Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 12:12 AM
Aorta
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by drzaius
Most of these posts are for GT3s, but if anyone is curious about the GTS, the dealers I have spoken to over the last year consistently ask for between 25k and 35k over MSRP here in Southern California.
I feel lucky to have 15k over on an allocation, car being built next week. Though it took me a year and a fair amount of relationship-building with the salesman as this is my first new P car. Though I am sure always showing up to the dealership in my meticulously-maintained midnight blue metallic 997 C2S added credibility.
It took you a year and ‘relationship building’ to pay $15k OVER MSRP for a run of the mill, non-limited Porsche GTS and you thought that was a good deal. I guess things are different in California.

I’m sure it’s an awesome car...but $15k over MSRP and kissing the dealers **** to get it...Not my thing.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:23 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,216 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by Aorta
It took you a year and ‘relationship building’ to pay $15k OVER MSRP for a run of the mill, non-limited Porsche GTS and you thought that was a good deal. I guess things are different in California.

I’m sure it’s an awesome car...but $15k over MSRP and kissing the dealers **** to get it...Not my thing.
A ordered GTS is about as difficult if not more difficult to get than a GT3.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:32 AM
thecutter64
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos

that’s cause the car shortages are manufactured shortages used to control supply and demand so that they can raise prices and screw the consumer in the ***.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
Especially when dealing with CA stealers.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:46 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by thecutter64
that’s cause the car shortages are manufactured shortages used to control supply and demand so that they can raise prices and screw the consumer in the ***.
That gravy train is coming to a stop soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Ascend (01-06-2023), welikethetrack (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 12:56 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Um, so you're saying that everyone from the Germans to the Japanese to the Koreans to the Americans (GM, Ford) and the Italians all decided to hold one big group chat and decide to **** all of us, and left out, um, Elon?

Ok, got it.

Thank you for sharing.
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Diablo Dude (01-06-2023), G.Irish (01-06-2023), Maverick787 (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 01:20 AM
thecutter64
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes .They all took advantage of Covid and are laughing all the way to the bank.

work shortages and lock downs were artificial and unnecessary. They fueled the “ no work “ mentality. People sat home collecting government handouts and the labor force suffered. Goods were not made and we got all sorts of supply chain issues.

some of us were less fortunate . We had to brave the pandemic and risk our lives swimming knee deep in sick patients . Exposure wasn’t an issue for us. We still went to work and “produced our product”. There were no shortages on our end nor did we screw the patients by raising our rates for the much needed care .

Last edited by thecutter64; 01-06-2023 at 01:56 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by thecutter64:
EMdoc (01-06-2023), Manoverpdk (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 10:32 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Demand is created by hype of a product, and people want it “now” …..these aren’t needed products like food it’s a GT car waiting for PPF, PTS and ceramic coating. Companies are in business to make money as many of you would not be where you are to buy this stuff. If you’re good in business, just because demand is up …….you must factor in supply chain increase labor, facility, over time, insurance, healthcare just to list a few. Look at Amazon axing 18,000 people actually not enough. 2021 they generated 458B or so and kept 11B ……ummm not a good business model while hiring 100k people last year to feed all the stay at home people. If you don’t like the sellers non-sense just watch the movie and you will get a deal you like it’s timing. You wait you don’t pay, you don’t want to wait you will pay same as real estate or a Rolex whatever you fancy.

Back to Porsche the manufacturer makes zero dollars on the flips being done by the dealers, and the dealers don’t control manufacturing. I know for a fact Porsche is not happy with dealers as my neighbor is a Porsche lawyer. Many dealers some were good, now many sellers asking over for their cars because they see it as a stock transaction, in return the dealers jacked up ADM …….you have two guilty factions here buyer and seller, and the good buyer is stuck in the middle of the arms race. Happy New Year off to physical therapy I had a slight tear in my rotator cuff surgery cost at the tune of 38k for 1.5 hours of surgery. Retired at 52 so of course way too young for Medicare so for my wife and I both healthy 2k a month for insurance we never use minus my surgery. “ it is what it is” So to the other poster I rather buy a Porsche at ADM than just fork over 2k a month for when I may get sick. Be well and happy all, just get along it’s only money🤑

Last edited by Maverick787; 01-06-2023 at 06:27 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Maverick787:
Diablo Dude (01-06-2023), RealityGT (01-06-2023), shrimp money (01-06-2023), WCGhost (01-06-2023), welikethetrack (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 10:58 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

Yes .They all took advantage of Covid and are laughing all the way to the bank.

work shortages and lock downs were artificial and unnecessary. They fueled the “ no work “ mentality. People sat home collecting government handouts and the labor force suffered. Goods were not made and we got all sorts of supply chain issues.

some of us were less fortunate . We had to brave the pandemic and risk our lives swimming knee deep in sick patients . Exposure wasn’t an issue for us. We still went to work and “produced our product”. There were no shortages on our end nor did we screw the patients by raising our rates for the much needed care .

