Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 02:01 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
Just wanted to thank 718socal for helping me with PIWIS coding of my 22 BGTS 4.0 for these functions: 1. Activating the "gesture" opening of the trunk and frunk after I installed the sensors that were omitted at the factory from the PED equipped 2022's; 2. Opening and closing of the convertible top with the key fob; 3. remembering last setting so that *** stays off; and 4. accurate coolant temp readings. All done remotely (I'm in East TX and Phil in Cali) which required a hard wired connection from my router to my laptop (tried over wifi which had plenty of bandwidth but too much latency for it to work). Phil was very patient because we had to schedule a second day to give me time to move my router out to the garage and get an ethernet dongle for my laptop. Gave him a nice $$ donation for his help/assistance.
Reach out to him if you don't have a PIWIS or access to one - nice man and very helpful. He won't say it but I will--don't take advantage of his generosity and use him and his gear for free. Everyone's time is valuable, ya know!

As for adding the sensors, I made it as easy as possible and removed the wheels and on the front the wheel well liners (no way could I have gotten to and disconnected the wire connections on the front bumper by reaching behind the liners with a long screw driver--it was hard enough when I could get my hands on them and knew how they're supposed to come apart). The rear bumper cover is a good bit heavier than the front so have a helper or somewhere handy to sit it when you get it off. I had no trouble popping out the tail lights, that is after getting those long bolts out. There's a video on youtube by a Dallas detailer that helped with that and I had the same trim tools as they did--pops right out.
Thank you Paul. Welcome to the Class of 2022 Gesture Control 😎
The following 2 users liked this post by 718socal:
edsonreds (11-06-2023), Z06jerry (11-30-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 04:48 PM
edsonreds
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Porsche 991 Fuel Tank Upgrade Coding

Hi there! Planning on upgrading my fuel tank from 62L capacity to the larger 90L. I would like to cross check if anyone has done it before. When I get into the program (Piwis) I select the Kombiinstrument module, I find 2 main lines referring to fuel tank capacity: Tank-Variante 1 and Tank-Variante 2.

Should I change both? See picture attached. Variante 1 refers to a 62L capacity and Variante 2 says 63L. Should I change both to 90L and 91L accordingly? Am I selecting all the lines that need to be changed for the coding?

Opinions/help much appreciated.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:45 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edsonreds
Porsche 991 Fuel Tank Upgrade Coding

Hi there! Planning on upgrading my fuel tank from 62L capacity to the larger 90L. I would like to cross check if anyone has done it before. When I get into the program (Piwis) I select the Kombiinstrument module, I find 2 main lines referring to fuel tank capacity: Tank-Variante 1 and Tank-Variante 2.

Should I change both? See picture attached. Variante 1 refers to a 62L capacity and Variante 2 says 63L. Should I change both to 90L and 91L accordingly? Am I selecting all the lines that need to be changed for the coding?

Opinions/help much appreciated.

Is there an option code for extended tank? You might have to add it to the VO then Auto Code Kombi and other modules.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:38 PM
edsonreds
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 718socal
Is there an option code for extended tank? You might have to add it to the VO then Auto Code Kombi and other modules.
In V-mode there is no option for the extended fuel tank… just the routine for the pump calibration in “Maintenance repairs”. Going into Add Menu tab and “Maintenance of Vehicle Data” no option for fuel tank Whatsoever.

But… In E-Mode… in Kombi>Add Menu>’Maintenance, I found under M-Numbers the following screen where you can tick the 90L option.

What other modules would you suggest looking at? My limited knowledge in german doesnt help me in E-mode LoL.

Last edited by edsonreds; 11-06-2023 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:54 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 864 Likes on 458 Posts

I was able to code the Gauge cluster for Nav. I now have turn by turn (which I'll probably rarely use) but might be nice to have if I ever want.
I did not run the cable - so I don't have the map... I can always do this later but I doubt I'd ever use map view in the cluster...
The biggest benefit for me is that now I can add the Compass to my "Vehicle" screen. I have it in the 4th line. That always drove me nuts that there wasn't a quick glance compass in the car.

The following users liked this post:
TubaFreak (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 01:21 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

We also tried to code
Dash Illumination at all times
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18176114

Those options were not available and we could not code that in... Anyone else run into this?
Old 11-10-2023, 01:44 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I was able to code the Gauge cluster for Nav. I now have turn by turn (which I'll probably rarely use) but might be nice to have if I ever want.
I did not run the cable - so I don't have the map... I can always do this later but I doubt I'd ever use map view in the cluster...
The biggest benefit for me is that now I can add the Compass to my "Vehicle" screen. I have it in the 4th line. That always drove me nuts that there wasn't a quick glance compass in the car.
That's awesome. Do you have the settings in PIWIS for this?

With top down weather days quickly counting down, and the new car "Don't touch anything!" mentality waning, I might dive into enabling NAV and a bunch of settings in PIWIS this winter. It'd be like driving a whole new car come Spring lol.
Old 11-10-2023, 02:21 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TubaFreak
That's awesome. Do you have the settings in PIWIS for this?

With top down weather days quickly counting down, and the new car "Don't touch anything!" mentality waning, I might dive into enabling NAV and a bunch of settings in PIWIS this winter. It'd be like driving a whole new car come Spring lol.
I don't. I took it to an indi shop. They used some of the description in this thread above:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18227098

But they said the description was a bit vague and had to play around a bit in there but it wasn't super hard to do.
Old 11-10-2023, 02:58 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Ah, fair enough, thanks anyway though!
Old 11-10-2023, 03:11 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

I don't. I took it to an indi shop. They used some of the description in this thread above:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18227098

But they said the description was a bit vague and had to play around a bit in there but it wasn't super hard to do.
Add NAV option to Maintenance Data and Auto Code Kombi
Old 11-10-2023, 03:45 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

We also tried to code
Dash Illumination at all times
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18176114

Those options were not available and we could not code that in... Anyone else run into this?
It is on the first page
Old 11-10-2023, 05:36 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DR.S
Someone asked / showed already how instrument cluster of 982R looks like?
Post 224. I think it just shows the picture when you start the car. The cluster does not change

Last edited by 718socal; 11-10-2023 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:03 AM
Sebastian_9112
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance display part 2

Since all values are zero it seems logic that no graph is displayed.
You can play a bit, starting with your adequate max rpm, to see if a graph appears.

Usually PCCB conversion is coded via adding 450 in vehicle order (VO)
Hello everyone,

I keep running into the same problem with the Torque and Display graph display. This time I managed to code values ​​for all fields and the ECU seems to have recorded the values ​​correctly. However, there is still no graph displayed.

I'm starting to believe that there is probably an additional module to activate.

So far I have coded the following:

1) Instrument cluster: Performance and torque indication_0 and Performance indication and torque_1 (integration of RPM/KW/NM from x,y to x20,y20 values.../ max RPM values/ ​​retightening display time)
2) Instrument cluster: Benutzerkonten: Benutzer (1 to 13): Performance: Enable
3) Instrument cluster: Factory settings: Factory settings_1: Performance: Enable

Does anyone have an idea which module might be missing?

THANKS!!
Old 11-14-2023, 07:45 PM
TDS
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian_9112
Hello everyone,

I keep running into the same problem with the Torque and Display graph display. This time I managed to code values ​​for all fields and the ECU seems to have recorded the values ​​correctly. However, there is still no graph displayed.

I'm starting to believe that there is probably an additional module to activate.

So far I have coded the following:

1) Instrument cluster: Performance and torque indication_0 and Performance indication and torque_1 (integration of RPM/KW/NM from x,y to x20,y20 values.../ max RPM values/ ​​retightening display time)
2) Instrument cluster: Benutzerkonten: Benutzer (1 to 13): Performance: Enable
3) Instrument cluster: Factory settings: Factory settings_1: Performance: Enable

Does anyone have an idea which module might be missing?

THANKS!!
Hi, what do you mean you don't have the graph displayed? I enabled these and I have the display with the graph curve but the small orange dot only travels along the bottom of the X axis, which I guess isn't normal. It doesn't rise up the curvature of the graphical display. This is on a 981s.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2023, 08:01 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Has someone coded the DRL from the base xenon to the lights in the bumper ?
Should be in here. I forgot which one but you can easily test.

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request