their showroom floor for several months. There are now cars that have been listed for over a year. I don't think blaming people who paid a certain price for a car makes sense, everyone has their own timelines, but dealers hoarding cars and asking for insane markups is lame. Dealers are also the ones who decided to overpay for cars last summer, they should be better at forecasting prices since it impacts their business not an individual buyer. Now that they overpaid used cars sit on their showrooms without being driven, and they are making us pay for their miscalculations.
Sorry but this makes no sense. Sure the auto market isn’t as electronic as many securities markets but dealers are by definition market makers… and yes market makers can make miscalculations too. Who cares if you think it’s “lame” - the market will dictate if they made the right call or the wrong call

Last edited by av12345; 01-10-2023 at 11:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by av12345:
AlexCeres (01-11-2023), Diablo Dude (01-11-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 11:29 PM
InsatiableAmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m #1 (after VIPs) on my dealers list for a Dakar, and they just broke the news (AFTER I placed my deposit) that they’ll be charging $100k ADM.

I know I have no reason to be incensed. The market is the market. The only choice I have is to say yes or no.

But as an enthusiast who’s saved up to buy ONE special car from Porsche (not 10’s), I’m disappointed there simply isn’t room for that kind of buyer anymore. I grew up with a poster of a 930 on my wall and now it feels like the brand has turned its back on those just arriving on scene.

What are you all seeing for Dakar ADMs? And anyone want my (nearly guaranteed) Dakar slot?
Old 01-10-2023, 11:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
In my opinion from what I have seen, I am placing more of the blame on dealers simply because they are hanging on to inventory for so long. They are attempting to be market makers, they have the pipeline to new vehicles, and they are incentivizing new sales with the purchase of pre owned Porsches, therefore trying to control the used market as well. Many did not sell allocations to the highest bidder, or go down a list and play their part in an efficient market. Instead when they didn't get the absurd markup they so greedily wanted, they went ahead and used an allocation and optioned out a car to their liking, and have had it sit on their showroom floor for several months. There are now cars that have been listed for over a year. I don't think blaming people who paid a certain price for a car makes sense, everyone has their own timelines, but dealers hoarding cars and asking for insane markups is lame. Dealers are also the ones who decided to overpay for cars last summer, they should be better at forecasting prices since it impacts their business not an individual buyer. Now that they overpaid used cars sit on their showrooms without being driven, and they are making us pay for their miscalculations.
I agree with you and PCNA should punish dealers who spec GT cars themselves because everyone knows that there are enough buyers to buy every single GT car that PCNA allocations to US dealers. Like for every GT the dealer specs, they lose 1 GT car allocation on a go forward basis.....I think that would be a fair punishment for stealers.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
And it’s not about saving money on a McLaren. It’s all cross shopping in the price bracket the adm pushes the car into. $350-$400K for a 911 ? Lol. Sorry if it’s not a 911R or gt2rs why the **** would you do that ? Lambo and Ferrari have been on fire the last couple years if mclaren isn’t your cup of tea.
Used Lambo and Ferrari prices are dropping as well.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:19 AM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by InsatiableAmos
I’m #1 (after VIPs) on my dealers list for a Dakar, and they just broke the news (AFTER I placed my deposit) that they’ll be charging $100k ADM.

I know I have no reason to be incensed. The market is the market. The only choice I have is to say yes or no.

But as an enthusiast who’s saved up to buy ONE special car from Porsche (not 10’s), I’m disappointed there simply isn’t room for that kind of buyer anymore. I grew up with a poster of a 930 on my wall and now it feels like the brand has turned its back on those just arriving on scene.

What are you all seeing for Dakar ADMs? And anyone want my (nearly guaranteed) Dakar slot?
That sucks. Did you discuss ADM with your dealer before/when you placed your deposit?
Old 01-11-2023, 12:40 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Used Lambo and Ferrari prices are dropping as well.
this may come as a surprise to you, but cars depreciate. If ya’all are bitching about adm because you think these are investments and you deserve to buy luxury sport cars without losing money … lolz. It’s really the lolz that bring me back to this thread.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 01:38 AM
InsatiableAmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
That sucks. Did you discuss ADM with your dealer before/when you placed your deposit?
We did not discuss an ADM. I placed my deposit before the car was announced, so there wasn’t even a price. My “assumption” was that I’d be paying MSRP since we didn’t discuss ADM.

Assumption in quotes because I had a hunch it was a pipe dream…
Old 01-11-2023, 04:50 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
this may come as a surprise to you, but cars depreciate. If ya’all are bitching about adm because you think these are investments and you deserve to buy luxury sport cars without losing money … lolz. It’s really the lolz that bring me back to this thread.
You are preaching to the quire my friend, I know in normal times cars depreciate including GT cars. All car prices are trending lower, some at a quicker pace than others.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:48 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,472 Posts

I agree with you and PCNA should punish dealers who spec GT cars themselves because everyone knows that there are enough buyers to buy every single GT car that PCNA allocations to US dealers. Like for every GT the dealer specs, they lose 1 GT car allocation on a go forward basis.....I think that would be a fair punishment for stealers.
But there is a business rationale for a dealer speccing the car and having it in the showroom: it may draw foot traffic that helps sell other cars, and it may sell at a high price to an impulse buyer.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:52 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Honestly, I’m ok with that.

I wouldn’t be ok with a billionaire buying up farmland and water rights, though.
So far, you’re the only one saying he’s ok with it.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:02 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

You are preaching to the quire my friend, I know in normal times cars depreciate including GT cars. All car prices are trending lower, some at a quicker pace than others.
really? Lol
DodoBrd (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 10:18 AM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
really? Lol
yeah I read that and was like wtf
DodoBrd (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 10:47 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,114 Likes on 2,042 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
So far, you’re the only one saying he’s ok with it.
There are many things my family is priced out of in life. It doesn’t bother me that Floyd Mayweather travels to Dubai on a private jet, and has his entire entourage roll around with him in a fleet of G63s. I think that’s awesome, and wish I could do that with my friends.

Do you think Manny Khoshbin is trying to create a market for SLRs by constantly saying they’re going to be really high in value in the future? And in turn, buying them up?

Old 01-11-2023, 11:17 AM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
really? Lol
That was a bit a cheap shot… and there is quite some irony that you play the grammar/spelling police, whenever your very username is mired with a (German) misspelling… and no, the fact that you were limited in the number of characters that can be used, is no excuse to misspell “besser”.
usctrojanGT3 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
There are many things my family is priced out of in life. It doesn’t bother me that Floyd Mayweather travels to Dubai on a private jet, and has his entire entourage roll around with him in a fleet of G63s. I think that’s awesome, and wish I could do that with my friends.

Do you think Manny Khoshbin is trying to create a market for SLRs by constantly saying they’re going to be really high in value in the future? And in turn, buying them up?
Ok, but not really relevant.
WCGhost (01-11-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM