Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 11:49 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

Indy - huge congrats, and wow well done on the personal PPI. Once it is delivered you can start a new thread showcasing the RS. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Indyxc (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 11:51 AM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyxc
Well, thanks to everyone's help here I am a GT3 RS.1 owner!

Here is the story for everyone that helped, and in case it helps someone in the future.

Flew down to Fort Lauderdale Friday night, and drove to the dealer Sat Morning (Ferrari West Palm Beach). I instructed them to have the car (cold) on a lift. They would not let the car leave offsite, but offered a technician to work me with, or bring my own to do any inspection I wanted. Being a car guy / engineer for 25 years, I am fairly confident in my own skills. (I've done engine / trans rebuilds / light paint work). If I would was not, I would of hired a Porsche Tech to come join me.
  • Checklists:
  • I printed the Porsche 2015-2016 Maint Check List- While nothing ground breaking, it does remind you to actually check trivial stuff like lights, horn, etc.
  • I printed the dealers intake check list (Had pad measurements), but not rotor wear.
  • Tools:
  • Paint thickness gage, OBD2 scanner, panel gap measuring tool, flash light.
  • Process
  • On the ground:
  • When I arrived, I instructed the the dealer to have the car cold. It was- We did a cold start, no smoke, or anything out of the exhaust. Kind of suprised, given these cars seems to have smoke on cold start.
  • Before putting the car on the lift, I inspected the paint with a flash light or chips, dings, and repaint. No respray evident anywhere. Good to check on inside areas like the front, under the headlights, and inside the fenders.
  • I brought my paint meaureness gage, and checked the door jam, doors, rear panels, roof. Basically the magnesium, steel, aluminum panels. You can't check the carbon or plastic ones. Paint on the sides of the car was consistent 5-6mm. Roof was 8-10 mm. I was checking for evidence of variations, none found.
  • I checked the panel gaps of the car all around, looking for differences between sides. It varied 2-5mm depending on where I measured it. The main thing, was it was consitent indicating no panel unbolting.
  • Rear spoiler oddly did not have the GT3 RS paint bubbles. It had SOME, but very little.
  • On the lift:
  • Before putting it on the lift I wanted to remove 1 wheel and inspected the brakes / rotors. This is the only thing that was less than ideal. The guy had a breaker bar, but we both struggled to remove the front wheel. I did not want the wrench to slip, so he offered to use an impact to remove it. Not ideal, and not recomended but I took this route to see the brakes. It was not a Porsche (Ferrari) so they did not have the special tools. Wheel came off, but it definitely put some marks on the center lock. : '
  • In the air:
  • Front Right Brake- You could tell this car was a country club car as the Ferrari dealership called it. Brake pads were basically new measurement (they had sent me premeasures), but you could tell they were not new as the backing plates had some rust on them.
  • Rotors: The only odd thing. The front rotors looked less new than the rear ones. They were all very smooth, but I checked every nook and cranny around the wheel well for rubber or evidence of track use when I pulled a few panels. There was ZERO evidence of track use, this was the only thing that was a head scratcher. They had given me estimate wear % by their Porsche tech (Who was off that day), but not actual porsche tool measurements. I kind of wish I had those, but moot point at this point.
  • Tires: 2018 Manf Date- all almost brand new 7/32 depth.
  • We pulled the rear engine pan, and transmission pan (picture is pre transmission pan). No evidence of leaks on the pans.
  • I inspected the belt, sensors, pulleys, exhaust. Everything clean, no evidence on any fasteners they had ever been touched.
  • Very clean underneath, though you could tell she was a Florida car. Some surface rust on no painted steel surfaced (Axle shafts inputs). Not a big deal.
  • I spent 20 mins looking at every nook and cranny all around looking for track use, water damager (sand / silt), painting. None found, the car was very clean.
  • Put the car back down on the ground / Test Drive:
  • Went through the Porsche check list- Trivial stuff, but you check radio, lights, seat belts, horn. All easty to fix sure, but costs money later.
  • Started the car, and let it idle, scanned the OB2 Codes. All the sensors were ready, which meant no one reset the engine codes recently, and there was no stored engine codes. Yay!
  • After first start the engine had high oil level, but it turned off after 5 mins or so off idle. Thank goodness I had come across this problem with porsche in my research, otherwise this would of scared me off.
  • After idle and warm up, took the car for a good 30 min drive. Checked all the usual stuff, acceleration, braking, shifts, modes, axle lift. Watched oil pressure, oil / coolant temps.
  • Came back and instead of shutting off the car let it idle to see how the temperatues settled. Both oil and coolant settled around 200f.
  • Turned the car off, let it sit for 5 mins, let it heak soak, and see how it hot started. No issue.
  • Interior:
  • Inspected the interior for the usual stuff. Wear, evidence of water damage, smoking, rips, tears. Anything that was out of the ordinary wear or damage wise. Pulled a plug on some connectors under the seat, and no evidence of water in the pins.
  • The dealer had their leather repair guy, and they recondition the seat wear on the bolster this week (Free of charge or me asking!) Very nice of them

Having purchase cars / boats in the past, I knew what a well cared for, babied car as far as driving. This was it. Definitely not owned by a someone obsessed with paint, she deifnitely need a paint correct, but I can fix that!

Decided to buy the car, definitely appreciate all the advice, and advice to buy a car with carbon buckets. While a pain to get into, they make the car even more special!

Paid for the car, drove back to the airport to catch a flight home, had a beer. Having the car shipped home this week!

I appreciate everyone who offered advice in this process! Definitely a sureal day, and I've been thinking about a kid since I had a Countach poster on my wall. The only hard part was forking over the money.

Congrats, now take it to the track and drive it!!
The following 6 users liked this post by Dguth:
2K7TTMIA (09-17-2023), HpIzKing (10-19-2023), Indyxc (09-17-2023), IRunalot (09-18-2023), KBS911 (09-18-2023), M&Abanker4life (09-19-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 AM
bobbymcbobby
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently looking to get a 991.1 GT3, been reading up on all the engine information and warranty things...
Does anyone have experience with this dealer and possibly the car?
https://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle...AC2A90FS183157
Seems like the going price in both a Portland dealership and here is 139k
Old 09-18-2023, 03:23 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

I have been by this dealer many times. They usually carry a decent assortment of cars. Like many dealers, they are proud of their inventory and even prouder of their pricing model. Have spoken (in person) with several of their staff and it was always a pleasant experience.

Regarding price, I'm definitely not up on the market on these, but can give you my RL $0.02. Related to my perspective above on pricing, here is a $142k MSRP 2015 GT3 with 24k miles, and of course the known FF issue, and ~14 months remaining on the engine warranty. Certainly, this is their ask, but in my experience, they don't stray too far from ask. For argument's sake let's say this has 10k miles instead of 24k, would you still pay $140k? Also, call your local Porsche dealer in Portland and pretend like you're considering trading a similar equipped car and mileage, see what they would offer you. This may help you think about the deal. This isn't meant to say dealers shouldn't make money. Of course, they do, but rather open your eyes to what they wholesale trade at. Say all the sudden you decide to sell and what your quick exit would net.

The pics and description make it seem like a solid car. I really like the .1 GT3, and when priced right even with the known issue presents good value. For my money if I had a budget of 140k, and maybe a little more, I would jump into 991.2 GT3 with 30k miles similarly equipped.

It's tricky in the PNW, not enough to choose form IMHO, and the local dealers behave knowing this fact.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by bobbymcbobby
Currently looking to get a 991.1 GT3, been reading up on all the engine information and warranty things...
Does anyone have experience with this dealer and possibly the car?
https://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle...AC2A90FS183157
Seems like the going price in both a Portland dealership and here is 139k
bobbymcbobby (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:31 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Touring on BaT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...t3-touring-25/
bobbymcbobby (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:40 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

wow, photography is great.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:31 AM
bobbymcbobby
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
I have been by this dealer many times. They usually carry a decent assortment of cars. Like many dealers, they are proud of their inventory and even prouder of their pricing model. Have spoken (in person) with several of their staff and it was always a pleasant experience.

Regarding price, I'm definitely not up on the market on these, but can give you my RL $0.02. Related to my perspective above on pricing, here is a $142k MSRP 2015 GT3 with 24k miles, and of course the known FF issue, and ~14 months remaining on the engine warranty. Certainly, this is their ask, but in my experience, they don't stray too far from ask. For argument's sake let's say this has 10k miles instead of 24k, would you still pay $140k? Also, call your local Porsche dealer in Portland and pretend like you're considering trading a similar equipped car and mileage, see what they would offer you. This may help you think about the deal. This isn't meant to say dealers shouldn't make money. Of course, they do, but rather open your eyes to what they wholesale trade at. Say all the sudden you decide to sell and what your quick exit would net.

The pics and description make it seem like a solid car. I really like the .1 GT3, and when priced right even with the known issue presents good value. For my money if I had a budget of 140k, and maybe a little more, I would jump into 991.2 GT3 with 30k miles similarly equipped.

It's tricky in the PNW, not enough to choose form IMHO, and the local dealers behave knowing this fact.

Good luck!
That's actually amazing advice thank you, yeah I don't think I'm too heavy on the mileage, as I'm reading that engine failure is inevitable, just a matter of when so regardless of 10k or 30k I'm okay with both as it'll be a driver's car. I'm also okay to wait, as I'd imagine these prices will go down more with the warranty ending soon. You're right, especially in one of the dealerships in Portland it seems they're pretty set on their high asking price.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:57 PM
drc4ss
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
allthingsporsche is the sleaziest car salesman I’ve ever encountered. I’d never buy or sell a car to him.
This. 350k sounds about right since last time I called. Guy is an absolute clown and was super disrespectful/condescending in my short experience with him. I guess best way to not take a loss on a car is to never sell it.

Last edited by drc4ss; 09-19-2023 at 05:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by drc4ss:
IRunalot (09-19-2023), Rod27 (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 05:10 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by drc4ss
This. 350k sounds about right since last time I called. Guy is an absolute clown and was super disrespectful/condescending in my short experience with him. I guess best way to not take a loss on a car is to never sell it.
he was "working me" to try to buy my SLS Black Series and even my GT3RS and when i didnt agree to his offers, he started trying to insult me saying i was retarded, on drugs etc etc.
drc4ss (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 05:13 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 167 Posts

Hmm great reviews - sarcasm- Either 5 stars or 1

https://www.cars.com/dealers/5390430/allthingsporsches/

welikethetrack (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 05:14 PM
drc4ss
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
he was "working me" to try to buy my SLS Black Series and even my GT3RS and when i didnt agree to his offers, he started trying to insult me saying i was retarded, on drugs etc etc.
Wow. It's a shame because it really is a beautiful spec...one that should be enjoyed. But knowing this guy's attitude and "swag", he's too humble to take a loss on it. My guess is it will stay down in Florida for the foreseeable future.
IRunalot (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 05:20 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

https://www.pcarautogallery.com/inventory/

Every car is "Call for price"

The following 2 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
IRunalot (09-20-2023), signal_gelb (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 01:37 AM
famoruwa
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

That inventory of P-cars is a time-capsule, wow!
The following 2 users liked this post by famoruwa:
IRunalot (09-20-2023), maroli (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 01:43 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
https://www.pcarautogallery.com/inventory/

Every car is "Call for price"
some incredible cars though
Old 09-20-2023, 10:20 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 916 Likes on 507 Posts

I don't know the guy, but what if your entire business life was The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread.

Sometimes I'd be cranky.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...