Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 07:17 PM
markups
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't have a lot of data points for Porsche yet but if anyone wants me to run a report on a specific state let me know. Also feel free to submit the markups you guys are seeing out there in dealerships

https://markups.org/search.html?titl...f_observedate=
Old 04-13-2023, 08:05 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBottomGirl
This thread is funny. IMO filled with dealers/owners trying to protect the ADM they sell and bought.
meanwhile auto trader is filled with every spec a man can dream of. All bumped 50k. Won’t be long and these will be widely available for msrp with 10k miles.
Yeah you're not paying attention, AT All lol. I just sold an off warranty five year old GT3 for $20K over msrp advertising on Autotrader. Probably could have got another $5K if I had held out.

I'm calling out all of you clowns now. Step up or shaddup....
The following 6 users liked this post by Randy M:
Bucketlistx911 (04-14-2023), Diablo Dude (04-13-2023), JAB12 (04-14-2023), Jbravo23 (04-14-2023), markups (04-14-2023), PTS (04-14-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Won’t be long and these will be widely available for msrp with 10k miles.

The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-14-2023), markups (04-14-2023), Peruna (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 10:55 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

This thread is funny. IMO filled with dealers/owners trying to protect the ADM they sell and bought.
meanwhile auto trader is filled with every spec a man can dream of. All bumped 50k. Won’t be long and these will be widely available for msrp with 10k miles.
ADMs have been steadily decreasing, but they are still there. It's a very shallow slope. The one thing that gives me pause though is the sheer number of these GT3s still for sale. The quantity dwarfs the number of TTS coupes available...(something like 145 vs. 75). Not sure why this is. Perhaps maybe because the GT3 isn't for everyone. But I think that's the point. But there are plenty to choose from...
The following users liked this post:
markups (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 11:02 PM
chance6
Race Car

meanwhile auto trader is filled with every spec a man can dream of. All bumped 50k. .
Some bumped more than $50k, believe me. Indeed some of that is going on. Owners want to know and believe and confirm they made the right choice. Sensitive? For sure...but it's human nature.
Like when you're on the playground as a kid, you don't want some other schmo talking trash about your Mom.
In the end when most go electric none of this will matter anyway. We'll all be driving our appliances with zero real emotion.
By then Kamala will be President and gas prices will be even higher.

The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
FatBottomGirl (04-14-2023), markups (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 11:02 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by chance6
ADMs have been steadily decreasing, but they are still there. It's a very shallow slope. The one thing that gives me pause though is the sheer number of these GT3s still for sale. The quantity dwarfs the number of TTS coupes available...(something like 145 vs. 75). Not sure why this is. Perhaps maybe because the GT3 isn't for everyone. But I think that's the point. But there are plenty to choose from...
The majority of GT3's for sale out there are fairly standard in color and options. If I were a potential buyer on the used market I'd be looking for something that stands out and is unique, and most on the market would be a pass for me. It took me two years of looking to find what I had been looking for.

So, it can take a long time to sell a high dollar car. The buyer pool for a Honda Civic is much higher.
markups (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 11:23 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Randy M
The majority of GT3's for sale out there are fairly standard in color and options. If I were a potential buyer on the used market I'd be looking for something that stands out and is unique, and most on the market would be a pass for me. It took me two years of looking to find what I had been looking for.

So, it can take a long time to sell a high dollar car. The buyer pool for a Honda Civic is much higher.
This whole thing is a complete clown show. You go and talk to a dealer and they're like "Oh we'll sell this car within a week"- meaning the GT3 sitting there. And now, 2 weeks on, car is still sitting there. Or "I've got 8 leads on that car"-- well, you can have it then, buddy!

I remember buying a 991.2 GT3 for $1k under MSRP with 800 miles on it in 2019. These cars WILL come down in price. How steep is the slope is anyone's guess. We had a damn pandemic which sent the world into complete mania. It's going to adjust. Will it go to MSRP or below? Don't know, but it ain't gonna be $65k markup forever.
markups (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 01:25 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
It's going to adjust. Will it go to MSRP or below? Don't know, but it ain't gonna be $65k markup forever.
yeah, msrp is going up almost $20k.
The following 3 users liked this post by AlexCeres:
Diablo Dude (04-14-2023), markups (04-14-2023), Peruna (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 01:41 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,137 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
yeah, msrp is going up almost $20k.
Porsche wants to move up market. Less is more and higher profits per car. This year it’s 18% per vehicle, next year more and more, they are a truly a publicly traded company now and need to show more and more profits. They will do this until something breaks internally or externally.

At some point in the future you may not see $50k over ADM, but you will see the 992.2 GT3 be $50k higher MSRP than the 992.1 and with that, all boats (GT3s used) will rise with the tide.
The following 5 users liked this post by cosmos:
Diablo Dude (04-14-2023), markups (04-14-2023), Peruna (04-14-2023), Randy M (04-14-2023), Scrappy1972 (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 11:49 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
Porsche wants to move up market. Less is more and higher profits per car. This year it’s 18% per vehicle, next year more and more, they are a truly a publicly traded company now and need to show more and more profits. They will do this until something breaks internally or externally.

At some point in the future you may not see $50k over ADM, but you will see the 992.2 GT3 be $50k higher MSRP than the 992.1 and with that, all boats (GT3s used) will rise with the tide.
Agreed.
It's all about gross margins.
For Porsche, less is more.

And for some reason, this never seems to enter the mindset of posters here that continue to yap about how the ADM's will be disappearing and GT cars will be back to selling at MSRP.
They've been posting this "narrative" for 2 years now. They've been totally wrong. Meanwhile, during this time the MSRP on a GT3 has increased nearly $22,000.

Think the MSRP stays where it is ($182,900) come time for the 992.2 model?
Of course not. It will be pushing $200,000 easy.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-14-2023 at 12:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
AlexCeres (04-15-2023), RUF RS (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Randy M
Drifting

I cannot remember a time where anyone could walk into a Porsche dealer and order a GT3 for sticker without having an existing relationship, long time client etc. It does.... not.... happen, and will not happen.
Juggy (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 12:08 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Let's not forget that some of price increase of cars over the past 3 years is simply due to inflation, and is not simply because persistent demand is enabling manufacturers to raise prices and profit margins. From that standpoint, a physical asset like a car is somewhat of a hedge against inflation (unlike cash), but in the long run almost all of these cars will be depreciating assets if you actually drive them rather than store them in a time capsule.
Old 04-14-2023, 01:17 PM
ohsix
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the waitlist for a GT3t at Porsche South Austin. They're currently "asking" $100k over sticker for a GT3t allocation. The truth is the GM asks each salesman how much their GT3t customers are willing to pay over MSRP and the salesmen reach out to their customers to see who will pay the most and the high bidder gets to order a car.

My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted me last month and said they have an allocation for me. I offered significantly less than $100K over sticker, but still well over sticker. The sales manager emailed me that he had a long list of buyers at $100k over. I told him I don't want to waste his time and I won't pay $100k over. He never responded, so I guess he had a higher bidder. My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted yesterday and said they have a GT3t allocation for me if I'm still interested. They're still asking $100k over sticker. I upped my offer by $10k from last month, but still well short of $100k over. In both offers, I've offered to wire the full purchase price same day. I thought sitting on my money for several months would give them some incentive to take my offer, but no luck.

I did agree on price for a new GT3t with another dealer outside of my home state. After we agreed on price (which included ADM), I learned that they were selling me a car that had already been ordered instead of the ablility to order a car to my spec. The car was too far off from what I want, so I passed. After agreeing on price, but before learning that I was negotiating for an already ordered car and not an allocation, the GM called me to discuss payment. In order to "hide the ADM from Porsche" he wanted me to buy a used Cayenne which he would then buy back from me in 30 days for the amount I paid minus the ADM. I told him I'm happy to wire money or write a check for the ADM, and he can call the ADM whatever he wants, but I'm not buying another vehicle to hide the ADM. This does make me curious how other dealers are hiding the ADM from Porsche. Anyone care to share how their dealer got paid for ADM?

The interesting thing is both Porsche dealers I have tried to order a GT3t from tell me that if I'll pay their ADM this time, I'll be able to order GT cars at sticker in the future. I have no reason to believe they won't sell their future GT car allocations to the highest bidder in the future, just like they are today.
Old 04-14-2023, 01:22 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by ohsix
The interesting thing is both Porsche dealers I have tried to order a GT3t from tell me that if I'll pay their ADM this time, I'll be able to order GT cars at sticker in the future. I have no reason to believe they won't sell their future GT car allocations to the highest bidder in the future, just like they are today.
Ask them for this in writing. I'm sure they have a notary at the dealer
Old 04-14-2023, 03:12 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsix
I'm on the waitlist for a GT3t at Porsche South Austin. They're currently "asking" $100k over sticker for a GT3t allocation. The truth is the GM asks each salesman how much their GT3t customers are willing to pay over MSRP and the salesmen reach out to their customers to see who will pay the most and the high bidder gets to order a car.

My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted me last month and said they have an allocation for me. I offered significantly less than $100K over sticker, but still well over sticker. The sales manager emailed me that he had a long list of buyers at $100k over. I told him I don't want to waste his time and I won't pay $100k over. He never responded, so I guess he had a higher bidder. My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted yesterday and said they have a GT3t allocation for me if I'm still interested. They're still asking $100k over sticker. I upped my offer by $10k from last month, but still well short of $100k over. In both offers, I've offered to wire the full purchase price same day. I thought sitting on my money for several months would give them some incentive to take my offer, but no luck.

I did agree on price for a new GT3t with another dealer outside of my home state. After we agreed on price (which included ADM), I learned that they were selling me a car that had already been ordered instead of the ablility to order a car to my spec. The car was too far off from what I want, so I passed. After agreeing on price, but before learning that I was negotiating for an already ordered car and not an allocation, the GM called me to discuss payment. In order to "hide the ADM from Porsche" he wanted me to buy a used Cayenne which he would then buy back from me in 30 days for the amount I paid minus the ADM. I told him I'm happy to wire money or write a check for the ADM, and he can call the ADM whatever he wants, but I'm not buying another vehicle to hide the ADM. This does make me curious how other dealers are hiding the ADM from Porsche. Anyone care to share how their dealer got paid for ADM?

That is about as shady as they come most dealer just ask for ADM straight up no pretenses. There is zero chance the same shady dealer will give you allocation at sticker.
Porsche is not stupid and the price increase should eat into dealer ADMs.
WCGhost (04-18-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM