Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 02:04 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
Can we all agree CA dealers are absolutely the greediest on average compared to other states? Existing relationships don't count. I'm talking about just someone shopping around for their first Porsche.

I live in the SF Bay Area and know a few people including myself that bought their Porsches out of state and actually paid less that way.
Originally Posted by Manifold
Maybe the demand, relative to supply, is highest in CA?
The vast majority of CA dealers are vampire stealers who don't place any value or are interested in building relationships with customers. I tried to start a relationship with a handful of local ones to me back in 2015/2016 and all I got was crickets so F them. We have a lot of impatient idiots/posers with money who live in CA so these vampire stealers look to drain wallets for as much as they can.
The following 4 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
EMdoc (01-07-2023), hitmonlee (01-07-2023), Sardar (01-10-2023), welikethetrack (01-08-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 10:16 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The vast majority of CA dealers are vampire stealers who don't place any value or are interested in building relationships with customers. I tried to start a relationship with a handful of local ones to me back in 2015/2016 and all I got was crickets so F them. We have a lot of impatient idiots/posers with money who live in CA so these vampire stealers look to drain wallets for as much as they can.
I’m gonna defend the dealers again. Their goal is to make as much money as they can, and sales staff need to focus on the shorter term because their personal incomes depend on it. The reason why prices get high is because we buyers are bidding against each other. You can’t walk in out of the blue and get a car for $10k ADM because other guys will pay more. Biggest factor driving up prices of GT track cars is that non-track guys want them, which is unfortunate for track guys.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
zairegp
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
This is a very balanced view imo
Aside from the fact that BaT adds $5k to every auction over $100k, so it was closer to $38k RNM for a car which, let's face it, has 5k miles. We can all sit here and talk about the fact that it isn't many (and it's is true), but for a full price, I am expecting 1k or below. The Touring that was also RNM had the hideous blue interior - no surprise it had a hard time selling. The third one seemed like a reasonable spec, but PDK and sofas - I didn't look too closely to be honest. Are prices going to come down? Of course they are. I think $20k over by 3Q seems reasonable too

Last edited by zairegp; 01-07-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:41 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by zairegp
for a full price, I am expecting 1k or below.
For a full price I'm expecting 100 or below
Old 01-07-2023, 06:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
I’m gonna defend the dealers again. Their goal is to make as much money as they can, and sales staff need to focus on the shorter term because their personal incomes depend on it. The reason why prices get high is because we buyers are bidding against each other. You can’t walk in out of the blue and get a car for $10k ADM because other guys will pay more. Biggest factor driving up prices of GT track cars is that non-track guys want them, which is unfortunate for track guys.
I know dealers are in business to make money but the question is will the dealer focus on short term gains or long term relationships. I just placed another order from my dealer for a non-GT car (Taycan GTS ST) and I'll keep continuing to order non-GT cars from there for my daily driver and business vehicle needs plus they will get the Macan that I purchased from them back in as a trade in. I buy non-GT cars from there every 12-18 months because I rack up so many miles on my non-GT cars.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:21 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I know dealers are in business to make money but the question is will the dealer focus on short term gains or long term relationships. I just placed another order from my dealer for a non-GT car (Taycan GTS ST) and I'll keep continuing to order non-GT cars from there for my daily driver and business vehicle needs plus they will get the Macan that I purchased from them back in as a trade in. I buy non-GT cars from there every 12-18 months because I rack up so many miles on my non-GT cars.
How many cars do you think your dealer will have to sell you before they make say, 100k, which is the going rate for an ADM on an RS?

Maybe 6? 7? 8? Or even 10 cars?

And that's only after maybe years (since, as you say, you buy every 12-18 months).

With an ADM, dealer gets 100k now, not 6 or 7 years from now.

And because we all understand the time value of money, the 100k today is worth significantly more than 100k 6 years from now.

Plus on top of all this, you my friend are not the typical Porsche buyer.

An exception like yourself does not a rule make.
The following 3 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (01-07-2023), Diablo Dude (01-07-2023), Manifold (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 06:46 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
How many cars do you think your dealer will have to sell you before they make say, 100k, which is the going rate for an ADM on an RS?

And that's only after maybe years (since, as you say, you buy every 12-18 months).

And because we all understand the time value of money, the 100k today is worth significantly more than 100k 6 years from now.

I’ll guess based on his postings;

California dealers generally dont do Montana .

he’s a real estate agent …. He uses irs 179 deductions for the SUV’s and has to keep buying /trading to get the incremental deduction each year .

his real in to getting msrp was paying $50k adm on his 991.1 gt3rs . This is what allowed him to get a few cars (during different economic times ) at msrp .

I’d say his currency to get msrp has run out (dealers will give these cars at msrp to those who have paid adm in the past or well above msrp in the used car market space ).

I haven’t seen him get a 992 gt3 and he doesn’t have a 992 gt3rs allocation either .

those who keep the adm beat drumming are those who think it will lower the amount of people who will go after the car and they will continue their msrp system .

so many distorted postings on rennlist with this topic .
Old 01-07-2023, 06:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Those $100k ADMs won't be there forever and can fluctuate depending on various factors. You have to count each car that I buy from them as 2 transactions because I trade back the car that I bought from them so they'll make a $100k profit in 2-3 years. I go through my daily driver and business vehicle so quickly as I drive around 40-50k miles a year between both cars and I never want to be without a warranty and have to deal with maintenance costs. I average 2-3 transactions a year with my dealer (buy and trade in) and I know I'm not a whale customer as there are a few customers that do 8-10 transactions a year.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yesyoucan

he’s a real estate agent …. He uses irs 179 deductions for the SUV’s and has to keep buying /trading to get the incremental deduction each year .

his real in to getting msrp was paying $50k adm on his 991.1 gt3rs . This is what allowed him to get a few cars (during different economic times ) at msrp .

I’d say his currency to get msrp has run out (dealers will give these cars at msrp to those who have paid adm in the past or well above msrp in the used car market space ).

I haven’t seen him get a 992 gt3 and he doesn’t have a 992 gt3rs allocation either .

those who keep the adm beat drumming are those who think it will lower the amount of people who will go after the car and they will continue their msrp system .

so many distorted postings on rennlist with this topic .
I love how you like to make assumptions when you think you know all about me. The 991.1 GT3RS that I bought for a $50k ADM was actually from a CA dealership and I did register it through my Montana LLC. The way that I established my relationship with PNH was with a 3-car transaction where I bought a 997 4L and traded in to them my 991.1 GT3RS and my PTS 997.2 GT3RS. I've used Cayennes (which qualify for section 179 bonus depreciation) and Macans (which do not qualify for section 179 bonus depreciation so only straight line deprecation can be taken) as my business vehicles. The reason why I go through those those non-GT cars so fast is not because of the tax advantages but rather because I drive so much for work and don't want to deal with the cars being out of warranty and the maintenance costs (tires, brakes, service, etc).

Btw, I thought you are a regular at Speed District events. I don't usually get the first of allocations as they take care of their whales first. Didn't you see me with my 992 Touring back in November at Buttonwillow in November (and yes, I got it for MSRP)? If not, here's an action shot for you....

The following 3 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
EMdoc (01-09-2023), fijibubba (01-15-2023), welikethetrack (01-08-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 07:36 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Agreed 100% about assigning moral character to a simple supply/demand problem. - - - By the way, CALIFORNIA is the 4th LARGEST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD.

California recently moved ahead of Germany.

PS. I drove my new 2023 GT3 Touring today.

bravo! Same here. It was an unusually warm day here in PA so we put a ton of miles on today and enjoyed stops at Maserati and McLaren for additional fun Hope you are enjoying your car!
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 07:48 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe mac
bravo! Same here. It was an unusually warm day here in PA so we put a ton of miles on today and enjoyed stops at Maserati and McLaren for additional fun Hope you are enjoying your car!
Hi Joe.
Glad you were able to get out and drive on an unusually warm day.
As you know, we've been hit with one atmospheric river after another since Dec. 26th.
I havent seen anything like this since 1994. San Francisco literally got 11" of rainfall in 11 days.

Lots of very high wind gusts today and basically dry until we get hit later this evening.
Sunday night into Monday morning is gonna be a horror show. It's gonna pour several inches and our hillsides are already saturated!

Two days ago, the Santa Cruz Wharf got hit hard with 30 foot waves and damage to the Sea Cliff and Capitola piers (photo on the right).
Rio del Mar on the photo below (left).

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-07-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:04 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan

Troll much? Don’t hate the player hate the game.
usctrojanGT3 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 12:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Troll much? Don’t hate the player hate the game.
Don't mind him, he's my #1 fan on RL. Maybe he can be my financial advisor since he knows so much about my finances so maybe one day I can afford to buy a McLaren.
RUF RS (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 01:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Another great video about the future of used car prices from Lucky Lopez....

Old 01-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

https://moneywise.com/investing/alte...-keep-plunging
fijibubba (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM