Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 01:43 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Makes sense. I'll ask the dealer about this. SA mentioned 6 years from the in-service date, but then also mentioned re-certifying, so not consistent.
good luck ✊
The following users liked this post:
Manifold (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 03:23 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
A lot of brake pressure. More than I've ever needed in any other car on street or track. Much more than I need with cold track pads on the street. Like "jeebus, why isn't thing slowing down!" I think the 991.2 3RS has the same PCCB as my 991.2 TTS, and the brakes in the TTS feel strong and sublime.
The 991.2 GT3 RS PCCB brakes do not bite as hard as the 991.2 turbo PCCB's, even though they are the same brakes. I believe they are calibrated differently, so as to be smoother and less abrupt on the track. However, they still perform very well. What you describe does not sound right, but there is a difference from the turbo.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Manifold (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 04:14 AM
inspire
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Just listed my Manual GT3 on Autotrader, finally found a Mexico Blue car so going to be selling this one. If anyone has questions, or have an offer, feel free to PM me.

https://www.autotrader.com/marketpla...AC2A95JS174284

Last edited by inspire; 06-12-2023 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:16 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jcannon
r
Great car and in near to new condition. The car belong to Luxuryautohause LLC up north Rancho Cordova Ca. Who ever buy the car would be one extreme lucky individual
I bought my 981 GT4 from PJ at Luxuryautohause 2 months ago. A stand up guy and a hassle free transaction!
Old 06-12-2023, 11:48 AM
jcannon
Banned

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I bought my 981 GT4 from PJ at Luxuryautohause 2 months ago. A stand up guy and a hassle free transaction!
I got tired of my GT4 and sold it to another dealer not long ago and also sold my RS to Pj last year-cool dude and OCD freak haha. Yeah I could have listed all my previous Gt cars here and unload or auto trader or whatever for more $$$$$$.. But then the games dealing with all the bull **** does not excite me over a few $k or even $10k more.I have always listed a post here without any pics and who ever read my previous ads should know I am not playing and ready to unload.If I can't unload then I will flip the car to a dealer at any price I think is fair and then move on. Since I sold my GT3 Touring, the same few guys reached out and ask what I sold it for lol. Are you serious and ask how much?????

Last edited by jcannon; 06-12-2023 at 11:53 AM.
unluckydrawer (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 08:47 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by inspire
Just listed my Manual GT3 on Autotrader, finally found a Mexico Blue car so going to be selling this one. If anyone has questions, or have an offer, feel free to PM me.

https://www.autotrader.com/marketpla...AC2A95JS174284
The 991.1 GT3 RS in Mexico Blue that Switchcars is getting in?
Old 06-12-2023, 09:05 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

I got tired of my GT4 and sold it to another dealer not long ago and also sold my RS to Pj last year-cool dude and OCD freak haha. Yeah I could have listed all my previous Gt cars here and unload or auto trader or whatever for more $$$$$$.. But then the games dealing with all the bull **** does not excite me over a few $k or even $10k more.I have always listed a post here without any pics and who ever read my previous ads should know I am not playing and ready to unload.If I can't unload then I will flip the car to a dealer at any price I think is fair and then move on. Since I sold my GT3 Touring, the same few guys reached out and ask what I sold it for lol. Are you serious and ask how much?????
They think that what you sold to a dealer is the "market" for these cars. Its not, lol.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:34 PM
jcannon
Banned

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
They think that what you sold to a dealer is the "market" for these cars. Its not, lol.
Too funny
Old 06-12-2023, 10:43 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

I don’t think Jcannon gives a f*** - hes enjoying life

wisdom that most will not understand
Old 06-13-2023, 01:35 AM
inspire
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by atlrvr
The 991.1 GT3 RS in Mexico Blue that Switchcars is getting in?
Different car, it's a 991.2. It was posted on here a few days ago actually
Old 06-13-2023, 02:23 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
I don’t think Jcannon gives a f*** - hes enjoying life

wisdom that most will not understand
I think he gets that time = money. I think we all get it to certain degrees. The intersection of money and cars can be "interesting" for sure. GT cars make no financial sense.. at all. Yet, rennlisters will fret over every financial detail and try and get the "best deal." Meanwhile the Jcannons of the world are enjoying the cars, having fun with it, and not wasting time trying to get the absolute best price buying or selling.
The following 5 users liked this post by silvertige:
AirKuhl (06-13-2023), FL4T-SIX (06-13-2023), Manifold (06-13-2023), ParadiseGT3 (06-13-2023), User 81423 (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 02:40 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

I think he gets that time = money. I think we all get it to certain degrees. The intersection of money and cars can be "interesting" for sure. GT cars make no financial sense.. at all. Yet, rennlisters will fret over every financial detail and try and get the "best deal." Meanwhile the Jcannons of the world are enjoying the cars, having fun with it, and not wasting time trying to get the absolute best price buying or selling.
amen
Old 06-13-2023, 10:00 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,637 Likes on 911 Posts

The only reason you are not talking about what you sold your car for is because the figure is low. Otherwise we would be hearing how the market is so hot still etc etc.

And selling it yourself vs dealer isnt a few grand or even $10k. In my recent experience of two sports cars the delta was $65k and almost $40k between what dealers were giving me vs what I sold my cars for. Stop twisting the facts to fit your narrative. If you put in the effort, you can sell anything and most certainly you selling it will yield a lot more $$$$ than someone else buying it from you only to resell it. Dealers have a minimum 10-12% profit margin on used cars. Keyword here being minimum. Margins are higher in GT cars.

The best way to understand the market is to negotiate a price on a car from a dealer. Then have that car you are trying to buy appraised by other dealers. And please do tell me the net delta between the price they are asking you to pay to buy vs what the car would yield today if you were to sell it to another dealer.

That figure is $30,000 in a manual GT3 give or take $5,000. I have done this study now so many times with so many different dealers and cars and the math always gives you the same numbers. In cars like tourings the delta can be as high as $50,000. I have looked at a touring that 2 dealers appraised $45,000-$57,000 below the price I had negotiated to buy the car at.

I apologize but some of you here deserve to get ripped off. You simply dont know any better AND you are not willing to put in the time and effort (because time is money right lol). People like this are the reason dealers can get away with ADM. Also why they can charge $1200 to change $120 worth of spark plugs that requires not even race ramps simply laying on your side.

In my experience, me selling my cars myself this year alone made me $105,000 more than what I would get if I sold them to a dealer. Put that money in any decent ETF and in 5 years thats a GT3 money with average returns. As you say time is money, it also costs time to make the money you literally threw away. Always two sides to a coin we should remind ourselves.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 06-13-2023 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:11 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,269 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
The only reason you are not talking about what you sold your car for is because the figure is low. Otherwise we would be hearing how the market is so hot still etc etc.

And selling it yourself vs dealer isnt a few grand or even $10k. In my recent experience of two sports cars the delta was $65k and almost $40k between what dealers were giving me vs what I sold my cars for. Stop twisting the facts to fit your narrative. If you put in the effort, you can sell anything and most certainly you selling it will yield a lot more $$$$ than someone else buying it from you only to resell it. Dealers have a minimum 10-12% profit margin on used cars. Keyword here being minimum. Margins are higher in GT cars.

The best way to understand the market is to negotiate a price on a car from a dealer. Then have that car you are trying to buy appraised by other dealers. And please do tell me the net delta between the price they are asking you to pay to buy vs what the car would yield today if you were to sell it to another dealer.

That figure is $30,000 in a manual GT3 give or take $5,000. I have done this study now so many times with so many different dealers and cars and the math always gives you the same numbers. In cars like tourings the delta can be as high as $50,000. I have looked at a touring that 2 dealers appraised $45,000-$57,000 below the price I had negotiated to buy the car at.

I apologize but some of you here deserve to get ripped off. You simply dont know any better AND you are not willing to put in the time and effort (because time is money right lol). People like this are the reason dealers can get away with ADM. Also why they can charge $1200 to change $120 worth of spark plugs that requires not even race ramps simply laying on your side.

In my experience, me selling my cars myself this year alone made me $105,000 more than what I would get if I sold them to a dealer. Put that money in any decent ETF and in 5 years thats a GT3 money with average returns. As you say time is money, it also costs time to make the money you literally threw away. Always two sides to a coin we should remind ourselves.
You're doing something wrong. My dealer offered me $5-10k less than what I paid on three trade-ins. And when you factor in sales tax credit, the differential is even less. Plus I got to drive the cars and put miles on them, it's not all loss. Find one dealer and develop a win-win relationship with them. Even if your numbers were accurate, I wouldn't want to waste my time hustling cars for the sake of $105k, I have better ways to spend/waste time - like posting on RL!
Old 06-13-2023, 10:18 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 916 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals

In my experience, me selling my cars myself this year alone made me $105,000 more than what I would get if I sold them to a dealer.
What cars were those?? Your dealers must really be looking for suckers.

Your #'s are not reflective of my experiences on sale or trade to dealers whatsoever. Private party for +$10k over what dealers offered on my last few transactions, very unlikely. And 10-12% margin on the resales of those cars, they wish.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...