Covid messed up mentality of young kids in 20s and early 30s with this idea of making money while not working. Ever heard of quiet quitting? These things make me laugh. Well amazon and all techs are laying off tens of thousand ppl off now. Glad to see the world going back to normal. So will the car prices. Just my 2c
The following 3 users liked this post by Ascend:
EMdoc (01-06-2023), WCGhost (01-06-2023), welikethetrack (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 11:25 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Covid messed up mentality of young kids in 20s and early 30s with this idea of making money while not working. Ever heard of quiet quitting? These things make me laugh. Well amazon and all techs are laying off tens of thousand ppl off now. Glad to see the world going back to normal. So will the car prices. Just my 2c
agreed. I’m in tech and suspect tons of quiet quitting and moonlighting, especially those in the IT dept
Old 01-06-2023, 01:47 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 01:49 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

The whole term 'quiet quitting' is stupid. All it means is people simply doing what the job requires and no more. It's hard to get promoted and move up doing just what is required, but that is literally what people are paid for.

It's the people that are out there trying to see how little work they can do and get away with it that are a problem. Or the people working multiple jobs in secret and doing the bare minimum to collect multiple checks until they eventually get caught and fired.

Ultimately a lot of the layoffs are because companies hired too many people during the good times with low interest rates and temporary increases in demand during covid. And now a lot of companies are cutting the products and services that weren't profitable and don't have a foreseeable path to profitability.
AlexCeres (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 02:01 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Engro
You nailed it. Most can't see past the instant gratification which is ok nothing wrong with that. With a relationship that wait list is a short list and you pay 0 or very little overs
It's all about the long game and the right dealer (Yes i know some dealers are dishonest and will sell their child for profit but there are some that will honor a deal from a serious buyer). Right after the VIP guys the next up are loyal customers and bonus if local. if dealer had to sell to unknown buyer far away huge ADM vs a buyer that brings in more business via trade/service/buys other cars = ADM especially a local buyer the local buyer should win that race if the dealer has any common sense. When business is slow the big ADM guy will not be there.
A smart dealer will treat long term customers properly, but greed sometimes overrides common sense.

Trying to score GT cars at/near MSRP by being a loyal customer is one way to do things, but it's not without risk. If you were gonna buy those cars anyway and you were gonna trade them in anyway, cool. If you're changing your buying and selling behavior to curry favor, you're paying an ADM indirectly and hoping that the dealer rewards you. Sometimes management changes, sometimes ownership changes, and sometimes economic conditions change and that good guy dealer may just decide that loyalty will not be rewarded. Or you may get bumped by bigger fish that can buy a lot more loyalty.

Nothing wrong with paying ADM, or building a relationship, or hitting the phones to try to find a MSRP only dealer. Each approach has its tradeoffs.
Engro (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 03:30 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish
A smart dealer will treat long term customers properly, but greed sometimes overrides common sense.

Trying to score GT cars at/near MSRP by being a loyal customer is one way to do things, but it's not without risk. If you were gonna buy those cars anyway and you were gonna trade them in anyway, cool. If you're changing your buying and selling behavior to curry favor, you're paying an ADM indirectly and hoping that the dealer rewards you. Sometimes management changes, sometimes ownership changes, and sometimes economic conditions change and that good guy dealer may just decide that loyalty will not be rewarded. Or you may get bumped by bigger fish that can buy a lot more loyalty.

Nothing wrong with paying ADM, or building a relationship, or hitting the phones to try to find a MSRP only dealer. Each approach has its tradeoffs.
The problem with trying to attain and build loyalty with a dealer is that (1) sometimes the GM changes, or the dealer owner change in which case all that loyalty is about as useful as used toilet paper or (2) unless you are buying multiple cars in a short period of time, it's really hard to establish loyalty because buying one car every 3 or 4 years is really not "loyalty" in most dealers' eyes.

Yes, loyalty works in some cases, especially if the dealership is family owned and not part of a larger conglomerate like Penske or Lithia or Autonation, but generally most dealerships these days are part of a larger corporate conglomerate and the bottom line is oftentimes more important than establishing rapport and EQ with their customer base.
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (01-07-2023), Diablo Dude (01-06-2023), fijibubba (01-15-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 04:14 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Agreed 100%.
The "build loyalty" mantra doesnt always work out like you'd think.
And if your relationship with the dealer includes trading your car back in for a "wholesale" price, you're still paying an ADM.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-06-2023 at 05:28 PM.
AlexCeres (01-07-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM