991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 435 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
Maybe. Or, it could be greater than 50-60kg lighter (buckets, magnesium roof, standard PCCBs and a host of other items would make that easily attainable) with 515-525hp, even shorter gear ratios and the aforementioned super fast PDK. Harness this to monster grip chassis and you have a beast.

991.2 RS already announced??
Old 02-27-2015, 09:55 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

D-10!! woowhoo cant wait.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hi Mark:

where can I order the ""Uncle Macca said so" T shirt"
Would love to join the "club".

Actually I think this is a good idea - we establish a "991GT3RS Club" (Macca for president ) and the T-shirt will be part of the club dress

Peter
Peter. You flatter me! Actually I don't think I can run the club as I just have a lowly GT3 (GT4 on order doesn't count) but alas no RS is likely to grace my garage.

I have the same issue as Manifold. I really cant justify the RS $$$ on the track as I dont do enough track work and the GT3 has been such a sweet all rounder Id hate to compromise that as I have done with my very focused 993RS spec.

As for the T-Shirt, Im thinking that could be a bit of fun and you will be first on the list PeterFirst! Anyone know where I can get something designed and printed?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
LOL! But maybe it reinforces the point that this car needs to be dialed up significantly to be properly enjoyed - and only a fraction of roads around the world will enable that.
You may be right. I picked up the car and put the first 2000+ miles on it in Europe on some of the great driving roads. Im not shy to push on and often went for extended drives along in the hills and had a bit of fun. Down in New Zealand we have some truly great roads, quiet, hilly, tight, scenic (ask TRAKCAR as he was in NZ touring a few months back). Im a fast road driver, pick my times to go out and the routes but do like to push on, so add in some track work the GT3 experience for me is different probably than for many here in the USA. Ill be honest and say it doesnt come alive till Im breaking the law on a wide fast winding road, but I dont bother with those roads. On our tight backroads they are marked at 100kmph and sometimes you get to 140 between corners on a long straight but mostly you are doing 80-120 on roads with corners marked 25,45, 55 and this is where the joy truly is - you many not even break the speed limit but when yo thread say 60km of road together that has maybe 20 x 25kmph corners, 30 x 55 kmph corners, 4 x one lane bridges lots of bumps, compressions, bows and rises through beautiful country side then you are pushing that chassis hard without even being bad and its a real adrenaline trip. Then you turn around and do it the other way, go home around breakfast and enjoy the rest of the day pottering around the house knowing you have had god in your life already that day, the god of driving!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:00 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Saw this in the turbo forum. The sports buttons appears to have been relocated to the wheel. Hopefully this will be implemented in the RS.

Last edited by kosmo; 02-27-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Peter. You flatter me! Actually I don't think I can run the club as I just have a lowly GT3 (GT4 on order doesn't count) but alas no RS is likely to grace my garage.

I have the same issue as Manifold. I really cant justify the RS $$$ on the track as I dont do enough track work and the GT3 has been such a sweet all rounder Id hate to compromise that as I have done with my very focused 993RS spec.

As for the T-Shirt, Im thinking that could be a bit of fun and you will be first on the list PeterFirst! Anyone know where I can get something designed and printed?
Hi Mark:

No - I say you qualify perfectly even without an RS – ah actually you have an 993RS – sort of !!!! You kept the good mood up all the time during the “stop-sale” drama and you contribute always a lot of insight also on the RS side. It is the “spirit” that counts and yours is “RS”!

I bet the T-Shirts would sell like hot cake on Rennlist. Imagine, a “RS-Logo” and then the “Uncle Macca said so” script – killer for the ones who know ….

My size is medium

Peter
Old 02-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Saw this in the turbo forum. The sports buttons appears to have been relocated to the wheel. I hope this will be implemented in the RS.
I don't believe it! They have finally admitted that the + and - on the gear lever is on the wrong way previously. Glad they addressed that. Now we might see it in all their other cars. Finally!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

same function like the 918 spyder?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. I think that would be a lot of fun. I like the idea you have too. I think the shirts will be in Orange or Purple. Let me work on this ;-)
Old 02-27-2015, 12:31 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
I don't believe it! They have finally admitted that the + and - on the gear lever is on the wrong way previously. Glad they addressed that. Now we might see it in all their other cars. Finally!
and stop w/ those STUPID toggles
Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Metzeger
same function like the 918 spyder?
well, not exactly as the 918 has a hybrid set up . The TT wheel could be a "overboost" function so it may not make it to the RS.

I personally like the Sports and Sports + buttons on the wheel.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That interior shot looks photo-shopped. The 918 style steering wheel we have seen already on the 991 GT3 mules has no buttons in it like this.

I'm not sure I like the simplified 918 wheel as much as the one in the 991 GT3. I've only seen this wheel in the Macan, maybe that put me off, but it looks like its on everything now and its not as nice as the wheel on the 918. The holes look odd when they aren't filled with buttons like on the 918.

Its on the GT4 too nso I guess Ill reverse judgement till Ive used it.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kosmo
and stop w/ those STUPID toggles
I hate those stupid toggles! It ruined my last experience with my gone C2S.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

The leaked document also stated that the Pit Lane speed limiter is on the center console. I don't know why it wouldn't be on the wheel like the 918 red button.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:14 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
That interior shot looks photo-shopped. The 918 style steering wheel we have seen already on the 991 GT3 mules has no buttons in it like this.

I'm not sure I like the simplified 918 wheel as much as the one in the 991 GT3. I've only seen this wheel in the Macan, maybe that put me off, but it looks like its on everything now and its not as nice as the wheel on the 918. The holes look odd when they aren't filled with buttons like on the 918.

Its on the GT4 too nso I guess Ill reverse judgement till Ive used it.
The wheel is ok on my wife's Macan - with things like voice control, a stereo you actually use, nav etc it's beneficial. I don't think it adds much to the typical GT car usage.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread