Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 07:13 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 601 Posts

Also if anyone has a blank switch they could sell me. I replaced my spoiler with a duck and would love to blank it out.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:17 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Anyone have any idea what this code does?
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2024, 06:00 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Anyone have any idea what this code does?
There are settings for how the rear brakes will blink during emergency braking situations. You can determine at what G-forces it triggers, when it stops and how long it runs. As in, you stab the brakes hard and the brakes blink rapidly. Under normal braking it doesn't happen, they just come on solid when you press the brake pedal.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:40 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by wkearney99
There are settings for how the rear brakes will blink during emergency braking situations. You can determine at what G-forces it triggers, when it stops and how long it runs. As in, you stab the brakes hard and the brakes blink rapidly. Under normal braking it doesn't happen, they just come on solid when you press the brake pedal.
I already have emergency braking working on my car and I did not change this code. I agree that it is possible that this code may have something to do with emergency braking. If it does, the question is how does changing this code to yes change the operation of emergency braking?
Old 05-25-2024, 01:27 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Running back to programming PSE...

So, after changing the COV for the valves, i have restored my NON PSE behavior. The button lights up, i hear a click (but not the valves fully opening) and nothing happens. I went back and checked my coding, but im assuming there is a step im either missing, or is not possible to do with ThinkDiag (Need PIWIS).

As of right now, the car works like this
PSE on/off---> At idle the valves are open, past 5mph, they close, then will reopen past 3300rpm with moderate pressure. Im assuming this is how it SHOULD world with a Non-PSE car.

I have ran the accusation of the valves in the Rear End Electronics section and can verify that they do indeed work, nothing is stuck.

I understand this is a ThinkDiag thread, but this somewhat applies to it.
Old 05-25-2024, 01:43 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by Ken718B
I already have emergency braking working on my car and I did not change this code. I agree that it is possible that this code may have something to do with emergency braking. If it does, the question is how does changing this code to yes change the operation of emergency braking?
answering my own question. Someone on the 718 forum helped me out. This code does relate to ebd. When ebd is triggered the emergency flashers come on. This is apparently factory coding in Germany.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:02 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by RwdConnor
Running back to programming PSE...

So, after changing the COV for the valves, i have restored my NON PSE behavior. The button lights up, i hear a click (but not the valves fully opening) and nothing happens. I went back and checked my coding, but im assuming there is a step im either missing, or is not possible to do with ThinkDiag (Need PIWIS).

As of right now, the car works like this
PSE on/off---> At idle the valves are open, past 5mph, they close, then will reopen past 3300rpm with moderate pressure. Im assuming this is how it SHOULD world with a Non-PSE car.

I have ran the accusation of the valves in the Rear End Electronics section and can verify that they do indeed work, nothing is stuck.

I understand this is a ThinkDiag thread, but this somewhat applies to it.
Have someone press the button and feel which COV the button is activating.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:16 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Catharpin
Have someone press the button and feel which COV the button is activating.
Thats the next step. New one comes in on Tuesday. My car is still acting like a non-PSE car. So im assuming i have to actually code it with PIWIS.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:24 AM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Is there a way to permanently turn off the air bag warning light via ThinkDiag?
Old 05-26-2024, 08:16 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 109 Posts

If anyone want's a Thinkdiag, barely used (maybe 4 times), PM me. $50 shipped. I upgraded to a PIWIS 3.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:04 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Hey ill take it

For some reason i cant pm. Budtaylorus at yahoo

Originally Posted by Indyxc
If anyone want's a Thinkdiag, barely used (maybe 4 times), PM me. $50 shipped. I upgraded to a PIWIS 3.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:38 AM
Kethran
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by c615586
Is there a way to permanently turn off the air bag warning light via ThinkDiag?
I was looking in to the same thing for when I install track seats and harnesses in my 981 next month. I checked and the settings listed in the post linked below are available for coding in my car using ThinkDiag. Will post an update when I install the seats and actually test it (or if you try it before then, let me know how it goes). From what I've read elsewhere, this coding needs to be done with the stock seats installed prior to swapping in order to work correctly.

https://www.planet-9.com/posts/2196907/
The following users liked this post:
c615586 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 04:17 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

I successfully programed the PSE and have it fully working with only using ThinkDiag. I made a separate thread for it https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1413...thinkdiag.html

Another fun thing i did today, that i haven't seen talked about, is adding the Sport/Sport Plus display in the cluster. When i added a .2 wheel to my .1, i lost the indications on the ugly .1 PDK wheel.

Coding for it is:

Instrument Cluster -> Code/Brush Hiding -> Brush/hidden Modified -> Coding Value -> Coding Byte 3 -- Sport Mode Display = YES (Default=no)
The following 2 users liked this post by RwdConnor:
PJK3 (07-09-2024), thesaintusa (05-27-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 11:10 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Very strange thing happened this morning. I've been all over the car looking for sports plus activation using think diag for a while and it started working with morning with no code. I'm still using stock switch console so I've had to replace switch button functions for testing so stock programming on those buttons was replaced. 2012 991.1S

1. I coded the PSE valves to button #2 on the right (previously coded to auto start/stop) and this is working as expected. Opens valves when button is pushed and turn on whenever Sport or sports plus is turned on.
2. Coded sports plus to the 2nd botton on the left (previously coded to PASM) and this turns on sports plus on cluster as well as changing engine/PDK settings. Shifting happens at redline.

When I turn on the Sports Plus button the "sports Plus" display comes up on the cluster, the car ECU/TCU change to sports plus mode but I'm not seeing any changes on the PCM or SC clock so I'm assuming the change has not been applied to the PCM. Any ideas?

Last edited by joserpaq; 05-28-2024 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:16 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Very strange thing happened this morning. I've been all over the car looking for sports plus activation using think diag for a while and it started working with morning with no code. I'm still using stock switch console so I've had to replace switch button functions for testing so stock programming on those buttons was replaced. 2012 991.1S

1. I coded the PSE valves to button #2 on the right (previously coded to auto start/stop) and this is working as expected. Opens valves when button is pushed and turn on whenever Sport or sports plus is turned on.
2. Coded sports plus to the 2nd botton on the left (previously coded to PASM) and this turns on sports plus on cluster as well as changing engine/PDK settings. Shifting happens at redline.

When I turn on the Sports Plus button the "sports Plus" display comes up on the cluster, the car ECU/TCU change to sports plus mode but I'm not seeing any changes on the PCM or SC clock so I'm assuming the change has not been applied to the PCM. Any ideas?

I would appreciate it if you would me let know what coding you used so far to get sport plus to work.

However, it is possible that getting sport chrono to work on the PCM needs the activation code. I would look to see if I could find any codes in the PCM but you have a different PCM than I have.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic