Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 03:39 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just talked with the GM and he said it's a minor oil leak fix and said NO WAY on engine swap. He thinks DOT might be involve?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
mike_la_jolla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
This is the most disappointing fact coming out of this fiasco...
While I really do feel the pain of the owners of 991 GT3, and wish a speedy and fair solution to the issue, I cannot just glance over the following:
(i) Porsche does not stand for values it claims it stands for in its marketing communication,
(ii) Porsche does not stand for the values it used to stand for in previous years.

Using a line from one of the GM's failed brand exercises:
It (Porsche) is a different kind of company,
it (GT3) is a different kind of car.

I stick to my team even when it is going through rough times, and I will do so with Porsche. But I do hope they find the proper course soon.
This is EXACTLY my opinion. But I get flamed to hell by the Porsche fanboys here that still fall for the Porsche marketing schtick. This isn't going to end well ...
Old 03-13-2014, 03:47 PM
PDK4me
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just called 800-PORSCHE

The gentleman told me that they have no new information today, however, the only thing he was aware of was that Porsche would be emailing ALL customers (assuming they have your email address) tomorrow; could not tell me a time. He said he had no idea what the message would be. In addition, my car was completed JAN 24, arrived at the port (Emden) shortly after that and he stated that no cars were shipped back to the factory, and if it shows to be at the port, it's still there. He could not tell me if they were moved to a protected area or under what condition they are being stored.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
For my own edification could you point me to where we have a car that progressed to a confirmed marriage (chassis meets engine) or production complete for a car that started production after 11 Feb 2014? Ryan
Mine completed production 27 Feb and is waiting at the factory.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just awoke to an email. For what it's worth it is still engine replacement just like Nicks second option - reputedly on all cars. Announcement should be very soon...
Old 03-13-2014, 03:59 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PDK4me
The gentleman told me that they have no new information today, however, the only thing he was aware of was that Porsche would be emailing ALL customers (assuming they have your email address) tomorrow; could not tell me a time. He said he had no idea what the message would be. In addition, my car was completed JAN 24, arrived at the port (Emden) shortly after that and he stated that no cars were shipped back to the factory, and if it shows to be at the port, it's still there. He could not tell me if they were moved to a protected area or under what condition they are being stored.
A blast email, rather than a one by one phone call indicates the fix is universal and will apply to all engines (I still believe mine is solid) so whether the fix is a new gasket, bolt, engine, etc, it will apply to all. The rumors about engine replacement from "trusted sources" are increasing so one has to wonder. If I am to indulge the above several posts, the scenario may be that of a blast email tomorrow saying that they fulfilled their promise to contact all and that announcement as to the problem and fix will come Monday.
This is ruining my half day off...
Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Just awoke to an email. For what it's worth it is still engine replacement just like Nicks second option - reputedly on all cars. Announcement should be very soon...
I wonder if in lieu of compensation, would they agree to send the engines by air?? I would take that.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:05 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by YOCOHO
Hi Rob,

What does V170 and V300 mean? Mine is in body paint now that is what the my dealer told me yesterday. Thank you
If you ask your dealer, he will tell you what V code you are at. Im not the best one to ask this. Mine is at V210 which means past freeze point. On the 28th of March it goes into production. I don't know that code, I need to ask him. Im assuming V 300 is close to done. Some others on the RL can probably answer this.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I wonder if in lieu of compensation, would they agree to send the engines by air?? I would take that.
The only way for them to complete the task in two months is to ship the engines by air.

I would anticipate those who have taken delivery will get priority.

That said, I would anticipate more from Porsche regarding compensation.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I would absolutely expect both. What are there, maybe a 100-150 cars in the US? Charter a Lufthansa 747 cargo plane and be done with it. They aren't going to add another 3-4 weeks to this thing shipping by sea.

I hope....
Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
An official e-mail from Porsche?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
The only way for them to complete the task in two months is to ship the engines by air.

I would anticipate those who have taken delivery will get priority.

That said, I would anticipate more from Porsche regarding compensation.
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I would absolutely expect both. What are there, maybe a 100-150 cars in the US? Charter a Lufthansa 747 cargo plane and be done with it. They aren't going to add another 3-4 weeks to this thing shipping by sea.

I hope....
OK, I will negotiate for both if given the opportunity. Of course, assuming it it is an engine change.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
An official e-mail from Porsche?
Regarding compensation, I would like Porsche to think about this.

As an early buyer of the GT3 my car was delayed almost a full two months before it was built on Jan. 28th and now sits at a PDI center in San Diego.

Incredibly, later buyers with build dates this month and in April will probably get their cars and enjoy them before I do. More frustrating is they get a new car and I get a car whose engine has been removed and replaced not by the factory but by a local dealer. This all before I had even a chance to lay eyes on my car.

It just isn't right or fair. Porsche needs to step up and make things right for those of us in that position.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

It appears John (911SLOW) had it right, when he posted his poorly translated info regarding "months"...
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Early today I sent an Email to PNA with a copy of the letter we got late last week asking if we would be getting a call this week.

I was away but they did call me and left a message (I wish there was a way I could let all of you hear it so you don't think this is a rumor.)

In summary:

We (PNA) are expecting to receive word from Germany some time tomorrow (Friday) and once we do we plan to send an email to everyone and follow up with phone calls in the afternoon to explain what the situation is.

1. surprised they left a voicemail and the person gave me his direct dial.
2.I was happy they did resound to my email on a timely basis.

Again we all are in a waiting pattern……

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?