Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 10:30 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 911T4ME
Thanks Ken. I'll just stick with S/S as off and choose if I want PASM saved as on or off.
If you set Auto Stop Start to default to off rather than last mode, how does that change what happens to PASM?

Air Conditioning: Coding value- Default Driving State Coding Value = Eco Off {Default: Eco ON}
Air Conditioning: Coding value- Default Driving State Coding Value Last Mode = No {Default: No}
Old 05-20-2024, 12:27 AM
911T4ME
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
If you set Auto Stop Start to default to off rather than last mode, how does that change what happens to PASM?

Air Conditioning: Coding value- Default Driving State Coding Value = Eco Off {Default: Eco ON}
Air Conditioning: Coding value- Default Driving State Coding Value Last Mode = No {Default: No}
Thanks, I'll try it!
Old 05-20-2024, 03:00 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Thanks, I'll try it!

When you do that can you check the code in the driver's door for Hall Positioning? I want to know if your car is set the same as my 718.
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2024, 11:18 PM
911T4ME
Rennlist Member

When you do that can you check the code in the driver's door for Hall Positioning? I want to know if your car is set the same as my 718.
Yeah, I'll let you know.
The following users liked this post:
Ken718B (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:59 PM
911T4ME
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, it doesnt change PASM. PASM still remembers last state - if off it stays off after restart when you select sport or sport +, but PASM should always be on for those modes. Ill just have to remember to manually select PASM when i want it (mostly at the track)
Old 05-21-2024, 08:00 PM
911T4ME
Rennlist Member

Yes, Ken mine is programmed the same.
Ken718B (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 08:25 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Unfortunately, it doesnt change PASM. PASM still remembers last state - if off it stays off after restart when you select sport or sport +, but PASM should always be on for those modes. Ill just have to remember to manually select PASM when i want it (mostly at the track)
This may be where something like the T-design9 module might be useful. It's designed to sit in-between the center console button panel module and the LIN bus. It watches for LIN bus messages to/from the button module. Button presses, button indicator lights being set on/off, etc. It watches how they get set and sends the same button messages when powered up again. Not cheap, but what is on these cars? I had one on my Cayenne and it worked perfectly. https://t-design9.com/memory_module_porsche.html
Old 05-21-2024, 08:44 PM
Ken718B
Banned

That is surprising. You are saying that it works differently than the way it worked before you did any coding?

If you coded to remember last mode you changed the second code to yes. Did you change the second code back to the default of no? Just checking.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:08 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Hello All,

I have a 991.1S non PSE and I've been playing around with some button coding to try and activate the exhaust valves using button on console. I can turn flaps on/off by going to actuation in rear end electronics. When I operate them I can here the flaps open/close.

I then went into the AC module:
  1. changed BKE/right/button 2 from auto on/off to sports exhaust but no change
  2. took apart button console and removed front cover to expose rubber puah buttons. Then assigned sports exhaust to BKE/right/button 3 that was not assigned to anything but no change.
I did notice that when I made a change to button #2 (originally auto start/stop) add coded it to spoiler the change did take but only have restarting the car. I then had both 1st and 2nd button doing the spoiler. Then changed back button 2 to auto start/stop and that took after a restart.

Just putting this out there in case anyone else is tinkering with this. I'd like to figure out how to code one of the buttons to control exhause valves and then buy used PSE center muffler for a swap.

Last edited by joserpaq; 05-23-2024 at 12:10 PM.
RwdConnor (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 01:19 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Hello All,

I have a 991.1S non PSE and I've been playing around with some button coding to try and activate the exhaust valves using button on console. I can turn flaps on/off by going to actuation in rear end electronics. When I operate them I can here the flaps open/close.

I then went into the AC module:
  1. changed BKE/right/button 2 from auto on/off to sports exhaust but no change
  2. took apart button console and removed front cover to expose rubber puah buttons. Then assigned sports exhaust to BKE/right/button 3 that was not assigned to anything but no change.
I did notice that when I made a change to button #2 (originally auto start/stop) add coded it to spoiler the change did take but only have restarting the car. I then had both 1st and 2nd button doing the spoiler. Then changed back button 2 to auto start/stop and that took after a restart.

Just putting this out there in case anyone else is tinkering with this. I'd like to figure out how to code one of the buttons to control exhause valves and then buy used PSE center muffler for a swap.
Funny enough, im trying to do this same thing right now to my non PSE .1 S. I believe i got it done.
You made sure to activate the exhaust button in the Aircon>brush/hidden section right?

As of right now, i can hear the valves doing something when i click the button, however im not sure if theyre fully open. Clicking the button with the car on isnt doing anything. However, when clicking the button with the car off, i hear a little sound. Im suspecting my change over valve has gone (or is going) so my first step is to replace that. If that doesn't work, then ill run new lines from the COV.

Thinking about making a youtube video once i figure everything out. There isnt a single thread dedicated to coding in PSE on S cars.
Porsche_nuts (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 02:02 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RwdConnor
Funny enough, im trying to do this same thing right now to my non PSE .1 S. I believe i got it done.
You made sure to activate the exhaust button in the Aircon>brush/hidden section right?

