Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 10:29 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Looks exactly like what I have.
Here are pictures of the sport and normal mode displays as well as the individual menu. I just can't figure out how to activate sport plus. I don't know if it has something to do with the first code not sticking or the button remapping not working because 718s did not use the console button from the factory. Any ideas on what else to try?
Attached Images    
Old 05-31-2024, 10:32 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
Here are pictures of the sport and normal mode displays as well as the individual menu. I just can't figure out how to activate sport plus. I don't know if it has something to do with the first code not sticking or the button remapping not working because 718s did not use the console button from the factory. Any ideas on what else to try?
Hard to say. But I'd think using the code and activating on PCM that would add it to the cluster.
Old 06-01-2024, 12:50 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Hard to say. But I'd think using the code and activating on PCM that would add it to the cluster.
This code and the corresponding code for key 1 turn back to shutdown when I turn off the car. I tried saving to key memory and seat memory and it still turns back to shutdown. Do you have this same issue? Any idea how I can get the code to stick?
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2024, 06:13 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

I don't know if the S setup is just a software change or not. That'd be nice if it was.
Old 06-01-2024, 06:14 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RwdConnor
under each of the black caps is a switch and LED. No matter the console. I dont think Porsche would make 10 different configurations of the same part. The blank buttons are larger so that you dont actuate the switch underneath them. I confirmed this yesterday when putting my new $300 suncoast console together haha.
Coincidentally it is actually 10 different configurations. Note part 3 on this diagram:

There are 10 different configurations: https://www.porscheatlantaperimeterp...oduct=10451706

The tricky part is figuring out which of those applies to the options you have present in the vehicle. The database of parts there doesn't really reflect how the options are involved. There are buttons for Sport, PDCC, PASM chassis, spoiler, front-end lift, auto start/stop, traction control, and from what I understand you could have a mix of the different buttons. The center set of three switches (L) varies based on sunroof, convertible or targa. Then the others 'move' depending on which options you have installed.

Note that in my Targa 4, which has neither front axle lift, or PSE, the buttons are in different places:

And from reading other posts about button programming, it seems like the button console just sends position data, not actual activity commands. So when you press the one labeled Sport it's not sending a Sport command but rather "this button was pressed/released (let's call it L1)" and the BCM looks up to see what should happen. I'm guessing this is also how the auto start/stop command would need to be reprogrammed to use a different button should I add PSE. The odd part is there's only two part numbers for a Targa console
Old 06-01-2024, 06:16 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

It would probably help if we moved PSE conversations over to a thread that focuses more on the details. If/when it gets hashed out it'd be good to have the coding results brought back there.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1413...thinkdiag.html
Old 06-01-2024, 03:36 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 286 Posts

Unrelated to the Porsche, but I was able to use the ThinkDiag Magic to manipulate the electronic parking brake on my X3 when I changed the rear pads this morning.

No issues. It just downloaded the 'brake service' module and I selected BMW and it autodetected the model.

Worked flawlessly.

This thing continues to pay for itself over and over again. I have a Foxwell for the BMW, but clearly no longer need it.
The following 2 users liked this post by thesaintusa:
911T4ME (06-03-2024), Curvfun (06-03-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 06:24 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 294 Posts

I swapped some buttons around. When I was looking at button assignments, I noticed one of the choices was speed limiter. Is it possible to code this somewhere?
Old 06-02-2024, 06:37 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Catharpin
I swapped some buttons around. When I was looking at button assignments, I noticed one of the choices was speed limiter. Is it possible to code this somewhere?
I believe this is for the "Pit Limiter" feature in GT cars. Would be cool to have it as a party trick. Ill throw a random button i have left over in mine and see if i can figure out how to work it
Old 06-04-2024, 06:48 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

So I bought the code to activate SC on the PCM since I already have sports+ working from the button I added. I wanted to have the Chrono on MF display and PCM. I added the code to the PCM using thinkdiag and it accepted it but I'm still not seeing the Chrono as an option on the MF display. I did turn on Chrono everywhere it comes up in both PCM and Instrument cluster on thinkdiag but no dice. Anyone have any suggestions. I've see the setup process using PIWIS and it looked like it just required the code entered in the PCM.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:08 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey all, I was playing with the PASM setting for my 991.1 and update it from PASM-10+PADM to PASM-20+PADM. It then throws a PASM Fault as in this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1253...m-nowhere.html

Anyway to reset this? I reverted the setting to what it was and try clearing DTC codes but the error remains. Appreciate any help. Thanks
Old 06-05-2024, 11:09 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 153 Posts

What category do you go into to get to coding?
OBD functions? Systems diagnostic?
Old 06-08-2024, 08:36 AM
rockhouse66
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Service Reset

Originally Posted by rockhouse66
I should clarify. I have been able to code some things, like the accurate water temperature and teardrop wipers (took a lot of hunting for this one). But when I go to reset service it takes me to a lot of choices all listed with a $49 price tag.
So I finally got a reply from ThinkDiag on this issue and here is what they said: The device only comes with one optional manufacturer software and you have selected the Porsche, it didn't include the service reset function.

I think this is contrary to the experience of others so if you have any help or input on this I would appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:39 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockhouse66
So I finally got a reply from ThinkDiag on this issue and here is what they said: The device only comes with one optional manufacturer software and you have selected the Porsche, it didn't include the service reset function.

I think this is contrary to the experience of others so if you have any help or input on this I would appreciate it.
I think it is. I know for a fact that I've downloaded software for a mercedes and range rover on my unit and haven't paid for it. They may have changed what options come with the unit.
The following users liked this post:
thesaintusa (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 11:27 AM
911T4ME
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by F355bob
What category do you go into to get to coding?
OBD functions? Systems diagnostic?
I don't have it in front of me, but System Diagnostics I recall. I used the attached great summary of coding options for my 991.2. Use the "search" function with a key word to find the coding selection easier.
Attached Images

Last edited by 911T4ME; 06-08-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic