Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 05:13 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks.

Funny you should mention, my daughter is here today for her birthday. First time she's seen the car. I really wanted to take her for a ride and let her drive it but I'm not going to do it. Couldn't live with myself if something happened. Really stupid, I suppose, but some things you just don't take unnecessary chances with.
Good call - they will sort this out quickly. In the meantime, drove the car last weekend up Mulholland Highway and there is a great photographer posted there every weekend and he got some great shots of my car. Looking at these is tiding me over...hope you guys like.
Attached Images    
Old 02-22-2014, 05:15 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Great pics JC!

Gotta love our So. Cal. sunshine!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:21 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome pics...
Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I really wanted to take her for a ride and let her drive it but I'm not going to do it.
That would have been epic! Happy birthday to her. There will be many more.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Good call - they will sort this out quickly. In the meantime, drove the car last weekend up Mulholland Highway and there is a great photographer posted there every weekend and he got some great shots of my car. Looking at these is tiding me over...hope you guys like.
Now you're talking, Jeff! Great pics from a better time.

It's hard to find too much photo material when the car is parked in your driveway, but here's some I took this morning. Love the curves on these cars...takes your mind off of them catching fire...
Attached Images    
Old 02-22-2014, 05:34 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Great pics JC!

Gotta love our So. Cal. sunshine!
Thanks - and white tends to photograph pretty well in the sunlight. Having these pics blown up for the garage and framed - time to update!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:05 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@JCBH and @Mike in CA -- thanks, gentlemen!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweeeeet. Love this car. Hoping for quick recovery and back on the road soon guys. We all need to hang in there. It will be fixed soon.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:01 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Great pics JCBH and Mike!
Thanks for posting!

Happy B-day to your daughter Mike!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike showing off his PCCBs again

Sent from my mobile using Rennlist
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Mike showing off his PCCBs again

Sent from my mobile using Rennlist
Guilty. They're photogenic.... .
Old 02-22-2014, 07:47 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Good call - they will sort this out quickly. In the meantime, drove the car last weekend up Mulholland Highway ......hope you guys like.
Great pics Thx for posting.. Thats my fav road.. Hope cars can be driven soon!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"is reserved for delivery on May 16 at 10:00 a.m. in Zuffenhausen. Please keep in mind that this delivery is not guaranteed until the Stop-Sale on GT3s is lifted and the production dates are final. I will confirm with you when that happens. He can book travel at his own discretion, but Porsche can not be responsible for any lost expenses for flight change or cancellation if his car does become affected.

Thank you for your understanding."

Well good news I have my European delivery date set but on the other hand I'm on my own as far as any travel cost if the stop order impacts me. So the other question is if this stop order continues does Porsche expect us to pay for out cars even if we can't pick them up?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
"is reserved for delivery on May 16 at 10:00 a.m. in Zuffenhausen. Please keep in mind that this delivery is not guaranteed until the Stop-Sale on GT3s is lifted and the production dates are final. I will confirm with you when that happens. He can book travel at his own discretion, but Porsche can not be responsible for any lost expenses for flight change or cancellation if his car does become affected.

Well good news I have my European delivery date set but on the other hand I'm on my own as far as any travel cost if the stop order impacts me. So the other question is if this stop order continues does Porsche expect us to pay for out cars even if we can't pick them up?
I just went through this whole ordeal. My pickup date is April 2nd. Normally, if you cancel your ED, there is a 1% surcharge applied (on the sale price of the car). But given the tight timelines I have (and I told the dealer way back when I ordered the car that ED had to happen within a specific window) and that a cancellation on my part would only come if Porsche changes the date, I had the 1% clause waived.

For ED, cars are actually delivered to the 'dealer' in Zuffenhausen/Leipzig, two weeks before the scheduled pickup date. So if the build isn't on schedule, we'll know well ahead of time. Fix priority apparently is also being given to ED cars.

I would recommend waiting till Porsche calls to tell us all is good, which should be 3 weeks or so before pickup date. More than enough time to get a ticket at a reasonable price. My understanding is that if Porsche confirms the date, you book tickets and then they change the date on you, Porsche will reimburse the cost of the ticket (up to a certain undisclosed amount).
Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by skuplist

When I did my last tourist delivery in 2009, I had to pay for the car in full 30 days before my scheduled pickup date. Has that changed? If not, then if you're 30 days out and the hold is still in effect, you'll have to decide whether you still want to do TD, pay for the car if you do, and hope that it will be released before your date. It sounds like you'll be out the travel costs regardless.

I sympathize with your situation. I was supposed to pick up my first Porsche at the factory in 1984. The metalworkers union went on strike, the factory shut down, and I was on the hook for all of the travel expenses. We went anyway, but there was no new Carrera to drive.

I hope you have better luck.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?