Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 11:07 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Irfan
someone needs to make a guide for dummies. Lol. Still can’t figure it out on the tablet.
I did make a guide for using the thinkdiag which I previously posted. Attached is another copy.

If someone has the link to the thinkdiag app on the company's website, please send it to me. I have only found the app on third party websites.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
thinkdiag instructions.pdf (546.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-21-2024, 11:44 PM
Irfan
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by innout
Another thing i will mention is, I first tried a cheapo 50 dollar Android tablet (like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1) which had BT connection issues, so I returned it. Instead I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 which worked flawlessly. So, i tried iPhone (fail) => iPad (fail) => chinese android 14 tablet (fail) => Samsung tablet (success)
it is a $50 cepo one.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:59 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by Irfan
it is a $50 cepo one.
You don't necessarily need an expensive android. I am using a kindle fire hd 8. I am running a custom android rom but I don't know if that was needed to run the thinkdiag app. I installed the custom rom long before I bought the thinkdiag.

Last edited by Ken718B; 06-22-2024 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-22-2024, 01:22 PM
leedo3
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Tried to download the Thinkdiag+ app on my Samsung Tab A through Google App store..
Got the message that the app was incompatible with my device.

Was able to directly download the Android Thinkdiag+ app from this location "https://thinkdiag.co.uk/download.php".
The link for the app is towards the bottom of the page.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:06 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 533 Posts

I changed cars, can this device be reassigned to my new car or do I have to buy another one
Old 06-22-2024, 11:32 PM
innout
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
I changed cars, can this device be reassigned to my new car or do I have to buy another one
it's not locked to a car.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:51 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by leedo3
Tried to download the Thinkdiag+ app on my Samsung Tab A through Google App store..
Got the message that the app was incompatible with my device.

Was able to directly download the Android Thinkdiag+ app from this location "https://thinkdiag.co.uk/download.php".
The link for the app is towards the bottom of the page.
That link is to an old version. The current version is 3.1.0.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:56 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

Not locked to a specific car (like Durametric Enthusiast by VIN), but to manufacturer.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:28 PM
itbme
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

has a dealer given anyone grief about these (warranty/cpo)?
Old 06-23-2024, 03:29 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 533 Posts

I was able to clear codes caused by the MIB install for Android Auto so its working on my new car.
Is there anyone here that would be willing to whats App with me and walk me through the first coding, Once I do 1 Ill be fine but Im concerned about fugging it up.
PM me if you have time
Old 06-23-2024, 04:34 PM
N0 Substitute
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kethran
Quick update. I had some time to test this and unfortunately trying to change any of the settings in the airbag coding category resulted in a "write code failed" notification.

So I went with the backup plan and just disabled the relevant warning lights in the instrument cluster coding category.

Swapping seats next weekend so will see then if this at least prevents the warning light when I unplug everything.

Still hoping I can get the coding of the airbag, seat position sensors, etc working somehow, as this seems like the best way to disable the warning light with relative confidence that the rest of the system is still functional. Will probably try to borrow or buy a PIWIS eventually if I can't get it to work with ThinkDiag.
Originally Posted by Ken718B
If you can’t figure it out with the thinkdiag you can rent a piwis for $99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28582774826...3ABFBMuNXx0v9j
I was able to do this with mine. Did not get any write errors. Just installed Euro spec 4-way seats and coded out PODS, position, and buckle sensors. Did not disable any indicator lights. You will have to search for PODS, as it doesn't show up any other way. Not sure why I can change this and others cannot?
SBR mat was already Shutdown on my car - 2019 Carrera T with LWBS to 4-ways. These are the only items I altered.

Old 06-23-2024, 05:02 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by itbme
has a dealer given anyone grief about these (warranty/cpo)?
Why would they? The only issue is if they use PIWIS to reflash anything you'd likely have to go back and re-do the coding. There's not that many (any?) settings you're likely to re-code here that would rise to the level of being factors in causing problems. Now, you could go editing a lot of wrong things and end up with unworkable configs that would require dealer resetting "everything". I would not expect that to be a covered warranty expense, I'd expect to have to pay out of pocket for screw ups like that. But I would not expect that to influence the warranty.
The following users liked this post:
itbme (06-23-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 03:00 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,185 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
My car stopped chirping when I lock it. Changed siren, still no chirp. Researching the issue, read that chirps can be programmed on or off. Anybody know how to do that?
SOLVED.

I disconnected battery for 20 minutes to reset everything. With new siren in, still the same - no chirp. Put the old siren back in and now back to chirping! I think I know what happened.

I may not have mentioned this, but I used Thinkdiag to change coding for doors to remain locked when I open frunk. When I opened frunk for an extended period of time to change out siren (doors remained locked), I think system got confused. Disconnecting battery reset everything. Not sure that is the cause, but just the same, time to use Thinkdiag to change door/frunk locks to the way it was.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:01 PM
Kethran
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by N0 Substitute
I was able to do this with mine. Did not get any write errors. Just installed Euro spec 4-way seats and coded out PODS, position, and buckle sensors. Did not disable any indicator lights. You will have to search for PODS, as it doesn't show up any other way. Not sure why I can change this and others cannot?
SBR mat was already Shutdown on my car - 2019 Carrera T with LWBS to 4-ways. These are the only items I altered.

Interesting, surprised that it worked for you on a newer model/generation (991.2) but won't work on my 981.

SBR mat defaulted to shutdown on my car as well.

I did the swap and didn't get any warning lights other than the expected "passenger air bag off". Not surprising since I had disabled the other airbags and seatbelt warning lights. When I did the swap I took the seat position sensors and buckles off my old seats and plugged them into the wiring harness, as well as a 2.7 ohm resistor connected to the pins for the thorax airbag. With this setup ThinkDiag shows no errors codes other than one for the PODS being disconnected.

Will keep tinkering with the ThinkDiag. Also picked up a PIWIS 3 but haven't had time to set it up and try it out yet.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:30 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
SOLVED.

I disconnected battery for 20 minutes to reset everything. With new siren in, still the same - no chirp. Put the old siren back in and now back to chirping! I think I know what happened.

I may not have mentioned this, but I used Thinkdiag to change coding for doors to remain locked when I open frunk. When I opened frunk for an extended period of time to change out siren (doors remained locked), I think system got confused. Disconnecting battery reset everything. Not sure that is the cause, but just the same, time to use Thinkdiag to change door/frunk locks to the way it was.
I coded my 718 to have the doors remain locked when the frunk/trunk was opened and did not have the issue with the chirp not working

I have now instead coded my 718 to have the opening of the frunk/trunk unlock the doors and trigger the relocking function so the doors will relock if I do not open the doors within 60 seconds. I also did not have the issue with the chirp not working with this coding.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic