Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Just leave the Volcano Orange pre-owned one alone!
Is that a tip, for my benefit, or a request for your benefit?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:03 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Oh I don't dismiss it.....but I don't think it will play out that way if there is a God in heaven.....
Mike! Let's not bring God into this. He may prefer white cars over red ones...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,312 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Guys, calm down, it's just a car, the issue will get sorted out. Nephew of one of my employees was recently found dead by his elderly father, lying face down in the woods behind their house, after being missing for a month. Apparently drug related, and third brother to die young due to downward spiral involving drugs. That's a real 'first world' problem ...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Guys, calm down, it's just a car, the issue will get sorted out. Nephew of one of my employees was recently found dead by his elderly father, lying face down in the woods behind their house, after being missing for a month. Apparently drug related, and third brother to die that way. That's a real 'first world' problem ...
That is terrible and tough to deal with I am sure. Our condolences for all involved.

That said, at least for me and probably for most on this forum, we come here because of our enjoyment of our car or Porsche hobby. Yes, lack of knowledge on the situation can be frustrating, but we don't view this as a real 'first world' problem as implied. This is an exciting time in the progression of a hobby, but not let's get out of line and act like we did something wrong by discussing a hobby, animated or not.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Guys, calm down, it's just a car, the issue will get sorted out. Nephew of one of my employees was recently found dead by his elderly father, lying face down in the woods behind their house, after being missing for a month. Apparently drug related, and third brother to die young due to downward spiral involving drugs. That's a real 'first world' problem ...
I fail to see how this relates to those of us in the process of buying or owning a GT3. Good or bad there is a certain excitement in buying a high performance car. Part of the process is to obsess over issues related to the car. Your effort to throw water on our excitement/concern is out of line. None of us have compared it to a life or death situation.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
That is terrible and tough to deal with I am sure. Our condolences for all involved.

That said, at least for me and probably for most on this forum, we come here because of our enjoyment of our car or Porsche hobby. Yes, lack of knowledge on the situation can be frustrating, but we don't view this as a real 'first world' problem as implied. This is an exciting time in the progression of a hobby, but not let's get out of line and act like we did something wrong by discussing a hobby, animated or not.
^ this

Unimaginable situation, and obviously a different kind of problem. My condolences.

The assumption that our priorities are out of whack because we are passionately discussing the GT3 is really off base to me.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,312 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Not criticizing anyone's passion - I've posted plenty here too - it's just that the amount of turmoil while awaiting word from Porsche seems overblown even by RL 991 GT3 forum standards. How many posts in this thread in the past few days while there's been no official word from Porsche? Hundreds?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^I hear you and understand where you're coming from, Manifold.

Speaking for myself (and the dozens of posts I've made to this thread / board in recent weeks), I just view RL as a place to vent along with other people in the same boat. Totally agree that cars are nothing more than something we are remarkably fortunate to enjoy as a hobby or passion--and nothing to fret about in comparisons to "real life."
Old 03-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Well now Tim, that's just crazy talk!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

I hope not I ordered a red one too.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:59 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

It occurs to me that this may not be as big a priority to Porsche as it is to us.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:59 PM
PDK4me
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^I hear you and understand where you're coming from, Manifold.

Speaking for myself (and the dozens of posts I've made to this thread / board in recent weeks), I just view RL as a place to vent along with other people in the same boat. Totally agree that cars are nothing more than something we are remarkably fortunate to enjoy as a hobby or passion--and nothing to fret about in comparisons to "real life."
As a newbie to the forum, I appreciate the dialog. Good or bad, it's a matter of opinion, take or leave what you want. The bottom line is that we all have our personal investment into this, by that I mean beyond financial. Me personally, my first Porsche, yep, zero to GT3. This has been a roller coaster from the very beginning. It started with - I'm ready to get the car, then, no, all the allotments are gone, then I got the call if I was still interested, HELL YES, then it got delayed, and now this. Now my white GT3 is sitting at a European seaport waiting...waiting, hopefully not rusting. Like everyone else, I'm waiting to hear IF something comes out tomorrow. In the meantime, this has offered me a sense of peace to know that I'm not the only one preoccupied with this issue. Something about "misery loves company". I have to admit, I almost quit following the forum after the oncologist overwhelmed us with empathy; Mike in CA, kudos to you.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Well now Tim, that's just crazy talk!
You are both off base. I have contacted a priest/rabbi and a shrink to arbitrate. They said their response time would be much shorter than Porsche's.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rubbaman
.. In the meantime I just treated my self to a $50 Razer Aluminum Uni-Body Sandblasted Low-Friction Mouse pad and feel better already..

Thanks for the "heads up", I just bought one too!
I really have no idea how this relates to a serious GT3 'Stop Sale' Forum...Did I miss something here.

The mouse pad is a precision instrument designed for the enthusiasts demanding only the best in a mouse expierence. Compatible with the new PDK 6400dpi 4g Optical Sensor, and augmented rear mouse 1000HZ Ultra polling assist OPTIONS available only on the CONFIGURATOR.

'THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE'
Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
You are both off base. I have contacted a priest/rabbi and a shrink to arbitrate. They said their response time would be much shorter than Porsche's.
I spent an extra $400 on a double session at my shrinks today going over my forum posts on his lap top. He has downloaded the mobile app for further analysis and will have the diagnosis at next weeks consultation. He said, it did not look good.. -- but can offer a group rate..

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?