As of right now, i can hear the valves doing something when i click the button, however im not sure if theyre fully open. Clicking the button with the car on isnt doing anything. However, when clicking the button with the car off, i hear a little sound. Im suspecting my change over valve has gone (or is going) so my first step is to replace that. If that doesn't work, then ill run new lines from the COV.

Thinking about making a youtube video once i figure everything out. There isnt a single thread dedicated to coding in PSE on S cars.
yes. I did code the sport exhaust in AC section so it's there. What button did you assign the "sports exhaust" to on the console? When I use the 'actuate" option in "rear end electronics" I can definate hear the exhaust change so that same change should be heard when it's activated using the console button.
Old 05-23-2024, 03:15 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

yes. I did code the sport exhaust in AC section so it's there. What button did you assign the "sports exhaust" to on the console? When I use the 'actuate" option in "rear end electronics" I can definate hear the exhaust change so that same change should be heard when it's activated using the console button.
In the beginning, i put the PSE button Under the Auto Start/Stop button (this was before coding) i went in and activated the Sports exhaust and then oddly enough, the Auto S/S button was now PSE and PSE was Auto S/S. You can define the placement of the buttons in the BKE tab (i believe that's what its called). But i pulled the buttons off and switched them instead to have the correct layout.

I just tried the Rear End Electronics actuator section and i heard nothing at all. However when i click the PSE button, i hear something happening back there, though it sounds like the valves are opening 10-20%. Since the valve is controlled on vaccum, should the car be running/driving when messing with the button? Im wondering that if because i havent driven the car yet, that there is not enough vaccum to open and close.

Another odd thing is, when i started the car for the first time this morning, i can hear the exhaust open for MAYBE 1 second, then back to the same position it seems to always be in, PSE on/off. I ordered the COV this morning, id assumg that there was a leak in the lines, however, if there were then the valves would be open 100% of the time. Interesting.
Old 05-23-2024, 04:23 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

In the beginning, i put the PSE button Under the Auto Start/Stop button (this was before coding) i went in and activated the Sports exhaust and then oddly enough, the Auto S/S button was now PSE and PSE was Auto S/S. You can define the placement of the buttons in the BKE tab (i believe that's what its called). But i pulled the buttons off and switched them instead to have the correct layout.

I just tried the Rear End Electronics actuator section and i heard nothing at all. However when i click the PSE button, i hear something happening back there, though it sounds like the valves are opening 10-20%. Since the valve is controlled on vaccum, should the car be running/driving when messing with the button? Im wondering that if because i havent driven the car yet, that there is not enough vaccum to open and close.

Another odd thing is, when i started the car for the first time this morning, i can hear the exhaust open for MAYBE 1 second, then back to the same position it seems to always be in, PSE on/off. I ordered the COV this morning, id assumg that there was a leak in the lines, however, if there were then the valves would be open 100% of the time. Interesting.
I did the same and programmed the BKE/Right/Button2 to work sports exhaust. When I tried actuating the exhaust the care was running so that is how I was able to hear the difference of the flap was working with the actuation.
I also pulled bottom off the console and just controlled by pushing buttons without the cover on so that gave me access to all the buttons not just the ones that were setup on the cover. Did you order just the PSE button? If so where did you buy it? Once I get this working I'm going to hunt down a PSE center muffler since I've confirmed with others that the difference in sound from the -S stock center muffler is significant so having the button if nice but the muffler swap is what will make biggest difference.
Catharpin (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 05:43 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

I got this working now as well. I took apart the center console and just plugged in the ciruit board half so I could operate all the buttons even the ones that had dummys on the front. I assigned sport exhaust to the 3rd button on the right hand side that was not assinged to anything and the sports exhaust is operating with the button. Also see the LED works so if the sports exhaust is off it automatically turns on when the sports button is turned on which I think is how it should work. Only issue i have is no PSE button to replace the blank in the front cover. I've looked all over and only see the option to uby the entire switch console/assmebly no way to buy just the PSE button. I may take some pics and video to post in case anyone else wants to give it a try.
Catharpin (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 07:13 PM
Ken718B
Banned

I got this working now as well. I took apart the center console and just plugged in the ciruit board half so I could operate all the buttons even the ones that had dummys on the front. I assigned sport exhaust to the 3rd button on the right hand side that was not assinged to anything and the sports exhaust is operating with the button. Also see the LED works so if the sports exhaust is off it automatically turns on when the sports button is turned on which I think is how it should work. Only issue i have is no PSE button to replace the blank in the front cover. I've looked all over and only see the option to uby the entire switch console/assmebly no way to buy just the PSE button. I may take some pics and video to post in case anyone else wants to give it a try.
in order to reassign buttons are you saying that you need to take apart the console? If so what needs to be done to the buttons? Does this only do something if you install the proper exhaust? Any other progress with sport plus activation?

Last edited by Ken718B; 05-23-2024 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic