992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 02:05 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Maybe my sample set isn’t representative. How many of you guys are capable of driving a GT car at least 9/10ths on track but choose to drive it only on the road? If so, do you have roads where you can safely open up the car enough to have fun?
Old 01-10-2023, 02:25 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Maybe my sample set isn’t representative. How many of you guys are capable of driving a GT car at least 9/10ths on track but choose to drive it only on the road? If so, do you have roads where you can safely open up the car enough to have fun?
I will bite on your question, although it is not directly ADM related:

Finally got a GT3 and can tell that it is OBVIOUSLY a much more capable car than what I have been tracking so far (ie, e36 M3)… so I will certainly not have the arrogance to even think that I could hop in the GT3 and get even close to 9/10th of its capabilities.

My personal goal for now is to enjoy it (safely) on the roads, and start tracking my 911T to build experience behind the wheel of a 911 in 2023, before “upgrading” to the GT3.

Also considering attending some PEC classes to speed up process.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTTROIS:
Diablo Dude (01-10-2023), Manifold (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 02:30 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
I will bite on your question, although it is not directly ADM related:

Finally got a GT3 and can tell that it is OBVIOUSLY a much more capable car than what I have been tracking so far (ie, e36 M3)… so I will certainly not have the arrogance to even think that I could hop in the GT3 and get even close to 9/10th of its capabilities.

My personal goal for now is to enjoy it (safely) on the roads, and start tracking my 911T to build experience behind the wheel of a 911 in 2023, before “upgrading” to the GT3.

Also considering attending some PEC classes to speed up process.
Enjoy the journey. I think you’d be fine tracking the GT3 now, just give time to work towards its limits. 991.1 GT3 is very fast, and 992 GT3 is a lot faster.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,272 Posts

The thread is about ADM. Who buys what cars for what purpose, and what they’re willing to pay, influences that.
So you like to continuously gawk at car wrecks and dumpster fires? I sure don’t. I did put one person in the thread on ignore to filter out some of the recurring noise.
Sorry, but you're about as "tone-deaf" as I've ever seen on RL.

This thread has never been about ADM.
It's just a place for you to feel important and spew your nonsense about why you'll never be driving a 992 series GT3.
Moreover, you've repeated yourself 140 times in a little over two months and dont seem to have the most basic comprehension that no one is gonna publicly reveal what their ADM was.

Either it was too high and they wish to avoid being a target from posters like yourself, "Ascend", and that "We Like The Track" clown, or their ADM was considerably lower than what others paid at the same dealership and they do not wish to alienate them, or their SA.

This is just basic real world cognition.
But you're so self-absorbed that you cant even see it.
I cant even begin to imagine what you must be like at a neighborhood barbeque or cocktail party.

Good luck with being #1 on your dealer's list for a GT car at MSRP . . . not having bought a GT car since 2016.
Glad I made your ignore list.

You've become a boring joke.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-10-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:30 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I remember chain mail in the late 90s saying, let’s all not buy gas on XX day to force gas prices down.

Amazing how we thought it was expensive back then.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:47 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

The thread is about ADM. Who buys what cars for what purpose, and what they’re willing to pay, influences that. People like rusmani (and me) can’t get the car they want at the price they want to pay because of what other buyers are doing. That’s the collective reality. Not the fault of dealers, and not really even the fault of Porsche since they’re playing the long game and trying to match long-term supply and demand.
In my opinion from what I have seen, I am placing more of the blame on dealers simply because they are hanging on to inventory for so long. They are attempting to be market makers, they have the pipeline to new vehicles, and they are incentivizing new sales with the purchase of pre owned Porsches, therefore trying to control the used market as well. Many did not sell allocations to the highest bidder, or go down a list and play their part in an efficient market. Instead when they didn't get the absurd markup they so greedily wanted, they went ahead and used an allocation and optioned out a car to their liking, and have had it sit on their showroom floor for several months. There are now cars that have been listed for over a year. I don't think blaming people who paid a certain price for a car makes sense, everyone has their own timelines, but dealers hoarding cars and asking for insane markups is lame. Dealers are also the ones who decided to overpay for cars last summer, they should be better at forecasting prices since it impacts their business not an individual buyer. Now that they overpaid used cars sit on their showrooms without being driven, and they are making us pay for their miscalculations.

Last edited by WCGhost; 01-10-2023 at 04:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:57 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WCGhost
In my opinion from what I have seen, I am placing more of the blame on dealers simply because they are hanging on to inventory for so long. They are attempting to be market makers, they have the pipeline to new vehicles, and they are incentivizing new sales with the purchase of pre owned Porsches, therefore trying to control the used market as well. Many did not sell allocations to the highest bidder, or go down a list and play their part in an efficient market. Instead when they didn't get the absurd markup they so greedily wanted, they went ahead and used an allocation and optioned out a car to their liking, and have had it sit on their showroom floor for several months. There are now cars that have been listed for over a year. I don't think blaming people who paid a certain price for a car makes sense, everyone has their own timelines, but dealers hoarding cars and asking for insane markups is lame. Dealers are also the ones who decided to overpay for cars last summer, they should be better at forecasting prices since it impacts their business not an individual buyer. Now that they overpaid used cars sit on their showrooms without being driven, and they are making us pay for their miscalculations.
Could be that dealers have miscalculated. The pandemic effect is pretty much unprecedented, so everyone is flying somewhat blind.

We’ll see who blinks first. Dealers will either need to drop prices to move cars, or buyers will need to pony up and pay higher prices than they wanted to. My guess is that it will be more the former, since I’m expecting there will be an economic downturn which will significantly dampen demand. These cars are in the want category, not need, and there are alternatives. Plenty of nice McLarens already available for under $200k.

Last edited by Manifold; 01-10-2023 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:56 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Could be that dealers have miscalculated. The pandemic effect is pretty much unprecedented, so everyone is flying somewhat blind.

We’ll see who blinks first. Dealers will either need to drop prices to move cars, or buyers will need to pony up and pay higher prices than they wanted to. My guess is that it will be more the former, since I’m expecting there will be an economic downturn which will significantly dampen demand. These cars are in the want category, not need, and there are alternatives. Plenty of nice McLarens already available for under $200k.
Yeah, but the Mclaren dealer network is a fraction of Porsche, and that alone is a huge deterrent.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:55 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Yeah, but the Mclaren dealer network is a fraction of Porsche, and that alone is a huge deterrent.
that’s not an issue in the major markets. California Porsche dealers have sold a lot of McLaren’s in the last 2 years.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:59 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

When is the fed stop raising rates?
Old 01-10-2023, 10:12 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

And it’s not about saving money on a McLaren. It’s all cross shopping in the price bracket the adm pushes the car into. $350-$400K for a 911 ? Lol. Sorry if it’s not a 911R or gt2rs why the **** would you do that ? Lambo and Ferrari have been on fire the last couple years if mclaren isn’t your cup of tea.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:20 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ascend
When is the fed stop raising rates?
When they shake out the last of the diamond hands for Blackrock to scoop up. I’m not sure how you demand destruct groceries without forcing people to crime.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:24 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

When they shake out the last of the diamond hands for Blackrock to scoop up. I’m not sure how you demand destruct groceries without forcing people to crime.
You mean they will wait for it to drop more?
Old 01-10-2023, 10:26 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

A multi-billionaire buys up the vast majority of the GT cars by paying very high ADM, thus driving up the ADM for the cars bought by others, and proceeds to send them all to the junkyard because he finds it amusing. Everyone ok with that? He can do whatever he wants with his money, right? No basis for anyone to complain about his actions?
Honestly, I’m ok with that.

I wouldn’t be ok with a billionaire buying up farmland and water rights, though.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:12 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Honestly, I’m ok with that.

I wouldn’t be ok with a billionaire buying up farmland and water rights, though.
Exactly - there is a difference between public utilities and luxury goods (/sports cars, etc). If you want everything to be price controlled move to North Korea and let me know how it goes. We should all strive to make sure society has basic needs but if people with money (who have fairly earned it or inherited it) want to spend it on luxury goods to the point where many can’t get it then so be it. Just remember - if you don’t like ADMs (which again I don’t want to pay but I appreciate that they exist in certain market conditions) - you better not be in favor of dealer discounts to where they make almost nothing when supply far outweighs demand.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM